420 Soil Purple Girl Scout Cookies Clone Hybrid Indica Dominant 2021

Congratulations you did a fantastic job. So happy to see that you're washing your buds. Now comes the most difficult part of your grow, allowing it to sit in a jar and cure for weeks
Thank you @Costanza! Hahaha I know right, just when you think your done waiting, you have to hurry up and wait some more. I have about one full mason jar of what I was practicing with and it’s pretty good. we started smoking some last night. I was able to get the full effect when I had my first smoke of the day. wow it tastes just like what we get from our local dispensary. so I can just imagine once they’ve had time to cure. I’ll give a better description of the taste and smell and effects in its own post.

Ps. thank you for all your help and support my first grow. bc I really needed all the help I could get and probably still do. :thanks:

ok, let’s see if I’ve got this.. @InTheShed

Hang dry for 1 week. (What’s a good temp and rh?)
Place buds into mason jars and start burping for 1 week, 2x’s a day for 10 minutes each time.
Burp 1 week, 1 x per day at 10 minutes each.
Add boveda packet once buds are around 62% humidity for 3 weeks. Do I need to burp during the 3 weeks, or as long as the humidity is at 62% just leave them be?

That's how I do it! And I just seal them up after the three weeks of hang/burp and never think about them until they're ready to be sampled.

In terms of RH and temps, I'm not sure how much control you'll have but I try to drive off a lot of moisture during the first 24 hours and then slow it down. I'd keep the RH in the 50s to start and then let it rise to the mid-60s.

Since RH is relative to temperature, I tend not to worry too much about the temps, also because I have no control over it!

That's how I do it! And I just seal them up after the three weeks of hang/burp and never think about them until they're ready to be sampled.

In terms of RH and temps, I'm not sure how much control you'll have but I try to drive off a lot of moisture during the first 24 hours and then slow it down. I'd keep the RH in the 50s to start and then let it rise to the mid-60s.

Since RH is relative to temperature, I tend not to worry too much about the temps, also because I have no control over it!
thanks for this I am always looking for a better cure method and spent an hour arguing with a friend that believes you get the same effect from just leaving it in the jar without burping. I made the mistake of adding those humidity packs as soon as it was done drying and in jars. My next one should be ready in about 3 weeks so I'm gonna use this method next.

Breaking news just in … plants are going down as we speak. And I still have some questions, of course lol
Are these colas spaced far enough from each other, or can I add a couple more?

image.jpg

image.jpg

I was actually trimming before their bath. should I be washing them first, before trim? I was going to trim, wash, drip dry and then hang in their grow tent with a fan on the floor. and maybe the vent at the bottom of the tent open. The exhaust fan will also on low. Or does it have to be completely dark for the drying process?

Here are the vents on the bottom of the grow tent.

image.jpg

I'd leave all the bottom vents open, but drying should be done in as dark as possible. Are you talking about room light coming in the vents?
Yeah, well actually any type of light? I have it pretty dark in my grow room with some “blackout” curtains, they block out the light but not blackout. But that’s an easy fix if need be.

The actual room will have a little natural lighting seeping in but they will be in the tent. I should probably go ahead and upgrade those generic blackout curtains.

3A9AAA6E-FA3E-481F-8ACE-F411C9BF2771.jpeg

Hey shed, I have the humidity at about 50%-55. I had to add 2 tall cups of water at the bottom and a small wet towel on a hanger to keep the humidity at around 50%. I also have 2 small fans on low. One is hanging at the top facing the wall so it isn’t directly blowing on the flower. I also have a small fan on the floor facing the wall. I’m worried about the wet towel. I don’t want it to smell like mildew. I had to improvise and use my husband’s racks for washing his hats. wrapped in some tulle I had laying around for some little buds that got cut by accident lol

D3EB8F4D-13A7-439E-A3A5-F9ADB9BDF7D1.jpeg

472C30C4-32BA-4C4B-97AE-6D5C8B6FC3F5.jpeg

Ok guys, I’m ba’aak!! Lol…I’m sorry I use so many !! It’s just that I am a very excited person! So, omg guys my harvest is all done drying and placed into mason jars to start the curing phase. I burped them for the first time this AM and the the humidity was 52% when I opened the jars. Does this mean I dried them too fast? I’m wondering if I should go ahead place the 62% boveda pack into the jars to try and raise the humidity? The taste and smoke is pretty good, I like it! The aroma is also there omg smells so good. I’m really happy with my first grow thus far and it is the end of the road. I’ll be closing out my first Journal and onto my second.

E681F964-7CAD-41BC-993A-85E7C0A551EE.jpeg

C675E158-495A-4E1B-A7A6-7AE5F105EC87.jpeg

58FC4E2B-EB84-409A-B9A1-DFF687B90972.jpeg

Congratulations on getting that harvest into jars! I wouldn't say you dried too fast, just too much.

If the RH where you live is higher than 50 I would just leave the jars open and let the buds absorb moisture from the air as the Boveda 62s might not have the oomph to move the needle that far.

If you live in a dryer climate, you can toss an apple wedge or lemon or lime wedge in the jar and seal it up for a few hours. Then take it out and wait 8 hours and see where the RH settles. Still too low? Do it again for longer.

Ok guys, I’m ba’aak!! Lol…I’m sorry I use so many !! It’s just that I am a very excited person! So, omg guys my harvest is all done drying and placed into mason jars to start the curing phase. I burped them for the first time this AM and the the humidity was 52% when I opened the jars. Does this mean I dried them too fast? I’m wondering if I should go ahead place the 62% boveda pack into the jars to try and raise the humidity? The taste and smoke is pretty good, I like it! The aroma is also there omg smells so good. I’m really happy with my first grow thus far and it is the end of the road. I’ll be closing out my first Journal and onto my second.

E681F964-7CAD-41BC-993A-85E7C0A551EE.jpeg

C675E158-495A-4E1B-A7A6-7AE5F105EC87.jpeg

58FC4E2B-EB84-409A-B9A1-DFF687B90972.jpeg
I should probably mention this is the yield from my 2 hybrid purple Girl Scout cookies. I’ll be taking down my sativa dominate hybrid called Future right now. Any suggestions on scales?

If the RH where you live is higher than 50 I would just leave the jars open and let the buds absorb moisture from the air as the Boveda 62s might not have the oomph to move the needle that far.
Ok. I checked the weather it says our humidity is at 82% today but I think that’s bc it rained all night and morning. In the house it’s only at 48%. I went ahead and placed lime wedges into the jars.
Wow in the amount of time it took to take the pic the humidity already rise to 58%, and rising, so cool! Thanks Shed

image.jpg

Well guys it’s time to close my very first grow journal and onto the next. I was able to yield 4.5 ounces from 3 plants. 1 Sativa Future and 2 indica purple Girl Scout cookies all 3 hybrid. Thanks again to everyone you helped me on my first grow journey! :green_heart::snowboating:

Ps. Fingers crossed for grow 2

0930F327-88C9-4843-8600-D4A4475DB7BD.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom