420 Soil Purple Girl Scout Cookies Clone Hybrid Indica Dominant 2021

With that light only being 100 watts you should be on 100% the whole time. I put 100 watts on seedlings. Keep up the awesome learning experience. Thanks for journaling =)
Hey HunterNitro, thanks for stopping by!! So do you think I should add another 100w light? I’ll only be flowering 4 plants at a time in a 3x3. I was going to purchase another one until someone told me I was already blasting them w the light I have. So now I’m just a lil confused lol this seems to keep happening to me, I think I better just go ahead and stick to my big brothers and sisters here at 420 magazine bc all the advice I’ve been given here seems to work perfectly and everyone is so helpful and super nice! :)

Everything looks good but i would add it in. I always add cal/mag to my supplements on feed day. Especially with LED.

I see where you are asking a lot about lights and buying more so I will give you a little tip that will get you where you need to be. Always check your wattage on lights, I will give you an example to give you a good estimate for your grows. The goal for most growers is 1 gram of bud for 1 watt of light used. So you have a 100 watt light in your tent so you could get around 100 grams of bud from your plants if everything goes good, TOTAL between all plants. This measurement is the same if you have one plant or 6 plants in your tent the ending weight will usually always be close to the wattage you are using. You can only get what your light will output no matter how many plants you have under it. To answer your question, yes you most defiantly need more light than 100 watts under that many plants. I use a 600 watt HPS under two plants but I also grow monster plants/colas. Just remember more wattage = more power, heat, watering sooner, and..... of course, more bud =)

Should I be adding cal-mag if I don’t see any deficiencies or epsom salt maybe?

3F6271AE-1A7A-49CA-9E33-199DE8C07BA5.jpeg
Do you see what I see (lil crystals)!!!?? Wow I cannot believe I’ve gotten this far, I’m super stoked and so proud of my lil ladies even if my canopy is all over the place lol at least now I know what to do next time so the canopy stays the same height

26186F4E-4A74-4911-A29B-AAF3A956CBBE.jpeg

we are back on a water schedule
It's a better idea to water when the plants need it rather than on a fixed schedule, unless you're on an auto-watering system. Tip the pots back and water when they feel light. In flower, don't let your leaves droop!
Hey guys how’s it growin? Lol so I was wondering what % I should have my SF1000 rn it’s at 85% and it’s the 18th day of flower, should I be at 100% already or….??
Is that a Spider Farms SF1000? I'd say you should be at 100% for sure, and when you move to a bigger tent you will certainly need more light.
Should I be adding cal-mag if I don’t see any deficiencies or epsom salt maybe?
No. If your plant looks happy you can't make it happier by adding stuff. Plants that aren't showing deficiencies don't need more of anything. :)
So do you think I should add another 100w light?
If you add another 100 watts in there I suggest you bring it online very slowly over a week to 10 days. Otherwise you're doing more damage than good. Plants that get a big bump in light often do start to show deficiencies.

Hey ITS, Ok, got it! So basically leave them alone, yeah I can do that! And I see where you say not to keep a water schedule bc I was thinking I’d have to water tomorrow which would be the 4th day. But I just tipped them and they are still pretty heavy so looks like maybe Sunday or Monday now. But I’ll definitely check them first! I’m so glad I decided to journal so I can reference back anytime. Thanks so much for all your time and advice!! I won’t be adding a light or cal mag, I just want to get thru this grow some what successfully and I still have a lot to learn about when to harvest and all that jazz so yeah I’m l just gonna light a j and chill tf out, for now lol Thanks again ITS!! :)

update***** question of the day****
So it’s day 20 into flower…. I’m just wondering if the nodes look close enough and if I should keep pruning or taking leaves that block bud sites or just leave them be at this point? I was also hoping my sativa in the back is done stretching (for the most part) bc she’s so tall rn I’ll have to raise the light even higher and it’s already at the highest this level the straps will take it. Smh other than that everything has been growing great!

8718029D-631F-4B15-A6AB-7B06C006105F.jpeg

C11AA189-515E-4C27-83BC-89FBA22EE121.jpeg

E883D995-A1FB-4E67-ADB7-9039EAB38CDE.jpeg

0E12882D-4AE8-4781-B2EF-69B5E8F2B115.jpeg

It's a better idea to water when the plants need it rather than on a fixed schedule, unless you're on an auto-watering system. Tip the pots back and water when they feel light. In flower, don't let your leaves droop!

Is that a Spider Farms SF1000? I'd say you should be at 100% for sure, and when you move to a bigger tent you will certainly need more light.

No. If your plant looks happy you can't make it happier by adding stuff. Plants that aren't showing deficiencies don't need more of anything. :)

If you add another 100 watts in there I suggest you bring it online very slowly over a week to 10 days. Otherwise you're doing more damage than good. Plants that get a big bump in light often do start to show deficiencies.
I wanted to replace the light with this… and put the sf1000w in the veg tent. But now I think I’ll just wait until next grow at this point bc I will not risk hurting my babies! What are your thoughts on this particular light, if any?

