420 Soil Purple Girl Scout Cookies Clone Hybrid Indica Dominant 2021

Ok here are the girls today all tied down, I’ll take cuttings from them tomorrow and yeah I kept thinking in the earlier stages of veg if I should bend them over or not, I just couldn’t make up my mind bc I started mixing all the info I’ve gathered instead of sticking to one method. I’m surprised I’ve made it this far in fact lol it’s just so exciting, I can’t help but want to try everything I’ve learned on my girls and I’m going to regret it I’m sure but it’s all good! :passitleft:The 2 indica dominate (pgsc) are almost identical but my Sally the sativa dominate (future) is the eldest of the bunch but isn’t much bigger that’s bc I just know I stunted her by keeping her under a T8 light for too long and transplanting her into a 5 gallon fabric pot right from jump like the day I brought her home :oops: Although i am only using about 2.5 maybe 3 of the 5 gallon pot. She also looks so different compared to the other 2. She has these 2 horn like branches I was able to bend one and tie the other one down but she still looks lengthy. when I bought the other 2 pgsc, I kept them in their small pots for about 2 weeks then transplanted them into 3 gallon fab pot. Once I got them into their tent and under a proper led light well they all just took off, so it’s been a real learning experience for me to say the least this first time around and I absolutely fell in love, I really have! Thanks to everyone here that has helped me by answering all my questions bc I still have a lot more:green_heart:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Yes it will work. It’s not the strongest penetrating light but it will work. Keep the light low and as close to the plants as possible without it burning them.

I would get your cuttings and then try to get the tallest branches bent over pretty good an tie them down. I try to start my LST fairly early in their veg stage and work them pretty much daily.
Your girls are looking happy and healthy. Your doing great. :morenutes:
Thanks Nev, I’ve decided to go a head and purchase another led light not sure if I’ll stick w SF or try something diff. Do you have a journal on lst or something I can follow, I’m curious on what you do exactly by working them daily. :passitleft:

Excellent job getting them tied down. Looks good.
I’ve found Shed to be very helpful and his tutorial.

****UPDATE****

Tomorrow is the big day we are flipping to flower! The sativa hybrid is 9wks veg, the 2 indica hybrids are 6wks veg. They have gotten so big since we moved into the 3x3 x 72 aci, they really do love it. I’m also upgrading the sf 1000 led light to double, so I guess 2000 not sure which brand or if I’ll stick to SF. I kind of really want a MH. I have also switched from watering every 7 days to every 5 days. And feeding every other water. I just got a lil confused on weather or not I should be feeding on a separate day from watering day? I will also be purchasing some more nutes, I’m only using FF big grow & FF big bloom. I’ve heard a lot about molasses and kelp. There is just so much I’d like to try but in time, like composting and making them a tea, so much more! so yeah I’m just growing and learning away over here and I love it! :reading420magazine:

7CCE4686-4E81-475A-8BBC-E59E6DF8BE47.jpeg

2CB6DBE4-2BEC-4BA2-B61C-378BBAE3FBDA.jpeg

CA885037-84BB-4819-B303-C90F65C76FA0.jpeg

139B71AF-3C7B-439F-9D4D-AE26557C89D7.jpeg

****update***
Girls are 6 days flower @ 9th week 12/12
Led sf1000 is at 80% should I be increasing by 5% a day until I get to 100% if so how from the canopy should the light be?

6A622274-510D-4B3B-8CF8-694B9B4B693A.jpeg

22EBF29D-6127-4B4D-8F2B-19E3DAAF3AA7.jpeg

FEDA60B3-E87D-4395-8CE8-6AEABEF7D7D4.jpeg

4436F2F0-AE75-46B2-8E54-D191DE77437A.jpeg

27025E4B-9F42-4A99-8175-80053EEE8791.jpeg

Congratulations on the flip @420giirl your plants are sure looking nice and healthy. Their getting good and tall so your most likely going to need some good support for the branches when they start throwing on some weight. They are going to start stretching taller fast now.

As for your light I would definitely be gradually moving up the power to get it to 100%. For your best light placement it is widely suggested you use a Lux light meter to get proper readings for the distance from light to canopy. Though a good general rule of thumb is have your light around 18”-20” from the canopy.

Keep up the good work your doing great!

****update***
Girls are 6 days flower @ 9th week 12/12
Led sf1000 is at 80% should I be increasing by 5% a day until I get to 100% if so how from the canopy should the light be?

