OldMedMan's First Grow Couchlock 2009

Hey OMM! Have you seen the movie "Dead Man". Neil did the entire soundtrack for it, and its all backed by an original steel guitar score that he did for the movie. If you havent seen it I Highly recommend both for the movie and Neils jam. Its really one of my fav. movies, Jonny Depp stars, its a western, in black and white, but its not much like most westerns. Kinda slow at times, but so filled with symbolism and metaphor, very subtle at many times. Great cameo's in it, Billy Bob Thorton, Robert Mitchum, Lance Henrickson, Gabriel Byrne, Iggy Pop, etc. So great!!

Who was trying to escape, I thought all us Hawaii citizens were finding the tsunami to be a great excuse to party for the day, cause thats how we roll.....no f*ck aroun' cuz!! LMAO!! :rollit:
:peacetwo:

No HD I haven't see it! Can't believe I missed it:smokin:
Got to go find it. I'll look for it, for sure. Damn, lots of good people in it. I have thousands of movies I haven't even watched yet. Got them from the newsgroups...used to be hobby before 420. I know Neil has been it a few movies himself.

Someone posted that I could just get on a plane to miss the tsunami.
I neva miss the party Bro.:ganjamon:

To art house for me but the sean's when he is traveling across the country in the train car is a great movie shot.

Your bubblelious plant's are doing better outside i hope,mine are thriveing under my light's right now thay are the best plant's in this grow.As far as the LST goes it seem's to work better on sativa's then indica's...peace:ganjamon:

To art house for me but the sean's when he is traveling across the country in the train car is a great movie shot.

Your bubblelious plant's are doing better outside i hope,mine are thriveing under my light's right now thay are the best plant's in this grow.As far as the LST goes it seem's to work better on sativa's then indica's...peace:ganjamon:

Hey Dain I put the first Bubblelicious outdoors 5 days ago, she has grown at least 1 1/2 inches. I put the other one out 4 days ago and she decided to grow out and up. They are doing much better. Now, please be female. :cheer:

Definitely going to have to find that movie! Thanks for that! I'd Rep ya if I could, but I can't so I won't!
Thanks, as always its the thought that counts!

Nothing like the threat of a natural disaster to bring out the party animal in enlightened folk!

I can hardly wait 'till Dec 2012! Should be a riot! Literally! :rofl:

:peace:

Yep, totally! And 2012 will be interesting. I sometimes think I should really make it a goal to have a nice live-aboard blue water sail boat fully stocked by then just in case. Even if nothing happens it wouldn't suck to have!

I got ya back LR +rep for The Duck. Great film! JD is one o my fave actors. Loved him in Fear and Loathing and can't wait to see Alice in W/land which has just opened here.:thumb::peace:

Mahalos for the +rep groover! Yeah, hard not to be a fan of Jonny, Donnie Brasco was a very impressive performance IMO. To see him actually be so alpha/intimidating at times in the movie, when in general his roles are a bit "softer". Very cool. F and L was a riot tho, love del Toro's acting with pretty much anything he does, he's another brilliant one! U see Way of the Gun?

No HD I haven't see it! Can't believe I missed it:smokin:
Got to go find it. I'll look for it, for sure. Damn, lots of good people in it. I have thousands of movies I haven't even watched yet. Got them from the newsgroups...used to be hobby before 420. I know Neil has been it a few movies himself.

Yeah, I think you'll dig it fo sho!!

Yeah, I've shown that movie to a lot of ppl over the years, and thats a pretty common response from those who dont love it, just not every1s cup o' tea. The train sequence is pretty good, and Crispin Glover is great as the train fireman.
:peace:
HD

High Dad!! You don't have to apologize for not coming to my second journal.. for 2 very important reasons! 1: Your a very busy man here and have your own journal going right now and with all the replys you get I am touched you came to visit mine! :thanks: 2: It just started so you haven't missed much at all! hehehehe! So when are you gonna start a new grow?? This season maybe?? I'll be watching!!