96DE4366-51E5-4C17-9C10-EE70FB1843F1.png

Haha yeah dont be a dummy like me and upgrade the light and throw the ladies under at 100% right away. I thought I was gonna have a heart attack. Had to dim mine down to 60% and gradually work my way up to get them back to health

Oh nooo, ok I won’t be adding a light this round I think I’ll just stick w what I’ve got since the ladies are doing ok. The only reason I keep asking if I should add this or add that is bc I see other plants that are the same age as mine and are huge like way bigger than mine so I felt like I wasn’t doing something or could do more. But I think ITS pretty much set me straight, thank god! I’m a Libra what can I say lol I just wish I would have understood more on how to LST bc that seems to be my biggest struggle and why my canopy is all over. And also how to top or fim correctly and make the plants grow to how I want them and not so wild lol which I’m pretty sure is do to me not topping or fiming in the right places. So yeah still learning and growing nothing can stop me! :)

Oh nooo, ok I won’t be adding a light this round I think I’ll just stick w what I’ve got since the ladies are doing ok. The only reason I keep asking if I should add this or add that is bc I see other plants that are the same age as mine and are huge like way bigger than mine so I felt like I wasn’t doing something or could do more. But I think ITS pretty much set me straight, thank god! I’m a Libra what can I say lol I just wish I would have understood more on how to LST bc that seems to be my biggest struggle and why my canopy is all over. And also how to top or fim correctly and make the plants grow to how I want them and not so wild lol which I’m pretty sure is do to me not topping or fiming in the right places. So yeah still learning and growing nothing can stop me! :)
yeah I did the same when I was growing my first one and I grew an 8 inch tall plant hahaha. Honestly I'm not sure how I made it though my first grow with my anxiety, I was second guessing everything. My second grow is 4 times bigger and I learned so much and I'm just so much more relaxed doing it. And I'm a Taurus so I do something wrong and even though I know its wrong I'm too stubborn to admit it and it takes me awhile to correct it.

So it’s day 20 into flower…. I’m just wondering if the nodes look close enough and if I should keep pruning or taking leaves that block bud sites or just leave them be at this point? I was also hoping my sativa in the back is done stretching (for the most part) bc she’s so tall rn I’ll have to raise the light even higher and it’s already at the highest this level the straps will take it. Smh other than that everything has been growing great!
Sorry, on the road this weekend!

Don't prune or take any more leaves. At this point the plant needs all the leaves it can get, and without them it can't grow the buds. Leaves are all the plant has to perform photosynthesis to make it grow.

If you run out of headroom you can always lean the tallest branches down a bit (just lean, no need to bend or snap) to keep them away from the light. Just take some string and tie the tops to a low point on the opposite side of the tent. You have plenty of room so no worries about blocking other branches.

Update pictures @ day 23 flower (12/12) and growing strong, I am beyond stoked at the moment and the smell is pretty awesome! I don’t have words atm so pic’s will have to do…well actually maybe a few words lol… pistils, trichomes, cannabinoid oh my!!

4D5A3AB3-B366-4D2A-B27E-3A9EF56154CE.jpeg

6EF99043-22B2-4810-ABFE-39891F29B0C2.jpeg

DD6C49D2-B473-4B51-9A02-8426E2902187.jpeg

6A2EA62E-71AD-45DB-93AE-C699DE71EF18.jpeg

43C2D0F1-11A5-4BD5-B1C9-304E999CBDE8.jpeg

493EB6F6-CEA8-4C7A-B607-E28C8A75ABFD.jpeg

9788D037-1F99-42D2-BBB9-317B9C236054.jpeg

C4018DB6-529F-41D3-B07B-6AE6B62E8555.jpeg

Your plants are starting to reward you now. They have nice color and are looking very happy. They sure did take off on you.
You may want to start getting some bamboo poles ready because it won’t be long before they will need some help standing when those buds start filling out.

Hey Nev, yeah for sure. I’m totally getting some bamboo sticks and more than likely some type of YOYO. I’ve actually been looking on Amazon but haven’t found the “perfect” one and not sure of the height for the bamboo sticks that I should get and was actually why I was wondering if they were done stretching by now. I must be the most indecisive person I know, yikes lol :passitleft:

The info given to me when I purchased 2 of 3 clones that are now flowering and I was able to get 3 clones from the 2 PGSC

image.jpg

*****Update pics***** @week 4, 31 days. Looking like we’ve got some amber color coming in. Everything just growing away, keeping the temp between 75-80fh and 50%rh give or take. Why are some of the stems on the fan leaves like a maroon almost red color (not all)? Is this some kind of deficiency?

AEC8A8AA-62F1-4CFD-BB1F-0830EF90EA48.jpeg

B5163D4E-C2B5-4FB1-9319-DBEC0866EAB0.jpeg

FF7F12C9-36A8-45BD-84A6-4934C125D633.jpeg

DC792FD3-2E1B-47DF-A524-850FC1FD8C97.jpeg

3ADC4680-E9AC-4789-A5FC-AD2E3EEB6C1F.jpeg

A7420CEE-878D-4EA0-A505-F15F0F377527.jpeg

159A0301-0F99-4CFF-B578-E341F94D0DA1.jpeg

CD5C807E-9726-48F0-AEF0-96D14B6CA8C0.jpeg

BF2C4570-3739-4343-BDCF-B3EF52234156.jpeg

07BEC00E-0AF5-4872-ABE0-1897EEDC9709.jpeg

I can’t help but want to give them more, like more nutrients or molasses idk something to make them much more muchier!! :reading420magazine:

Looking like we’ve got some amber color coming in
Do you mean the orange pistils? Those aren't too much of a true ripening sign compared to amber trichomes. It's just what happens as the flowers age.
Why are some of the stems on the fan leaves like a maroon almost red color (not all)? Is this some kind of deficiency?
It can be a deficiency or genetics, but with the color of your leaves looking so good it's probably genetic.
I can’t help but want to give them more, like more nutrients or molasses idk something to make them much more muchier!!
They look healthy as can be, so carry on with what you're doing! You can't force a plant to take in more than it needs, and molasses doesn't help plants at all (except to jump start a living organic soil grow). Save it for baking!

Back
Top Bottom