Clones In Soil: Hybrid Perpetual Grow 2021/2022

Hi Trala, Yes, please send me the link to the treatment! You’re absolutely right it was very minor and only on a couple tops. I’m so happy i found it sooner than later bc I did start to panic, So I went ahead and did just that, not panic! but cut the mold out, well not before reading about what it could be first. I also washed the buds real good with lemon and baking soda. I had already took out the 2 plants and wiped down the tent with Clorox and sprayed with Lysol lol
Thank GOD I am already at the end of bloom or else I’m sure it probably would have been a total loss, just as @Bill284 mentioned above. Thankfully I don’t see anything on the other 3 plants, I keep checking on them trying to keeping a close eye for sure now, bc omg this sucks big time!!!

Dayum that's awful! I don't think it's botrytis specifically but it's definitely toss-that-in-the-green-bin-and-clean-the-(well ventilated) tent-with-bleach mold.

Clean the fans and the light as well.

:sorry:
Hey there shed! I know right, what a bummer! Oh well, I’m still out here living and learning. Ok, I’ll make sure to give it one more very thorough cleaning before the next batch of plants are ready to use the tent. Trala mentioned a treatment you have, will you please send it to me when you get the chance? :Namaste:

Hey there shed! I know right, what a bummer! Oh well, I’m still out here living and learning. Ok, I’ll make sure to give it one more very thorough cleaning before the next batch of plants are ready to use the tent. Trala mentioned a treatment you have, will you please send it to me when you get the chance? :Namaste:
I have a treatment for powdery mildew. I'm not aware of anything that turns moldy bud safe to consume. Spores are microscopic and depending on the type, can survive some pretty high heat in attempts to kill them.

Without having a lab analyze the type of mold that is and make recommendations, you need to chuck it all. I had to toss this entire harvest after discovering mold. It was 10.5 ounces of garbage in the end:
full

Looked like yours:
2021_08_14_10_55_48_585-jpg.2400219

I inspect my girls daily coz I live in an area that has notoriously high humidity in Summer. If I see mould or boritis or what ever it’s called, I don’t throw the whole plant out, I just cut out the areas that look suss. Like spider mites, once you know what you’re looking for you can spot it really early. The secret is vigilance. Well I think it is.

I treat plant mould like cheese mould. Cut away the affected cheese just a bit further than the mould growth. Then give her a good wash in the citrus mix, your plant not your cheese. With the cheese grab some crackers, and pour a wine ;)

Thankfully I’m now in a mould free grow zone.

I have a treatment for powdery mildew. I'm not aware of anything that turns moldy bud safe to consume. Spores are microscopic and depending on the type, can survive some pretty high heat in attempts to kill them.

Without having a lab analyze the type of mold that is and make recommendations, you need to chuck it all. I had to toss this entire harvest after discovering mold. It was 10.5 ounces of garbage in the end:
full

Looked like yours:
2021_08_14_10_55_48_585-jpg.2400219
Okay yeah, it does look exactly the same. I was thinking the treatment would stop the spread or kill the mold itself. I’ve already cut out the mold as @Trala suggested. I definitely wouldn’t want to consume any kind of mold treated or not bud lol Oh man I’m sorry, that does totally suck to have to dump it, but I get it sometimes ya just gotta do, whatcha ya gotta do! :snowboating:
I inspect my girls daily coz I live in an area that has notoriously high humidity in Summer. If I see mould or boritis or what ever it’s called, I don’t throw the whole plant out, I just cut out the areas that look suss. Like spider mites, once you know what you’re looking for you can spot it really early. The secret is vigilance. Well I think it is.

