OldMed Man's Air Pots and a Perpetual Grow

OldMedMan

Jimmy Max Parker 11/2/41 - 02/19/17
Hello Everyone and Welcome to My 4th Grow!

This 4th grow is a continuing effort to learn to more about my favorite hobby, growing mmj. Hopefully all of us can pick up some helpful ways to do things better. Please, all of you tuned into this grow I hope you pick up some useful info and If you spot me doing something totally wrong will you please chime in and tell me what I am doing wrong and tell me what I should be doing to make things better.

Now let us get into the nuts and bolts.

A little side note here. Here in Hawaii the mmj laws are not the same for all islands, each one has different rules. I live on the Island of Oahu on the windward side, so I get lots of rain and high winds. I am a care giver for one person and I can have a total of 12 plants. 6 real giants, say from 8 to 12 feet tall and 6 smaller ones up to say 5 or 6 feet tall. There has been no word about clones or new spouts, so that part is hazy at best. Determining sex is not mentioned at all, so I am probably pushing things a bit.
At the moment I have 17 plants germng and 2 in Bloom. All of my seeds are female.

I should be telling you all the following Information according to 420's Forum guidelines.

Is it Indicia, Sativa , What SeedBank

The two in bloom now.

1 Lucy an unknown Sativa

1 Mazar Kush — Indica - World of Seeds

The following are in veg.

1 Big Budda Cheese - Mostly Indica — Big Buddha

2 Cole Train — Hybrid — Reserva Privada

1 Moby Dick Sativa DinaFem

2 Jack Diesel — Sativa - Positronics

1 Kandy Kush — Hybird — Reserva Privda

1 Mazar Kush — world Of seeds

2 Papaya — Indica — Nirvana

2 Skunk#1 — Hybird — Sensi Seeds

1 K-Train - Greenhouse Seeds

1 Violator Kush — Indica — Barney's Farm

1 Wappa — Indica — Paradise Seeds

1 warlock — Indica — Magus genetics

1 Lucy an unknown Sativa

Is it in Veg or Flower stage?
All are in veg at the moment, except Lucy a unknown Sativa strain and a Jack Diesel which are in flower as of today.

Indoor or outdoor? All were started indoors and have been put outdoors at times. In the end they will all be outdoors.

Soil or Hydro?
This will be a soil grow.

I will be using only Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil and Fox Farm Happy Frog.

What size pot?
For veg I am using 1 gallon regular pots, 2 gallon regular pots, and 3 liter AirPots.
For Bloom I will be using 3,3 gallon, 3.7 gallon, and 5.2 gallon Airpots.

The AirPots information can be found here. Be sure to watch all the videos so you will understand how they work

My veg box and veg closet will be shown in a few minutes.

PH of media? I will try to keep the pH level between 6 and 6.3 measured by runoff. Unless someone tells me different.

Any Pests ? Yes, Bud Miners, at least my last grow had them. I have sprayed the ground beneath the pots with a powerful bug spray. Will use Asamax and Neem also.

How often are you watering?
When the pots feel dry.

Type of nutes used?

From Botanicare:
Silica Blast
Cal-Mag

Other Nutes and additions:
Gravity
OC+

Here is a look at what I have going now.
bigview.jpg

Here are the two in Bloom
both7.jpg

Lucy
lucy1.jpg

Jack Diesel
jackd.jpg

Here is my grow closet
closet23.jpg

One of the other grow Boxes.
ufo1.jpg

So there is the start of hopefully a very long grow, as one is harvested, another will be added until I run out of seeds or die from exhaustion .:ganjamon:

Wow Im in for sure,ur grows are always awesome and full of info that we all can use,and the pics are great also! :welldone:

Hello j4s2u0 Welcome You have your choice of seat! Thanks for joining in. This one should be a good one for us all!
Gonna grow many different strains. That list was just a sample of what's coming.
I'll be posting pictures every 3 or 4 days unless I get busy and then it will be soon as I can. Due to some health problems.....I'll be slower than usual, but it should be good! :ganjamon:

Cool. :popcorn:

Recommendations for PH using soil vary by a bit, I think 6.5 being target ph is good.

I've heard 6.2 to 7.2, 5.8 to 6.8 etc......... 6.5 and it doesn't matter who is right you're in the middle.

That's water going in I'm talking about, if you have good buffers in your soil and in your nutes your run off shouldn't fluctuate too much. but I would expect it to drop .1 or .2 (in my experience)

I've found that when using nutes at least 1/2 strength it controls/prevents big ph swings.

Botanicare cns17 are the nutes I'm referring to.

Hope that helps.

It's impossible to explain this stuff sometimes......

One thing cool about this deal is that there are so many ways to do it and as long as you're happy with what you did then that's all that counts. :peace:

Cool. :popcorn:

Recommendations for PH using soil vary by a bit, I think 6.5 being target ph is good.

I've heard 6.2 to 7.2, 5.8 to 6.8 etc......... 6.5 and it doesn't matter who is right you're in the middle.

That's water going in I'm talking about, if you have good buffers in your soil and in your nutes your run off shouldn't fluctuate too much. but I would expect it to drop .1 or .2 (in my experience)

I've found that when using nutes at least 1/2 strength it controls/prevents big ph swings.

Botanicare cns17 are the nutes I'm referring to.

Hope that helps.

It's impossible to explain this stuff sometimes......

One thing cool about this deal is that there are so many ways to do it and as long as you're happy with what you did then that's all that counts. :peace:

Hi Saturn Well, if you want the honest truth, I use RO water and nothing else. It's pH is always 7.0. I use OC+ for my main nutes and a bit of silica for the stems and cal-mag if needed. I used it once on my plants last grow in the early stage. After about a month I quit checking my run off. It was always damn near perfect. OC+ produced some really good results for me.
You know it...there's a million ways to do it. I found something that works for me and I like easy growing when ever possible.
I grew a Church last time and I gave her cal-mag once and her leaves turned yellow and stayed that way until harvest. Funny, she turned out to be good smoke. So who knows? :ganjamon:

Aloha OMM! I'm looking at snowflakes this morning too.

Is that scorched earth I see surrounding my future retirement bungalow? Did you have to get out the flamethrower in your last battle with the bugs?

I'm here for the ride and to nag you if you're overdoing things.

How long have the 2 been in flower, and what do you use the silica for?

Go Lucy! Go Jack Diesel! Go OMM!

SHOWTIME
Sunny and 80 here too Bra.....everyone is outside giving my electric bill a break

running in the yard huffing and puffing....im here, am i late???

just got caught up....love it...and i got in at the beginning...

did the bug spray brown all that up? i bet your gardener is happy...

well, im off to shake some jars, and take more clones....or thats what they say they would be if they stay alive....hugs, L

Hi OMM, got my seat all picked out.
I'm looking forward to seeing your backyard loaded with sticky buds again soon.:thumb:

Good luck my friend.

I hope your health issues don't impact your enjoyment of your garden.

Back
Top Bottom