Concrete's Mixed Grow: Soil 2018

Those look great. 90+ flowering days? Wow. What did they look like at harvest?

I need some input right now. My leaves are starting to turn yellow @ day 46 after 12/12 flip.

Last one I ran 120+ days of flower. It's a landrace Sativa. Get you high a/f and then some. No ceiling you can puff till you turn red, green gold. lol

On your plants.

Some of them with the yellow leaves and brown spots. Those are the plants that I would keep an eye on.

Cannabis going down the stretch will start to eat up fan leaves. It's a normal process. You shouldn't expect your plants to remain green all the way to the end. If mine are green I did something wrong.

As you can see some of the plants are yellowing. Its called senescence.

The brown spots are concerning to me. But there are other plants perfectly fine.

Look at the flowers - that is the prize, don;t worry about fan leaves they die, fall off and new grow in to replace them.

Some strains mature at different rates - that is what it looks like to me.

What is happening with the yellowing later in flower is that the plant is using up stored energy in the leaves. That's the chlorophyll that makes the leaves green.

The plants will transfer or translocate that stored energy from the fan leaves to the flowers.

You don't need to do anything - its a natural process.

Just water, make sure you are watering adequately they drink much more water at this point. You dont need nutrients and definitely don't "flush".

Flushing soil is not what you think it is and not necessary or even helpful.

Giving the plants enough water at this stage is VERY important. You don't need to add in any sugars to the water. That can actually breed harmful bacteria in the soil.

If you feel you want to give your soil bacteria a lift or a boost, try an ounce of malted barley - grind it to a fine powder top dress and scratch into the soil and water.

I'm not sure whats in your soil. Some folks will use Cal/Mag when plants begin to look like this. Try some go easy with it and see what happens.

Plants actually use more nutrients in VEG than they do in flower. I wouldn't add any more in. Just try some cal/mag and leave out the sugar/molasses.

Last one I ran 120+ days of flower. It's a landrace Sativa. Get you high a/f and then some. No ceiling you can puff till you turn red, green gold. lol

On your plants.

Some of them with the yellow leaves and brown spots. Those are the plants that I would keep an eye on.

Cannabis going down the stretch will start to eat up fan leaves. It's a normal process. You shouldn't expect your plants to remain green all the way to the end. If mine are green I did something wrong.

As you can see some of the plants are yellowing. Its called senescence.

The brown spots are concerning to me. But there are other plants perfectly fine.

Look at the flowers - that is the prize, don;t worry about fan leaves they die, fall off and new grow in to replace them.

Some strains mature at different rates - that is what it looks like to me.

What is happening with the yellowing later in flower is that the plant is using up stored energy in the leaves. That's the chlorophyll that makes the leaves green.

The plants will transfer or translocate that stored energy from the fan leaves to the flowers.

You don't need to do anything - its a natural process.

Just water, make sure you are watering adequately they drink much more water at this point. You dont need nutrients and definitely don't "flush".

Flushing soil is not what you think it is and not necessary or even helpful.

Giving the plants enough water at this stage is VERY important. You don't need to add in any sugars to the water. That can actually breed harmful bacteria in the soil.

If you feel you want to give your soil bacteria a lift or a boost, try an ounce of malted barley - grind it to a fine powder top dress and scratch into the soil and water.

I'm not sure whats in your soil. Some folks will use Cal/Mag when plants begin to look like this. Try some go easy with it and see what happens.

Plants actually use more nutrients in VEG than they do in flower. I wouldn't add any more in. Just try some cal/mag and leave out the sugar/molasses.
Thanks. I am watering every 2 daya now instead of every 3. I am also using 12 gallons inatead of the usual 10, which gives a little runoff. I restarted using nutrients, but at a much lower dose than I did in veg.

Attachments

• 0409190358i~2.jpg
    0409190358i~2.jpg
    580 KB · Views: 154
  • 0409190400h.jpg
    0409190400h.jpg
    392.9 KB · Views: 164
  • 0409190344.jpg
    0409190344.jpg
    616.3 KB · Views: 158
  • 0409190359i.jpg
    0409190359i.jpg
    403.4 KB · Views: 151
  • 0409190359e.jpg
    0409190359e.jpg
    331.1 KB · Views: 158
You don't need nutes now. Let them grow. They are running hard down the back stretch.

At this point I like to see lots and lots of yellow fan leaves (not sugar leaves) and many should start falling off.

Reason stored nutrients are translocating from the fan leaves to the flowers.

I'm almost as far along as you.

I've got the loppers handy. Any day now for chop.

I like to harvest when all cloudy. Wait too long and the risks rise very quickly but not the quality of meds. If you want a real couchy crunchy high, you can go another week maybe.

Whats the flower times on those pretty little ladies you got going there?

Fabulous... yum... you gonna be happy with this.

You don't need nutes now. Let them grow. They are running hard down the back stretch.

At this point I like to see lots and lots of yellow fan leaves (not sugar leaves) and many should start falling off.

Reason stored nutrients are translocating from the fan leaves to the flowers.

I'm almost as far along as you.

I've got the loppers handy. Any day now for chop.

I like to harvest when all cloudy. Wait too long and the risks rise very quickly but not the quality of meds. If you want a real couchy crunchy high, you can go another week maybe.

Whats the flower times on those pretty little ladies you got going there?

Fabulous... yum... you gonna be happy with this.
I'm on day 48 since flip. Some of my plants are supposed to take 6-8 weeks and others 8-10 weeks. I'm not sure if that's from flip or from first pistils.

My Afghan Kush and Pineapple Chunk still have all white pistils. The other 6 plants appear to be close to harvest.

Looks like a bit of clear yet. I’ve been harvesting in stages. Just to see which maturity suites us best. Great plants, Cheers!!!
I smoked a lower bud that I cut down a week ago and dried in the tent. It had flopped over. Compared to the $20 3.5g I buy at the dispensary, it was smoother and gave me a more uplifting high. I may harvest soomer rather than later. The only reason I would harvest later is if the buds are still growing.

Chop chop... that last one before the family pic doesn't look ready yet. The others are good when ever you are.

Drying and curing just as important as growing.

Can think about bud washing since you're about to chop.

A lot of folks swear by it. Will help the drying process and if its really humid like it is here now, keep your drying flowers from getting moldy too.

I've got a flower on the hook right now. I'm thinking about washing it. Its sooo humid even with the AC on. Bud washing actually helps the plant dry faster.

Happy 420 peoples.

Back
Top Bottom