I treat plant mould like cheese mould. Cut away the affected cheese just a bit further than the mould growth. Then give her a good wash in the citrus mix, your plant not your cheese. With the cheese grab some crackers, and pour a wine ;)

Thankfully I’m now in a mould free grow zone.
Hey girl, hey!! Thankfully we live in a very dry climate, like I barley even know what humidity is lol although I wasn’t surprised when I found it bc the humidity was really, really high at night when I closed up the vents that water was dripping down the sides of the tent walls. I thought to myself, oh nooo, mold might start to grow. At first glance I was like wow they really packed on the trichomes, but why does it seem to only be in one area, that’s when I took a closer look and Low and behold I found mold omg
:eek:
but it’s all gone now, I haven’t seen anything on the other three plants that were in the same tent as the 2 plants with mold. They’re still finishing up atm, so :woohoo: that was a close one!

Thanks guys for all your input, as per always! :thanks:

Here is a picture clone update. They looking a lil crazy right now, hence the word “monster” in “monster” cropping lol but otherwise they’re doing just fine atm anyways…..
:Rasta:
7E5862EE-39A3-4EC6-8889-9029B322A77F.jpeg

Momma’s lil monsters :love:
15BCF63D-66CE-45A5-ABF1-FB15D2284129.jpeg

Doing a lil LST on my lil monster, Hood Candyz. :slide:
47034E5D-730B-4C83-8AED-9C1C471A01DA.jpeg

Took another 2 clones from Godfather OG bc only 3 of the 4 I took rooted for me in perlite. :cheer:
C32A5531-0B7C-4C8B-9295-BC95BE42AF12.jpeg

She absolutely needed to be bent over, (LST) she was getting way too leggy for me and our space. :morenutes:
6D8086DC-116A-42A9-AF27-9278211EAC4E.jpeg

Clones just loving the new MH (60w) light. This one isn’t dimmable so that sucks, guess I assumed it did. Oh well, it will be fine. :eye-roll:

Keep a close eye on the other three during drying and burping as mold spores spread easily. Mine were fine at harvest after washing and trimming, but 6 days of hanging later and boom...trash!
Oh wow, ok will do!

That’s all folks, for this batch anyway! All three plants will come down tomorrow @ 14 in a half weeks. Geeeze
3C62E108-F31D-404C-8FF0-3999767120E4.jpeg

Tomorrow is the big day!
All three plants made it to the finish with no mold, thank God!
CF5481F3-4A06-4FF4-8EA9-0E00132CF681.png

This is Sandia Sangria.

Here we go again y’all, round five here we come…. 2nd time using a scrog net and I’m not sure if I’m weaving the branches correctly through the the net to where it actually benefits them. We shall real soon see. Lol

This grow has three godfather OG clones and one Hood Candyz monster clone.
I’m still using fox farm happy frog and @Prescription Blend nutrients.
I haven’t feed them since I up potted them into their 3 gallon pots. I’ll start on their next watering. I was afraid of over feeding them since they look so healthy as is. I’m a little spooked from my last grow, bc they started showing all kinds of deficiencies, pretty much from jump. Compared to this current grow where they look really healthy, without a care in the world. Sor far, so good!
17012687-1448-4CA2-A1A8-A222436EB214.jpeg

I have the net pretty much on top of the canopy, holding down all the branches.
64EA5626-5A3C-4A7B-B06D-615676E21C90.jpeg

Scrog net is filling out real nice. Hopefully I’ll be ready to flip in about 2 weeks or less, making this my shortest Veg yet. I’m trying to get my veg and flower time in check. I tend to run super long in Veg but now I’m starting to understand a lot better as to why I’m doing what I’m doing and the outcome from doing so. For some reason I don’t understand what im doing, unless I know the why first. I guess that’s pretty “normal”.
B3E5D72D-C5B5-4D4E-825F-1062753BD584.jpeg

This was the first time I watered in 12 days, making me real nervous but they’re just thriving away. I’ve been making sure the humidity stays in check, so I won’t have any mold issues this round.

