420 Soil Purple Girl Scout Cookies Clone Hybrid Indica Dominant 2021

I still use the lift method in flower, but I just water a day earlier in flower than I would wait for in veg.

If you didn't see the leaves droop you probably didn't hurt the harvest too badly!
Wow really, ok yeah I’m afraid I hurt them then. bc the leaves were drooping, my heart sank, I cry now! :nervous-guy:Yeah I’m telling ya, I don’t mess up too often but when I do it’s usually pretty huge why would this be any different smh. What conquenses for the harvest can I expect? :reading420magazine:

Oh no I think my timing is all off!! I started flower after 24 hours in 12/22. I just read where someone said to start, 2 weeks after veg?

What conquenses for the harvest can I expect?
You can't expect any consequences because you don't have a control plant to measure against! But in all likelihood you might have had a slightly bigger harvest if you hadn't let them dry out as severely.

Everything we do for our plants is the best we can. No one knows if they have maximized their harvest, as not even clones are identical plants at harvest time. Would it have been better if it was 3º cooler at night, 4% less humid, etc.?

We just learn from our mistakes and do better with every grow.
I started flower after 24 hours in 12/22. I just read where someone said to start, 2 weeks after veg?
I'm not sure I understand that sentence. "after 24 hours in 12/22"? Start what 2 weeks after veg?

Do you mean when to start counting flower days? You can either count from flip, count from pistils, or count both. I just count from flip, but some folks like to keep track of how long after flip they first see pistils.

You can't expect any consequences because you don't have a control plant to measure against! But in all likelihood you might have had a slightly bigger harvest if you hadn't let them dry out as severely.

Everything we do for our plants is the best we can. No one knows if they have maximized their harvest, as not even clones are identical plants at harvest time. Would it have been better if it was 3º cooler at night, 4% less humid, etc.?

We just learn from our mistakes and do better with every grow.

I'm not sure I understand that sentence. "after 24 hours in 12/22"? Start what 2 weeks after veg?

Do you mean when to start counting flower days? You can either count from flip, count from pistils, or count both. I just count from flip, but some folks like to keep track of how long after flip they first see pistils.
Lol sorry about that! Yes, that’s exactly what I mean. I heard to start counting 2 weeks from flip or first sight of pistils. I started counting 24 hours after I flipped to 12/12. I’ve decided to add 2 weeks instead of calling my plants 2 weeks younger, if that even makes sense. I totally get what you mean when you say we can only learn from each grow and that’s what I love bc now with the clones I have something to compare. Even if I may end up with only 2 of the 5 clones. :morenutes:

Oh no I think my timing is all off!! I started flower after 24 hours in 12/22. I just read where someone said to start, 2 weeks after veg?
I meant to say I read that in order to start counting days in flower you start 2 weeks after flower not veg! I started counting 24hrs after flipping to 12/12 flower schedule.

Pictures update bc everything has stayed the same nothing has changed besides their size! Pictures are taken with a digital microscope. I would like the microscope to have gotten a lot more closer and detailed but these are really beautiful pictures, I must say I am impressed!! :circle-of-love:

1st pic is the sativa hybrid dominate (future) and the 2nd is the indica hybrid dominate (Purple Girl Scout Cookies). :green_heart:

DABE9B28-7CE6-4114-884B-56052676A659.jpeg

2B5BF736-5E39-4F68-93C7-D37FA246645F.jpeg

Whatever works for you, as long as you're clear to when you post it here! Breeders count from flip when referring to flower days as far as I know.

The day after your plants get their first 12 hours of dark is flip day 1.
Ok, so would I stick to the 9 weeks in flower?

Those pics are nice but they're of the sugar leaves, and when you are trying to figure out when to harvest you want to be able to see the trichomes on the buds/calyxes.

Ok, so would I stick to the 9 weeks in flower?
Breeder flowering times are merely serving suggestions. Every grow is different, which is why we keep an eye on the trichomes.

When the plant starts drinking less is a good time to start checking the calyxes!

So we are at the beginning of week 8 today. Should i stop giving them nutes? Last feed was 3 days ago which was the last watering. I Gave them another watering today so next water will be feeding time. Everything I’ve read pretty much says to stop feeding now And start to flush but then I’m reading not to flush. So to flush or not to flush that is the question? The buds are so beautiful but not as big as I’m pretty sure they should be. Which tells me I still have a lot to learn!

86EC155A-01B4-4565-9B7D-4C4D84E5D381.jpeg

848CAE2A-77C0-4110-952D-99AFE5C70728.jpeg

Good morning to all my fellow beautiful growers! It sure is a really beautiful and super hot day again here in my neck of the woods! Here are some pics at 7x’s zoomed in. Can we tell if the trichomes are looking milky or amber yet? We are 57 days (8wks) into flowering today. I will keep feeding fox farm nutes (big bloom,tiger blood) up until harvest coming real soon it seems. I’m thinking no more than 2-3 weeks at the minimum but I really don’t know. Any suggestions on what I’m going to need for harvest?Like what worked for you and what didn’t work. I’ll need to purchase just about everything, so I better get started. I wanted to get everything I needed in steps bc I didn’t want to overwhelm myself but mostly my bank account lol

ps. Sorry for posting so many pics at once, I just can’t help myself. I love them all and can never decide between just 2 or 3 :p

7D167546-99C2-4D56-B206-A23047E7367F.jpeg

22446C5A-0642-4257-AB27-E4BDFA2A7FED.jpeg

A356DE4A-BCFA-462F-BF8D-249FA8A22A1B.jpeg

8994E351-5A05-42A7-8452-C82097986010.jpeg

0A1266E1-2F17-4543-B284-1A92E8AC2089.jpeg

33137C5C-B902-4E81-A14B-53BE48DACA54.jpeg

The digital zoom makes it hard to tell cloudy from clear, but I don't see anything that looks like amber so I'm guessing you have plenty of time left.

