OldMed Man's Air Pots and a Perpetual Grow

That could be it Horse! :)
Curling fingers.....curling leaves. :) Have to look up Arnica. Haven't heard from Lav in over a month...she's up to something I'm sure. Miss that girl.

I wanted to run both off the 240v circuit. I have to find a real 240v timer with two outlets on it. Then I could run them both. That was my original plan.
You know how that goes. :)

Yea I stay away from sick people, a common cold can kill and old fart! :)
I can't wait either! :high-five:

OMM, I might have missed it, but is your timer 120v with 2 x 120v outlets or 240v with 2 x 120 v outlets?

must be a dead horse.

OMM!

missing you buddy, glad you got it up and working. wish i could have been there to see it. :cheer: your the man!

i am dog sitting right now for my brother, soon to be cat sitting when my parents on this side of the US run off the ireland wednesday. Still nothing here, what a crappy state.

hoping your hand gets better... thats just the pits, i remember it was bothering you before too. sounds like were both in pretty bad shape :high-five: life, mirite

seriously considering getting some T5 lights or some CFL's and trying to turn out a couple quick auto's with what you taught me. Gotta find a place in the house to hide them for about 3 months haha, dont know what to do about watering when i go up to illinois though for the girls grad. Maybe my brother will do it. Idk.

Cant wait for the new thread, I will be all over that.

You know... I really wish i had stayed even a week longer, :sorry: Going thousands of miles away did nothing to really quell my depression. now i miss my girl and my good friend!

Call you sometime this week buddy. Tell Jo high for me.

Hi THsea ! :)

Yea, I wish you could have stayed for one more week. You would love how it looks now.:)

Dog sitting and cat sitting, Oh Joy! :yahoo: Well, if you could find a secret place, autos sound good. :)

I knew that it would be tough for you, no friends around and no girl friend to see. Hang in there, the best is yet to come.
I'll be looking for your call. Take care of your self best you can. :Namaste:

Hiya OMM ~

Sure glad you got those lights going - the Matterhorn must be quite a sight all lit up! I'm sorry to hear that your finger/hand is bothering you -- pain stinks and can make life so much more difficult than it needs to be. Inda has his priorities right though -- Plant, type, what else do you need? :)

While it stinks that your helper didn't show, I'll bet it felt good to get those lights up - despite the pain. At least that's how it's been for me lately - feels good to get things done without relying on someone to help once in a while.
I had a major setback last night and it kills me to think of it. I'll post details on my thread so as to not bore everyone here.

I haven't been watching your perpetually closed journal well enough the last few days - silly me, I almost fell for it being really and actually closed this time! ;)

Can't wait for the next one - OMM climbs the Matterhorn?

Hiya OMM ~

Sure glad you got those lights going - the Matterhorn must be quite a sight all lit up! I'm sorry to hear that your finger/hand is bothering you -- pain stinks and can make life so much more difficult than it needs to be. Inda has his priorities right though -- Plant, type, what else do you need? :)

While it stinks that your helper didn't show, I'll bet it felt good to get those lights up - despite the pain. At least that's how it's been for me lately - feels good to get things done without relying on someone to help once in a while.
I had a major setback last night and it kills me to think of it. I'll post details on my thread so as to not bore everyone here.

I haven't been watching your perpetually closed journal well enough the last few days - silly me, I almost fell for it being really and actually closed this time! ;)

Can't wait for the next one - OMM climbs the Matterhorn?

Hi My Freind! :)
Pain is a downer alright, the best I can do is a couple of non-aspirin and keep on going. Tried a bit of Lucy, didn't work! I just wanted to play then. ;)
Ahhhh what was I doing? :popcorn:
Yep, Inda knows what's important. :Rasta:
I felt so good about the lights, I posted here in the endless journal. Don't guess that helped much. :smokin:

That sounds serious xlr8, I be right over to see what's going on. I hope it wasn't too bad. :Namaste:

Wow Pop's I wrote a whole page just now,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but the PC ate it.But I agree about Sun Systems. I take it you got the magnetic one???? They are 220/110 or HPS or MH. And isn't a thing onboard you can't fix pretty cheap like '30/40$' and brand new. I used one for 6/7 years once with No Problems. Back then they wasn't switchable between 110 and 220. They just came out with switchables HPS/MH units. That was alot of years back. Was the news of the world back then, a ballast that runs both bulbs. Hey now them x plugs. You don't even have to change the cords or plugs between the voltages. Hey see you got acouple lines going. One a dryer? If you are cutting intoo a dryer line for the 12 hours, why not runnem both off the dyer? You won't have any problem, least with the wiring I'm alittle use to, running 2 400's. Better if ya run both on your 220. Twice the amps on 110 over half the amps on 220. Works out the same on the electric. But sometimes it weighs out on the amps per say the breaker. Well Pop's I see ya got your stuff rolling. And I look foreword to seeing a 4X8' of solid bud in awhile. Keep em Green

Hay OMM, as much as I hate to see any horse beaten, much less a dead one, here's a 240v splitter:

CAP Master Light Controller, 8 Sites, 120v/240v receptacles MLC-8X :: Timer :: Environment Control :: Horizen Hydroponics - Hydroponic Systems Equipment Supplies, plant grow lights, Digital Electronic ballasts, Organic Fertilizers for indoor hydropon

Here's how mine is set up, only it's a lot messier than this sketch :)