Looks great! Just try to keep all new growth under the net and pointing toward an open square. Once you fill the squares, wait about a week and then flip!
Thanks shed! They’ve really responded to training with a scrog net like a dream. The last grow really gave me a run. And here we are again. All squares have been filled for a week now, so I will flip tomorrow to 12/12. I also did some defoliation but not a lot. I’ll clean up the bottom of the net tomorrow but I’ll wait to take clones until about 2 weeks after I flip. when I defoliate should I take the branches that have more than one in a square, is it ok to have 2 in one square. Or do I need to wait until I add the second net?
I also wanted to ask if you knew of a journal I could read or follow about scrog net technique? Every time I have a question I tend to “google it” and I’m kinda over getting 10 thousand different answers every time lol
You go get that sea of green, ladybird!

❤️♥️❤️
Thanks Trala! :passitleft:

Here we are again, this round is 3 Godfather OG and one Hood Candyz.
We flip to 12/12 light schedule aka bloom tomorrow.

77BEDCED-8F57-4FB3-9829-0CC60855FD17.jpeg

:ganjamon:
25215C63-F0EB-405A-AE45-B3A578D1BF26.jpeg

:Rasta:I’ll be defoliating everything under the net tomorrow.
BBE9369E-DC39-4B77-B5C6-59167409372E.jpeg

:hippy: Tucking and weaving.

when I defoliate should I take the branches that have more than one in a square, is it ok to have 2 in one square. Or do I need to wait until I add the second net?
Leave everything that has reached the canopy no matter how many branches are in a square, and you might consider pushing up a few of the lower branches to the top (you can tie them to the net). There seem to be some solid ones that look like they're worth keeping.
I’ll be defoliating everything under the net tomorrow.
I would wait until after stretch at this point. It looks pretty clean already and I think you're better off waiting to see how it grows.

Hola mi amigos, ey amigas all around the 🌍🌎🌏 I hope everyone is doing well and staying safe as well as sane!:rollit:

On that note, I’ll definitely be switching out these lights I’ve been vegging under to the mars hydro fc e3000, sometime this weekend. I’m really trying to redeem myself from my last couple of grows. I definitely wasn’t practicing what I’ve learned over the past year and a half. And ran into a few obstacles as a result but thankfully my babies are already looking good, so far, so good! I stared to see the same deficiencies as their mothers, so I gave them some cal-mag with the first feeding and they loved it, they’re definitely hungry lil buggers. Hood candyz (the monster clone) is trucking right a long as per usual, it’s godfather og I have to keep an eye on. Speaking of, I’m also watching HCz bc I thinks she is actually Sandia sangria in disguise 🥸 I may have mixed them up when I cloned them. I mean she is reminding me more of SS, than HCz, so I shall soon find out.
571867E1-DE67-4BDD-8B79-9E6E7FDAB9CE.jpeg

I don’t ever remember my plants greeting the light first thing in the am as these babies do, it’s beautiful! They start to level out as the day goes on.
4BA26D27-7D49-4EA7-85E6-6D6481F2301F.jpeg

Yeah, I think it’s time to bring in big momma aka MH FC e3000. 👽
73CD57FD-A57D-405E-AC66-E5DA1839D741.jpeg

I did end up doing some defoliation only bc I didn’t see @InTheShed suggestion until after the fact. I didn’t take any branches or clones this round, I only took the huge fans that were no longer tuckable bc they were so big and there were so many underneath the net. They responded like a dream and are doing wonderful. I gave them all about a half a gallon of water, with some cal/mag after their defoliation.
BCB19BA2-8B0C-4627-AE6F-85F400A512FE.jpeg

Mi encanta 🥰

I accidentally split her wig a week or two ago. 🤬
54EB11C6-0EC3-4119-A58E-4417BA649DBE.jpeg

She cracked right down the middle, we had to operate, she on the mend now. 🤕
62EC3092-D0C6-4DAF-9226-DADD098830B3.jpeg

Her healing sure looks good to me, relieving my mind 🤒
7A9410E3-75FB-4192-BDAD-B45A61F07A42.jpeg

All healed up, and fast too, like 3 days, 4 tops! 😜

Back
Top Bottom