OldMedMans's 3rd Grow AirPots and 6 Strains

I remember those days really well too Chopper. I can remember when all we got in a bag was shake, and not very good at that. Then the Gold and Redbud.... honest to God I can still remember the exact moment I saw my first bag of sinsemilla, probably in 80.... another price jump to $100 but the biggest problem was supply, couldn't get enough of it.

Me too..... but it was 77 or 78. Also 100 bucks! A fortune back then. I remember that it was one big cola in the bag...I also remember that I wasn't real blown away by it. I ended up glad that I passed on it and got regular weed :surf:

Congrat's on those very impressive totals........had me worried, glad to see your back today.

544 G's of prime....does it get any better?:thumb:

Very nice OMM, as always looks like you got yourself some outstanding meds. As for what ate the plastic. My compost bins are plastic and either a mouse or rat has eaten a hole in them and dug around in my compost. Not saying that it what ate yours, just something to think about... Again very nice job....

Yeah rodents (including rabbits and mongoose are rodents) have teeth that continually grow. I hear that is what makes them a rodent... anyway, those growing teeth have to chew on stuff. But then wasp and other things chew on stuff too. It does not surprise me to see anything chewed up that is not just plain poison.

Maybe seems like a goofy question......Did that Colombian grow out Golden colored? Was it a true Sativa?
Back in 1974 (or so) we got shipment(s) of product from "Colombia" that changed EVERYTHING! (This is on the E. coast...Philly/NYC zone) First was a yellow colored (literally straw) tiny black seeds, budz the size of a thumb nail. It was OUT-STANDING!***up to this point in history, weed was not real good***It was called Chiba Chiba, and by the time I'd found how good it was and got back to Rob's...it was all gone. (This was also the first time weed had cost more than $15 or $20 an oz......Chiba was the unheard of price of $50 an ounce. Right behind this came a large batch of "Red Colombian" It was rusty red as Bic lighter, tiny black seeds, wonderful taste, smell, and high...$50 per oz. It lasted most of the summer, and eventually it all became standard Colombian,but the price never went down again :)
Remember Paraquat? Well, that brought the party to an end, but it was too late...We'd found out what REAL weed was and there was no going back. I never touched another paper wrapped Mexican brick, and the very first product of Cali grows started circulating thru the Deadhead community
Like I said.....Gold Colombian changed everything! In 35 years there has never been a replay. Those seeds make me wonder

Hey Chopper Smoked my first Columbian in Kali in 1969. Was 40 bucks an oz. I sampled it and then sat at the table and couldn't talk or move for a while. Best stuff I had ever had at the time! Maybe ever! There is a way to make it Golden. One of the seeds banks tells how to do it. Sorry, I don't remember which. Or you can ask poor Lavendar, I say poor Lavendar, because she's always answering our questions. :):)

Congrat's on those very impressive totals........had me worried, glad to see your back today.

544 G's of prime....does it get any better?:thumb:

Sure doesn't for this old boy! Starting to feel much better now. Thank you! Still trying to catch with every thing and every one. Will, catch up with you soon as I can. Those pictures were just beautiful! Talk with you soon! :yummy:

Yeah rodents (including rabbits and mongoose are rodents) have teeth that continually grow. I hear that is what makes them a rodent... anyway, those growing teeth have to chew on stuff. But then wasp and other things chew on stuff too. It does not surprise me to see anything chewed up that is not just plain poison.

Hi sonzor and G-dog First thanks for the good words sonzor! :Rasta:

Have you been to Hawaii G-Dog ? We had a bad amount of rats here and they brought in hundreds of mongoose to kill them. They did! However now we have a mongoose problem. They are everywhere! Don't mess with Mother Nature, she strikes back! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

High All :thanks: For joining me on this third grow of mine. I am happy with how things went with this grow. I never expect a perfect grow, that would be silly to think I would ever do that.