For harvest you'll need a good trimming scissors (there are loads on Amazon or at your local hydro shop), and you'll need to decide if you're going to wash your flowers at harvest. A lot of folks do, especially if you have pets, have sprayed the plants with anything, or even just find yourself needing to dust the house! All of that comes off in the wash, and washing helps the buds dry more evenly.

Here is a good video tutorial on bud washing.

You will also need to decide how/where you're going to dry them. Have you looked up various drying techniques like hang-dry or low and slow?

The digital zoom makes it hard to tell cloudy from clear, but I don't see anything that looks like amber so I'm guessing you have plenty of time left.

For harvest you'll need a good trimming scissors (there are loads on Amazon or at your local hydro shop), and you'll need to decide if you're going to wash your flowers at harvest. A lot of folks do, especially if you have pets, have sprayed the plants with anything, or even just find yourself needing to dust the house! All of that comes off in the wash, and washing helps the buds dry more evenly.

You will also need to decide how/where you're going to dry them. Have you looked up various drying techniques like hang-dry or low and slow?
I second the bud washing. I washed for the first time on my 2nd plant and its amazing how much crap was floating at the top of the water. I think I am possibly the worst bud trimmer in the world, so I decided to buy a little gimmick called the Cannabrush. I'm sure it wont be anywhere close to what you can get with trimmers, but it was worth a shot and if it works I'm gonna be thrilled

Looks like I’ve got some homework to do, thanks so much! yeah I’m definitely going to wash the buds bc I do have 2 dogs. As for drying, I was thinking I would use the tent they are in rn since my clones won’t be needing it anytime soon right now I do have 2 grow tents one 2x2 and 1 3x3. I can actually use any 1 of the 2 tents, which will more than likely be the 3x3. I’m watching videos now on how to wash, trim, cure and store cannabis, going down the rabbit tunnel of cannabis DIY lol….. keep it growin!!! :snowboating: Out!

I second the bud washing. I washed for the first time on my 2nd plant and its amazing how much crap was floating at the top of the water. I think I am possibly the worst bud trimmer in the world, so I decided to buy a little gimmick called the Cannabrush. I'm sure it wont be anywhere close to what you can get with trimmers, but it was worth a shot and if it works I'm gonna be thrilled
I will definitely be washing my flowers! Oh no lol that’s what I keep hearing or reading actually. Everyone is saying how awful trimming is but I actually like doing things like that. I feel like it will give me time to inspect the flower bud a lil better and have some type of calming affect on me when doing so (I’m just weird like that!). Not to mention the state of awe I’m sure I’ll be in and mesmerized over every single flower I trim. I’m sure it will wear off on me over time and then become so annoying but just not right now. I also plan on doing this with as much help from gimmicky tools as possible, that’s what makes it so fun, in my mind lol (my very childish mind) :snowboating:

Ok it’s official we are 9 weeks today :p
And the girls are looking mighty fine! I believe I now see some amber and im
Wondering how I should do this, should I harvest bit by bit or the whole plant? I cut off a side branch from all 3. I dried them in my closet and then placed them into mason jars, no rhyme or reason just wanted a taste. and wow I can just imagine how good they will taste and smoke when I follow the process. bc it wasn’t unpleasant at all! I’m beyond stoked atm Here are some pictures as per usual :snowboating:

9AC458DE-BEB4-4917-928A-867441E15206.jpeg

973BD4BA-CEBC-400C-A7F2-71DE80163911.jpeg

5A9FE5D8-D5E3-4279-BB4E-12128DC5C38D.jpeg

050D49D6-E2F4-47D7-808D-12B161487F7A.jpeg

***9wks***These ladies are Super sticky and have a very, very strong odor it’s insane!! Tbh I am terrified of ruining them by not being able to harvest, dry and cure them correctly but I’ll definitely be giving it my best shot! (Jewelers loupe will be here tomorrow) 1st pic is my sativa dominate Future, which I still haven’t heard of but she sure is impressive looking and the flowers are super dense and pretty big. The other 2 are the purple girl scout cookies which are also pretty dense but not as big. I’ll definitely be giving my girls a nice bath, bc they are going to need it!

DF46A764-833F-4D6B-B2FD-46881B64F185.jpeg

D67557CB-CF0E-47AF-A2E1-45D047F8CF80.jpeg

92D419FA-6257-4843-9F0C-216396DE79D2.jpeg

The leaves are all still so green, I’ve been expecting them to be changing color and start dying by now. I mean it is the 9th week of flower and all!?

AB708205-8D1D-4F59-B21B-BD522F817613.jpeg

Your plants are all looking good and have a very healthy appearance, but from what I see they look to have a good ways to go before harvest. Lots of white pistols still growing and I’m sure they are still drinking plenty of water. Your new jewelers loop when it arrives will help you see the trichomes a little better.

Back
Top Bottom