420 Soil Purple Girl Scout Cookies Clone Hybrid Indica Dominant 2021

87 days today and still little to no amber trichomes is it possible for her/them to go another 2 weeks? They all actually seem to be on the same page bc the trichomes all look the same as in no amber when looking at several different areas of all 3 plants! Guess anything is possible. So yeah, I’m trying to gather info on how to harvest and cure the best way. And I do have 3 mason jars with my first batch of all 3 strains that I’m practicing with. I tried some right after harvest and euu nasty lol NOW my brain is starting to process the process of curing and harvesting (not in that order) and the difference between the two. :goodluck: to me! :reading420magazine:
Ps. These pics were taken using my jewelry’s loupe and my iphone camera zoomed in lol…..as per @InTheShed signature :thanks:

302E7F92-333C-4317-A113-7BE9B1BEC982.jpeg

567FB784-D617-4C1F-9C61-D7F0F306016A.jpeg

B28CBEA9-5D01-481D-868E-9B5440219C02.jpeg

1E991C83-1803-47DB-9E6A-59EE8C5360F2.jpeg

Amber on the sugar leaves doesn't count, so ignore those. Also, try to get pics of the older calyxes rather than the ones on the foxtails, since you will probably be harvesting before those even get cloudy.

In terms of harvesting, drying, and curing, I have found it best to allow three weeks from the date of chop until you seal the buds up for the cure. In my grows it breaks down this way: 1 week hang dry, 1 week burping 2x/day for 10 minutes each, and 1 week burping once a day for 10 minutes. At that point I have gotten the buds close to 62% humidity, and I seal them in jars with Boveda 62s for at least three weeks before anyone gets to try them.

During this three week period, most of the chlorophyll has dissipated which makes the cure much more successful.

Amber on the sugar leaves doesn't count, so ignore those. Also, try to get pics of the older calyxes rather than the ones on the foxtails, since you will probably be harvesting before those even get cloudy.

In terms of harvesting, drying, and curing, I have found it best to allow three weeks from the date of chop until you seal the buds up for the cure. In my grows it breaks down this way: 1 week hang dry, 1 week burping 2x/day for 10 minutes each, and 1 week burping once a day for 10 minutes. At that point I have gotten the buds close to 62% humidity, and I seal them in jars with Boveda 62s for at least three weeks before anyone gets to try them.

During this three week period, most of the chlorophyll has dissipated which makes the cure much more successful.
Ok, I think I got it! It just clicked in my brain. I’m going to go ahead and take a cola (small) from each plant so I can get a better look.

The end of the 12th week and I’m so excited and nervous at the same time it’s a little overwhelming but I’ll be ok lol so any suggestions on the size of mason jars I should get, any suggestions at all are greatly appreciated and very needed atm like I’ve been reading where ppl are saying to give the plants a dark period before harvest from 24 to 48 even 72 hours to increase potency. Then I’ve read why wait it’s just prolonging harvest bc when they’re ready their ready.?

Check list for harvest, dry, cure;
3, 5 gallon buckets for washing
Rack for hanging to drying
Tent for drying
Mason jars (not sure which size)
Hydrometer for inside the jar
Boveda 62% RH

C838C408-B3B4-4D2D-8E98-9892DC1096A9.jpeg

50E1EC69-A418-4A09-807E-E1EA0A105FA1.jpeg

108AC197-7C52-4BE4-B7A1-D8423FB30D6A.jpeg

A6CE0BE8-81AF-4DE0-A466-6A63924CD454.jpeg

BE075F82-C417-4EE0-86FF-F25AB222F735.jpeg

Thanks for all the pictures. I'm doing my first grow and am likely 3 - 4 weeks from harvest. These pictures are such a good comparative reference. Those individual buds look like Christmas. Exciting times and a little nerve wracking. Thanks again.

The end of the 12th week and I’m so excited and nervous at the same time it’s a little overwhelming but I’ll be ok lol so any suggestions on the size of mason jars I should get, any suggestions at all are greatly appreciated and very needed atm like I’ve been reading where ppl are saying to give the plants a dark period before harvest from 24 to 48 even 72 hours to increase potency. Then I’ve read why wait it’s just prolonging harvest bc when they’re ready their ready.?