What did go well:

The Airpots did their job! No complains at all with them. Love the things.

The use of RO water saved allot of time for not worrying about pH so much.

Using OC+ was the right thing to do. It worked very well, and my plants never needed any extra nutes. Only the Church had a problem with yellowing leaves and it may have been a problem with FFOF soil. I honestly don't know the answer of what caused it. She gave me a good yield even though she had yellow leaves all the way through.

I used 3 different soils. FFOF, Black Gold, and Happy Frog. I could tell no difference between them as far as growth rates. None were in conflict with the OC+.

What really went well was YOU I thank all of you that looked in and your comments and suggestions, but mainly all the good vibes you folks gave this journal. Thank each and every one of you for that. :thumb:

What didn't go well

Mother Nature cut way back on the amount of rain we had, so I had to use much more water than last grow. So I ended up using much more water and for an old guy like me that made a it a strain on me....going to Safeway to get 30 gallons of RO water every week or so kicked my butt. To much carrying water.

For the very first time I had bug problems. First it was leaf miners and then I think I had white spider mites. This will be a big part of the next grow...no bugs!

Another thing I didn't like was harvesting 5 plants in the same week. I will plan better next grow. One or two a week is much better for me.

And finally the last problem was me and my health and age. I have to learn to work smarter and find easier ways for me to do things and not kill myself in the process. This I've already started on. Mmmmick has pointed out several way I can do that. God bless him.

Even with all the bad things that happened....you don't hear me saying I'm gonna quit.:blunt: This is too much fun to stop now.:):):)

What's in the future? A new grow in 2 or 3 weeks, soon as I get it set up like I want and it will be a perpetual grow until whenever! Got to plan well for that!

Once again Thank all of you for making this a fun journal! :thumb:

Yeah I been to Hawaii a few times, seen the mongooses. I remember my wife saying, "That isn't a squirrel, it is a mongoose or something". I am like "whatever", but further reading proved her correct. Lots of things on Hawaii brought in by people. I think I read there were no natural land mammals or something like that. Everything thrives in Hawaii. I wish I could live there, someplace on the Kona coast.

Hey OMM, great wrap up post. Congrats on another awesome journal and harvest. Nice numbers on your latest chop and some intriguing strains.

Thanks for the mention in your wrapup post. Most of my ideas come from other folks journals, so I can't take credit, but i appreciate the thought.

A short rest might be just the ticket. I'll definitely be subbed for your next journal, I can always use the inspiration.:thumb::goodjob: Always room in my thread if you feel a need to ramble before you're ready to start up again. Take care my friend.

Hey Chopper Smoked my first Columbian in Kali in 1969. Was 40 bucks an oz. I sampled it and then sat at the table and couldn't talk or move for a while. Best stuff I had ever had at the time! Maybe ever! There is a way to make it Golden. One of the seeds banks tells how to do it. Sorry, I don't remember which. Or you can ask poor Lavendar, I say poor Lavendar, because she's always answering our questions. :):)

chopper,
to do it right, which i am going to do on mine....ok, i will do pics of it, so peeps can see if it works or not like its supposed to ... her time, the col. gold is done tomorrow, thursday, and i will clear x her and water for a wk, so thurs. after this one, it should happen....you gird the stalk....it cuts off all nutz to the plant, lives on the leaves and all turns yellow....ive read all i can find on it, and want to try it, so thats what will happen....anyway, it will be on my journal...may do another one also, a nycdiesel, just for fun....it cures really yellow as is....thanks for the interest....L

omm,
if i wasnt happily married, i'ld hunt you down.....its my pleasure to help...knowledge is no good, unless you can give it away....enjoy the vacation, im going to disappear for a while also....but not till you get back...not closing the journal, just going to break for a while and recharge all the batteeries that keep me being me....so i just wont be here as often,
kinda going thru a weaning phase at the moment....just to see if i can do it...L:tokin:

Well I don't know how I could say anything that could out do what Lavendar just said :hippy:, but you can rest assured that I will not come looking for you OMM if I was single! Though I would make the trip just to meet that hot Columbian Senorita of yours :Rasta:

Hope your feeling better my friend!