6A622274-510D-4B3B-8CF8-694B9B4B693A.jpeg

22EBF29D-6127-4B4D-8F2B-19E3DAAF3AA7.jpeg

FEDA60B3-E87D-4395-8CE8-6AEABEF7D7D4.jpeg

4436F2F0-AE75-46B2-8E54-D191DE77437A.jpeg

27025E4B-9F42-4A99-8175-80053EEE8791.jpeg
Looking great.

I might also suggest you try a little LST on some of the taller branches to maybe even out your canopy. You want to get them bent before they get to hard in the flower stage.
Nev, I’ve tried several times to bend them over but I either snap her or she pops right back up so I just added a net to the tent. I’ll have to watch a couple more tutorials bc I am stressing a bit I’ll have to admit! SMH

I’ve also cloned the girls. I decided take 3 from each plant so I have 8 bc 1 didn’t make it! and 5 have roots sticking out. I cloned them 13 days ago. I haven’t removed the dome completely but both vents are completely opened. I started them in peat moss using clonex. I stated a grow journal but was unable to paste the link in my signature so here are some pictures...

15E740BD-70CE-4F0C-8A4C-F2D56577E4D7.jpeg

6A423794-175B-45A9-AC9E-E9293B2C3435.jpeg

Nice on your Journal and your signature seems to be in place and working now.

Your cuttings are looking very good, and now you‘ve got roots!!! :bravo:

I’ve tried several times to bend them over but I either snap her or she pops right back up
Now that your plants are pretty tall are you trying to bend them over to low on the stalk? Maybe try a more gentle bend and work it down slowly over a few days. Also use a pipe cleaner or garden wire to hold the limb down. Attach it to a clip on the side of your pot. That should keep it down for you.

Your doing very well and good things are going to happen for you here. Keep studying.

Ok, I tried again and this is what it’s looking like gosh I feel so heavy handed, so I pinched some of the taller stems and it was a lot easier this time except I pinched too hard on the first one is sprayed clear liquid at me lol idk I think I should band aid this one? Idk is this how they should look or did I pinch her too much? I also added a scrog net but don’t think I’m using it correctly idk I saw where each top had a square, then I saw where someone had them all bent under the net so idk

image.jpg

image.jpg

My sativa is in the back and she is getting soooo long! Omg now she looks 3wks older than the other 2!

image.jpg

I do not like this net, I’m positive I’m not using it correctly!!! I really should have done some LST in the beginning of veg! Luckily I already have round 2 under way so I can do everything I didn’t do here on my first grow. Lol

Nev, I’ve tried several times to bend them over but I either snap her or she pops right back up so I just added a net to the tent. I’ll have to watch a couple more tutorials bc I am stressing a bit I’ll have to admit! SMH
You can use some bamboo or other type of stakes and tie the taller branches to the stakes and just angle them out as much as they will go to get them even with your canopy! You are a natural green thumb!! Plants look awesome!!

they're looking great. I too have a heavy hand with lst, my 2nd widow lost its main stem and my 3rd was taped and barely survived. The bend looks fine, It will do the job

the most important thing I notice when looking at these plants is that they look healthy. The leaves are dark green and I can't see any deficiencies. My leaves are a mess, one is a shade lighter than the other with some brown calcium spots and the other has some rust spots. My next grow I am changing a lot of things to try and prevent the issues I had

Oh no! I’m sorry about the top on your sativa. It looks like your trying to do 90 bends and not smooth rounded arcs for your LST. And maybe a little to high up. Your trying really hard let’s get you some good help in here.
@InTheShed if you could please take on another understudy your assistance would be greatly appreciate it.
:green_heart:

Oh no! I’m sorry about the top on your sativa. It looks like your trying to do 90 bends and not smooth rounded arcs for your LST. And maybe a little to high up. Your trying really hard let’s get you some good help in here.
@InTheShed if you could please take on another understudy your assistance would be greatly appreciate it.
Thanks for the shout Nev!

I think that supercropping is exactly the training needed for those tall branches, though I would have bent them much closer to the level of the net and laid them on it for support. Ideally the bend should sit at pretty close to 90º.

*****update*****Watering****
So the girls went from every 7 days to every 4 days. I watered again last night after only watering Sunday. so from Sunday to Thursday, it’s been like this the last couple weeks their water day was coming a day earlier. I wasn’t expecting to water until at least Saturday. it really jumped since I flipped to 12/12. 7 days today, I didn’t do the 36 hours dark. Should I have??? I can always try next grow! Anyways have a window day my fellow growers I’m headed into the salon for a relaxing day of facials :)

Back
Top Bottom