Check list for harvest, dry, cure;
3, 5 gallon buckets for washing
Rack for hanging to drying
Tent for drying
Mason jars (not sure which size)
Hydrometer for inside the jar
Boveda 62% RH

C838C408-B3B4-4D2D-8E98-9892DC1096A9.jpeg

50E1EC69-A418-4A09-807E-E1EA0A105FA1.jpeg

108AC197-7C52-4BE4-B7A1-D8423FB30D6A.jpeg

A6CE0BE8-81AF-4DE0-A466-6A63924CD454.jpeg

BE075F82-C417-4EE0-86FF-F25AB222F735.jpeg
wow congrats on your first grow, I think you did a great job. Looks like you have all you need for the harvest. One piece of advice that I didn't learn until it was too late, when your buds finish drying do not add the boveda humidity pack right away, keep the buds in the mason jars and open the lid for 10 minutes per day for about 2 weeks and after 2 weeks then throw in the 62% pack and open the jars about twice per week for 3 weeks and then that should give them a good cure.

Thanks for all the pictures. I'm doing my first grow and am likely 3 - 4 weeks from harvest. These pictures are such a good comparative reference. Those individual buds look like Christmas. Exciting times and a little nerve wracking. Thanks again.
No problem, Im glad I can help! At least now I know I’m not obsessing to much with all the pictures I post. I just cannot decided between 1 or 2 lol this was my first grow almost like your first child, having a picture for every little mile stone then you get to child 4-5 and absolutely no pictures lol
You are in the perfect place to become a seasoned grower, I’ve learned so much since joining @420 in the last 5 months and haven’t stopped! :snowboating:

wow congrats on your first grow, I think you did a great job. Looks like you have all you need for the harvest. One piece of advice that I didn't learn until it was too late, when your buds finish drying do not add the boveda humidity pack right away, keep the buds in the mason jars and open the lid for 10 minutes per day for about 2 weeks and after 2 weeks then throw in the 62% pack and open the jars about twice per week for 3 weeks and then that should give them a good cure.
Thank you so much @Costanza! I was getting really nervous about harvest and cure but now with the help of @InTheShed I think I’ve got this he suggested the same process. I also wanted to try curing in the refrigerator, it just so happens that I have a mini fridge in the garage that isn’t being used atm so we shall see. I’m so excited bc I’m thinking it’ll be any day now those trich’s are milky with lil amber but I don’t want a lot anyways so yeah the anticipation sure is building. :thumb:

Thank you so much @Costanza! I was getting really nervous about harvest and cure but now with the help of @InTheShed I think I’ve got this he suggested the same process. I also wanted to try curing in the refrigerator, it just so happens that I have a mini fridge in the garage that isn’t being used atm so we shall see. I’m so excited bc I’m thinking it’ll be any day now those trich’s are milky with lil amber but I don’t want a lot anyways so yeah the anticipation sure is building. :thumb:
Yeah I had major anxiety about drying and curing. Just scary how you can spend months growing the plant and then ruin it by not curing correctly. I've read so many different ways, and its so hard to tell which one to do. If you have some time search Malawi Cob curing on this site, its wild. I've discovered that by adding that humidity pack too early it really dulls the scent and taste, I just tried vaping some flower from my last grow and it just didn't taste like the high quality stuff I am used to, so like the man of patience I am I pressed it all into rosin and its gone.

so yeah, like what is going on right now!!? we are officially one day into our 13th week and the ladies are showing little to no sigh of being done atm..They all seem to be in sync with each other too, it’s so cool! Like, they’re all still drinking and eating as normal. SMH.. I watered on Thursday with nutrients and 3 days later they want more water, ok!? If I’m following @Emilya suggestions on watering in the flowering stages and understood correctly, then yeah they’re all dry half way down and moist at the bottom. oh geeeze and as long as I’m not totally color blind, then I’m only able to see clear to milky trichomes with some amber popping up, just not very much. unless looking at the sugar leaves (which doesn’t count). I’ve looked all the way up and all the way down the ladies, oh my lol…I’ve even cut a few colas/branches/buds off to get a better look and also to start practicing the drying and curing process. Anyways, I think I’ll go ahead and take her down on Wednesday, if the answer to my next question is no that is. How long is the harvest “window” opening tr usually, I’d hate to wait too-long….

Question; should I go ahead and give them one last watering since their last watering was with nutes, or call it a successful grow and chop them down after 24hrs of dark or???

ps. these pics are from a few hours ago using a very generic wifi digital microscope.