Yeah I been to Hawaii a few times, seen the mongooses. I remember my wife saying, "That isn't a squirrel, it is a mongoose or something". I am like "whatever", but further reading proved her correct. Lots of things on Hawaii brought in by people. I think I read there were no natural land mammals or something like that. Everything thrives in Hawaii. I wish I could live there, someplace on the Kona coast.

Hi G-Dog I thought so! We have no snakes, but every once in a while, someone finds a 14 ft boa. Most of the trees are from some where else too!
Does help to listen to the wife occasionally. :)
The Kona coast is bout perfect!
Take care, Buddy!

Hey OMM, great wrap up post. Congrats on another awesome journal and harvest. Nice numbers on your latest chop and some intriguing strains.

Thanks for the mention in your wrapup post. Most of my ideas come from other folks journals, so I can't take credit, but i appreciate the thought.

A short rest might be just the ticket. I'll definitely be subbed for your next journal, I can always use the inspiration.:thumb::goodjob: Always room in my thread if you feel a need to ramble before you're ready to start up again. Take care my friend.

Thanks Mmmmick! Never say that! I know and you know it....but it came from you! :) A short rest it is, I need to get my mental set again! :grinjoint:

I will take your invitation......rambles coming! :) :popcorn:

omm,
if i wasnt happily married, i'ld hunt you down.....its my pleasure to help...knowledge is no good, unless you can give it away....enjoy the vacation, im going to disappear for a while also....but not till you get back...not closing the journal, just going to break for a while and recharge all the batteeries that keep me being me....so i just wont be here as often,
kinda going thru a weaning phase at the moment....just to see if i can do it...L:tokin:

Hi Lavendar Well, we are thinking the same way. I just sent you an email saying the same thing to you. No, not the hunting me down part, although it's a great idea! :cheer: The part about taking a break.....it's a hard thing to do though...we love our Journals! Yep, recharge those batteries....we love you being you! :):):):)

Well I don't know how I could say anything that could out do what Lavendar just said :hippy:, but you can rest assured that I will not come looking for you OMM if I was single! Though I would make the trip just to meet that hot Columbian Senorita of yours :Rasta:

Hope your feeling better my friend!

:tokin::cheer::tokin::rofl::rofl: OK! The Columbian beauty is still here, but she is going fast! :hookah: Thank God your not coming for me! :grinjoint:

Hold the phone OMM, your not closing this out without me saying GREAT F#*KING JOB first!

Now slow the f*#k down will ya? Harvest 5 plants......just the thought has my hands cramping up.

Thanks for all your very generous help bud.

Oh! Good news! Check out what we found........Wanda's legacy lives on!!!
Second Generation Bagseed

Dr. Oldskoool prescribes a very large bowl of Columbian, and two weeks of couching in the shade under that beautiful Plumeria.

Aloha buddy

Hold the phone OMM, your not closing this out without me saying GREAT F#*KING JOB first!

Now slow the f*#k down will ya? Harvest 5 plants......just the thought has my hands cramping up.

Thanks for all your very generous help bud.

Oh! Good news! Check out what we found........Wanda's legacy lives on!!!
Second Generation Bagseed

Dr. Oldskoool prescribes a very large bowl of Columbian, and two weeks of couching in the shade under that beautiful Plumeria.

Aloha buddy

Don't get upset.....you get the last word in! :)
Looked at amazing Wanda again. What a family she has produced!

Been out looking for Haley's comet. All I can see is Hawaii's spotlight moon.
I'll just have to catch it when it comes back in 76 years! :grinjoint: Nice stash you have! Be talking with you soon. Take care! :cheer:

Back
Top Bottom