240V_Controller002.jpg

Wow Pop's I wrote a whole page just now,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but the PC ate it.But I agree about Sun Systems. I take it you got the magnetic one???? They are 220/110 or HPS or MH. And isn't a thing onboard you can't fix pretty cheap like '30/40$' and brand new. I used one for 6/7 years once with No Problems. Back then they wasn't switchable between 110 and 220. They just came out with switchables HPS/MH units. That was alot of years back. Was the news of the world back then, a ballast that runs both bulbs. Hey now them x plugs. You don't even have to change the cords or plugs between the voltages. Hey see you got acouple lines going. One a dryer? If you are cutting intoo a dryer line for the 12 hours, why not runnem both off the dyer? You won't have any problem, least with the wiring I'm alittle use to, running 2 400's. Better if ya run both on your 220. Twice the amps on 110 over half the amps on 220. Works out the same on the electric. But sometimes it weighs out on the amps per say the breaker. Well Pop's I see ya got your stuff rolling. And I look foreword to seeing a 4X8' of solid bud in awhile. Keep em Green

Hi Sprout! :)
I don't mess with the dryer it has it's own 220 line. I have another line just for the lights. I just don't have the part I need to get them both on the same line yet. I got the digital ballasts that will run both types of bulbs.
I knew going in I would not have everything I needed. Since these are my first lights I expected to need other controls. I do believe Mr. Horse has found what I need. Sho is different from outdoors. A new learning curve.
Thanks for coming by old friend. :)

I'm a sucker for a hand drawn diagram. Has a personal touch to it. Many props Horse.:goodjob:

You of all people Horse ! :)

Glad you did beat that old nag again. I have been to the page you posted and that's what I need. Now to choose which comes first the switch or an RO system. Something tells me it will be the switch. :)

I'm still nervous about all this anyway. I feel like I'm standing in the middle of a mine field. I'm sure it will pass after a few disasters....make that learning points instead! :) Truthfully this is exciting stuff! :cheer:

Thanks for the help again! :Namaste:

Just ordered it!

Hi All :cheer:

Another update. As things look right now, I have to extend the time of the new journal until Friday. All my work caught up with me today, so I'm hitting the bed today. The next two days will be taken up with Jo's tests. They will knock her out tomorrow and take a look inside. Thursday she goes back again for more tests. Yet to be told what they will be.
Sorry for yet another delay, life keeps getting in the way.....OMM. :popcorn:

You of all people Horse ! :)

Glad you did beat that old nag again. I have been to the page you posted and that's what I need. Now to choose which comes first the switch or an RO system. Something tells me it will be the switch. :)

I'm still nervous about all this anyway. I feel like I'm standing in the middle of a mine field. I'm sure it will pass after a few disasters....make that learning points instead! :) Truthfully this is exciting stuff! :cheer:

Thanks for the help again! :Namaste:

Just ordered it!

Hope it does the trick OMM. I think it might have been better to sort out ypur 240 cicuit before ordering. You may not actually have the spare capacity that you expect.

If I had an answer to my previous question I might feel differently, but whenever I offer advice based on incomplete info it's usually bad advice.

Giddyup :thumb:

I looked into the RO systems, and mostly saw a lot of problems from slow, small processing, to leaks, to dumping a bunch of water for the processing, to replenishing parts... none of it seemed worth it to me ;)

What's the rain situation out there in Paradise? I ended up with a rain barrel. Great water, and free after you get the barrel :)

We don't get much rain in the summer, but I have to run a dehumidifier in the crawl then anyhow. The humidity here is so high, that when the warm, moist air hits the minimally insulated a/c ducting it has a tendency to rain under the house :( So now I just pipe the dehumidifier runoff into 5gal buckets. Distilled water!

What's up with your tap water?

Seems like setting up indoors is always something, don't it? :goodluck:

Hi Horse, all valid concerns re RO systems. They're still frequently the best possbile solution in some cases. Mine eliminated all of my water issues and has yet to require any replacement filters. Of course thats dependant on usage.
Every grow is different and requires a different approach, doesn't mean the approach isn't good for some.

Hi OMM - hope you did/are getting some rest. Please take good care of yourself and Jo. Sending good vibes for both of you. :goodluck:

I have an RO system -- it's the stealth RO100 by Hydrologic. It works well, but it does seem to waste a quite a little water (though, I think they all do). Really solid so far, and easy to use and set-up.

1663485056308.png

It just was the way to go for me to reduce PPM's in my tap water, and remove chloramines, chlorine, etc.

I like the idea of using water from dehumidifying and I'm going to try that, too.

Please take care of yourselves my friend!

Edit: I learned something about these from the manufacturer recently: If you use hot water it will process much faster, (warm water travels through the membranes better), but it will also catch more stuff in the filters as hot water isn't as pure as cold water (contains more trace minerals, etc.) In a pinch, though, it's nice to know I can speed it up a little if I need to make more water faster, cuz they are kinda slow. I just use a float valve and let it refill whenever I take from it, and that works pretty good. :)

Hi Horse. :)
Well, that has been my impression too of RO systems. Mmmmick has the only one that works well, that I've heard of. They waste allot of water too.
Rain barrel sounds pretty good, however we have days,,,,,sometime weeks of VOG. Vog is volcanic ash in the air. So it kind of messes with our water.
The tap water is rated very low, it has much bad stuff in it. That's why Jo and I filter everything we drink.I'll probably get a dehumidifier too. Distilled water for free. Sounds good. Think all the work in the past few days has caught up with me. Very tired. ;)

Hi OMM. Horse gave a good condensed version of RO issues. The only one I'm particularly concerned with is the waste water that results from processing but in my situation there were limited choices. I stay ahead of the slow processing by keeping full jugs available.
Careful with the dehuniidifer water if you use tobacco in the house. It can be a possible plant killer.

Hope your getting rested up.:peacetwo:

Hay Horse. I found out the hard way. It was overnight death on a handful of clones that had rooted well and started to get their grow on. If you're using a dehumidifer in the crawl it might not be an issue. I had mine on the main level, next door to my computer room where most of the smoking goes on. Probably concentrated poison in my case.

Back
Top Bottom