C3C6185F-D7B9-4F66-9803-D17A81F46CDF.jpeg

2AE053E3-2421-4652-8C0C-6D4150667814.jpeg

D13CD70E-C20D-4DC7-9A36-DA950C4242C6.jpeg

06EF9A6A-2868-4E13-BD34-327E795BA587.jpeg

3F62D111-792A-44D2-9F8F-937CDBAC7163.jpeg

24447B33-26C8-45DD-B0DD-35398C3BCBF5.jpeg

22F7ACD5-E594-4F8D-AB2E-3B6E7E40B37B.jpeg

AC4A7365-111A-49D8-9650-6DE552C56CAD.jpeg

2EDEEA66-3F20-4199-99B8-23F8AB50B434.jpeg

image.jpg

Yeah I had major anxiety about drying and curing. Just scary how you can spend months growing the plant and then ruin it by not curing correctly. I've read so many different ways, and its so hard to tell which one to do. If you have some time search Malawi Cob curing on this site, its wild. I've discovered that by adding that humidity pack too early it really dulls the scent and taste, I just tried vaping some flower from my last grow and it just didn't taste like the high quality stuff I am used to, so like the man of patience I am I pressed it all into rosin and its gone.
I was totally feeling the same way! It’s almost like I secretly don’t want them to finish lol oh yeah I wanted to ask if you did a dark period before harvest?

I was totally feeling the same way! It’s almost like I secretly don’t want them to finish lol oh yeah I wanted to ask if you did a dark period before harvest?
I left them in the tent for 2 days I'm darkness but where I went wrong was I put a block of ice under the pot to try and trick the plant into thinking it was winter and it went wrong lol. The water melted and created too much humidty in the tent and I had a very musty smell after a few days. Hung to dry and the smell hist wasnt as strong as it was when I chopped them. The smell reminded me of wet weed that dries.

I've been out of town so pardon the late reply! One thing I want to mention is to save all your trim after harvest since it looks to be loaded with trichomes...even those fan leaves. :thumb:

I tried a dark period twice and it made no difference to the plant, so I skip that. Others swear by it of course.

suggestions on the size of mason jars I should get
I get the ones I can fit my hand in, I think they're quart size with the wide mouth.
I’ve even cut a few colas/branches/buds off to get a better look
And then you smoke them of course to find out if the plant is ready? Taking testers is a time-honored way of figuring out if it's time to harvest. I'd say you're close from the pic, but smoking the testers will let you know. Ignore the green/harsh taste and see if you like the effects.

I've been out of town so pardon the late reply! One thing I want to mention is to save all your trim after harvest since it looks to be loaded with trichomes...even those fan leaves. :thumb:

I tried a dark period twice and it made no difference to the plant, so I skip that. Others swear by it of course.

I get the ones I can fit my hand in, I think they're quart size with the wide mouth.

And then you smoke them of course to find out if the plant is ready? Taking testers is a time-honored way of figuring out if it's time to harvest. I'd say you're close from the pic, but smoking the testers will let you know. Ignore the green/harsh taste and see if you like the effects.
No problem @InTheShed, any extra time you have to contribute to my grow, I’ll take! I’m so glad you mentioned to ignore the taste bc the first bud I tried, I was like oh hell no this is not what I am looking for not the vibe at all! It’s a little harsh, just a little though and the desired effect I’d say is almost there just not quite. I have a feeling we are going to get real close to the 14th week. which I was so worried about bc I’m scared the window is about to close but from what I just sampled from a few weeks ago I think we’re about there. so I’ll harvest towards the end of the week, Thursday or Friday. Saturday will be the 14th week. :rollit:

Still a bit racy for you?
Oh yeah just a tad lol….I just tried some I took down last Thursday and yeah the desired effect is definitely there. It’s been hanging 4 days and doesn’t taste bad at all. I can just imagine the taste after a proper cure. I’m going to go ahead and take them down tomorrow because this grow is officially over!!! Thank you for all your help shed!!! I really, really do appreciate it omg I’m getting emotional lol…I did it, I completed my very first grow! Now on to harvest and curing. :thanks:

Well guys I did it I grew my very own medical marijuana!! I’m beyond excited! I’m getting ready to give the girls a baking soda con limón bath lol and hang them babies to slowly dry in their 3x3 tent, where I’m sure I can control the environment. Then burp them for a week, then add the 62% RH packet for another week and boom, I will officially be done with my first ever grow!! :yahoo:

Ps. Last pic’s of my 3 ladies before harvest.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Well guys I did it I grew my very own medical marijuana!! I’m beyond excited! I’m getting ready to give the girls a baking soda con limón bath lol and hang them babies to slowly dry in their 3x3 tent, where I’m sure I can control the environment. Then burp them for a week, then add the 62% RH packet for another week and boom, I will officially be done with my first ever grow!! :yahoo:

Ps. Last pic’s of my 3 ladies before harvest.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
Congratulations you did a fantastic job. So happy to see that you're washing your buds. Now comes the most difficult part of your grow, allowing it to sit in a jar and cure for weeks

Back
Top Bottom