420 Soil Purple Girl Scout Cookies Clone Hybrid Indica Dominant 2021

congrats on your first grow, looks like you have a good amount of smoke to hold you over until the next one. I have about 2 weeks left on my 2nd grow, and of course I run out of stuff before its ready so unfortunately a trip to the dispensary is on my to do list for the day.

I hope you aired out the jars since yesterday. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Ok, moving to my thread.
Here we are in your thread, so let's talk nutrients. There are lots of companies that make cannabis nutes, and some of them are sponsors here. There are powders, liquids, and ones you mix into your soil and then top dress every two weeks or so. Each one has their own philosophy on what combination of elements makes the best plants and harvests.

Let me start by getting a few things out of the way, and this information is what I have picked up both here and from research on the internet. Cannabis (indeed most plants) need very little phosphorus, whether in veg or flower. Here is a post where I put up some charts of tissue analysis done on cannabis at various stages of growth. It shows NPK, Ca, Mg, and S (sulfur).

You can also see that though the need for K does go up in flower, so does nitrogen, blowing up another nute myth not to feed your plants nitrogen in flower.

Now that you have learned some of the basics of cannabis nutrition, you can see that Tiger Bloom (at 2-8-4) would never work as a stand-alone flower feed because it is too low in N and too high in P. Even when you combine it with the Grow Big you have too much P, but imagine including Open Sesame at 5-45-19. :eek:

Some of my favorite growers try to maintain a 5-1-5 or 2-1-3 ratio all through the entire grow, only increasing the strength of the nutes as the plant grows. They grow incredibly healthy plants with great harvests.

@farside05 has been having success lately with just three products: Tezula Plants MSU 13-3-15 fertilizer, Pro-Tekt silica, and Potassium Sulfate (mixed with tap water)...and all are available on Amazon. Farside has done a lot of research and grown a lot of great plants, all without ever switching to bloom nutes.

I'll leave that there and see what questions you might have.

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us. :goodjob:

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now..

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

You're courting mold sealing them up with RH in the 70s.
Hey shed! So I was wondering what percent I should be sealing them up at every time I burp them, is it 62% or 70? I’ve been keeping them around 68% after burping. Today is the second week of curing. When I burped them today it dropped to 56%. Should I raise the humidity before sealing them up until tomorrow?

Since you had already weighed them I thought you were sealed for the cure.

How long is each burp that they drop from 70 to 56%? They should just drop a percent or so with each burping, so they're at 62% when you're done.

If they are at 56% after 12 hours then do bring them back up to settle at ~62% before closing them up with the 62% pack for the cure.

I hope you aired out the jars since yesterday.
yes, I’ve been burping them every day.
Now that you have learned some of the basics of cannabis nutrition, you can see that Tiger Bloom (at 2-8-4) would never work as a stand-alone flower feed because it is too low in N and too high in P. Even when you combine it with the Grow Big you have too much P,

Some of my favorite growers try to maintain a 5-1-5 or 2-1-3 ratio all through the entire grow, only increasing the strength of the nutes as the plant grows. They grow incredibly healthy plants with great harvests.

So where should I start? I’m pretty sure the reasons why I didn’t get a better yield is bc I starved them all together. I was barely giving them any nutes, as a matter of fact I don’t think they got really anything at all. For example, one of the nutes I use asks for 2-3 teaspoons per gallon of water. I would only give 1 teaspoon per 3 gallons of water. Which was probably rinsing right out, with the amount of runoff I was allowing. Omg… I was just so scared of nute burn or any type of deficiencies to be honest, so yeah I think that had a lot to do with why the yield was so small. Don’t get me wrong, I am so happy with my first grow its super awesome and it tastes and burns really nice. Of course we’ve been sampling while curing. we haven’t been to the dispensary yet and would have already been on our second trip this month! I’m so excited for my savings account lol

ps. Mind if we move over to my 2nd journal bc that’s where I’ll be applying all my new knowledge. And I believe this journal will be closed soon, if not already.

Since you had already weighed them I thought you were sealed for the cure.

How long is each burp that they drop from 70 to 56%? They should just drop a percent or so with each burping, so they're at 62% when you're done.

If they are at 56% after 12 hours then do bring them back up to settle at ~62% before closing them up with the 62% pack for the cure.
I’ve actually been trying to follow your process on how to cure. so I’m on the second week of curing, burping the jars once a day as opposed to twice a day. The meter says 65% right now before opening to burp.

I’ve had 4 packs of boveda 62% in each jar. It’s been keeping the humidity up just a little bit.

I’ve actually been trying to follow your process on how to cure. so I’m on the second week of curing, burping the jars once a day as opposed to twice a day. The meter says 65% right now before opening to burp.
Don't burp for long if you have low RH where you are. 5 minutes is fine at this point.

Where does the RH settle 24 hours after burping without the Bovedas?

Back
Top Bottom