Hi BAS Thanks for being understanding.:cheer:

Hate to admit it.....but just tried to put up my new journal and things just were not right so I hope to get it up tomorrow. Keep a look out for it.:peace:
Love ya Girl:bravo:

G'day mate, Thanks for the info. I should be able to track it down now.:thumb:
I've been studying your cab on page 1 and trying to come up with some ideas to get your temps down. I reckon if you get a 6in inline fan(the cheapest will do) for intake and a 8-10in bathroom ceiling fan (they're real cheap about $20) it should help things a fair bit IMO. What type of light is the box type one hanging in the middle. Ever thought of cutting a hole in the top of the lightbox/ housing and using a CPU fan and ducting to remove the heat from the light?????:thumb::peace:

G'day mate, Thanks for the info. I should be able to track it down now.:thumb:
I've been studying your cab on page 1 and trying to come up with some ideas to get your temps down. I reckon if you get a 6in inline fan(the cheapest will do) for intake and a 8-10in bathroom ceiling fan (they're real cheap about $20) it should help things a fair bit IMO. What type of light is the box type one hanging in the middle. Ever thought of cutting a hole in the top of the lightbox/ housing and using a CPU fan and ducting to remove the heat from the light?????:thumb::peace:

Hi My Friend Groover. Man, thanks for all the help and suggestions.
The light is an LED and really doesn't give off much heat at all. I am going think things over and see what I can do. :thanks:

Hi My Friend Groover. Man, thanks for all the help and suggestions.
The light is an LED and really doesn't give off much heat at all. I am going think things over and see what I can do. :thanks:

No probs mate I love it. Designing grow cabs was my hobby years ago when I wasn't growing. Ok so if its an LED that negates the duct idea. Have you thought of maybe scrapping the LED and building a CFL light box like the Skooterclowns have built the glass and ducting would reduce the heat and you'll get more intense light.:thumb::peace:

No probs mate I love it. Designing grow cabs was my hobby years ago when I wasn't growing. Ok so if its an LED that negates the duct idea. Have you thought of maybe scrapping the LED and building a CFL light box like the Skooterclowns have built the glass and ducting would reduce the heat and you'll get more intense light.:thumb::peace:

Thanks groover I'll take a look:welldone:

The scilica will help out. I actually use it for PH up instead of buying a sperate product. Next time you get a chance read your lable and notice that Scilica is the main ingredient in PH up. Definetly a plus. And Groover is right a Bathroom fan would make a difference. I got one for onw of my smaller cabs and got a 6->4 inch reducer attached to it, this refocused the air flow up and out. Just a thought. I'll find it and take some picts and post it later when the wife gets home w/ the camera.

The scilica will help out. I actually use it for PH up instead of buying a sperate product. Next time you get a chance read your lable and notice that Scilica is the main ingredient in PH up. Definetly a plus. And Groover is right a Bathroom fan would make a difference. I got one for onw of my smaller cabs and got a 6->4 inch reducer attached to it, this refocused the air flow up and out. Just a thought. I'll find it and take some picts and post it later when the wife gets home w/ the camera.

The PH up I use is potassium hydroxide and the PH down I use is phosphoric acid. I've also used white vinegar for down and bi-carb soda for up and they work really good.:peace::thumb:

Well phooey, Butcher I just ordered some pH up.:smokin:
Don't worry too much about the cab, for the present. They are doing OK for now....it's been cool for a while now.:peace:

The PH up I use is potassium hydroxide and the PH down I use is phosphoric acid. I've also used white vinegar for down and bi-carb soda for up and they work really good.:peace::thumb:

G'day mate So now you tell me!:reading420magazine: I have used vinegar for pH down, but didn't know about the ways to get pH up. Just ordered some pH up! Thanks:thanks:

G'day mate So now you tell me!:reading420magazine: I have used vinegar for pH down, but didn't know about the ways to get pH up. Just ordered some pH up! Thanks:thanks:

Oh well. It's always handy because a small amount goes a long way.:thumb::peacetwo:

Oh well. It's always handy because a small amount goes a long way.:thumb::peacetwo:

Hi groover No problem mate. I was joking anyway. :ganjamon:

First time I used pH down, it blew me away. I put in 2 drops in a gallon of water. Measure it and it took forever to get it back up to normal. :yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:

Hi groover No problem mate. I was joking anyway. :ganjamon:

First time I used pH down, it blew me away. I put in 2 drops in a gallon of water. Measure it and it took forever to get it back up to normal. :yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:

First time I used bi-carb I put a few heaped t/spoons in half a sml glass o water and used maybe 20ml. Spent the next 30 mins getting it back down:thumb:

First time I used bi-carb I put a few heaped t/spoons in half a sml glass o water and used maybe 20ml. Spent the next 30 mins getting it back down:thumb:

LOL I start adding more and more water, distributed through many gallons. Gave that up fast. Those are the things we pick up along the way.:thumb:

LOL I start adding more and more water, distributed through many gallons. Gave that up fast. Those are the things we pick up along the way.:thumb:
Mate my tap water is a good pH up too.:rofl: Brushin up on my italian with Superweed:rofl::thumb:

Back
Top Bottom