Clones In Soil: Hybrid Perpetual Grow 2021/2022

Omg… Bill, I feel the same way with these two, like so panicked! They just won’t stop growing and taking in water as usual, and enough is enough ...I’m so done with them already, I just can't, and if I’m done, then they most certainly are done too! lol
The good news is they're showing amber trichomes :cool:
Good morning @420giirl I get it.
That's a long long flower period.
You have more patience than me.
After 9 weeks all I can think about is getting them out of there.
I usually have a rowdy bunch wanting the space for themselves.
Good luck with her she is Beautiful. :thumb:

Stay safe
Bill

Good morning @420giirl I get it.
That's a long long flower period.
You have more patience than me.
After 9 weeks all I can think about is getting them out of there.
I usually have a rowdy bunch wanting the space for themselves.
Good luck with her she is Beautiful. :thumb:

Stay safe
Bill
Thanks Bill, I've only been able to be patient bc I'm waiting on the buds in the fridge to finish up so I can put them into jars and these last two girlees in the fridge. Then the girls in the 2x2 are ready to move into the 3x3 under @Mars Hydro fc3000. Wow, like who am I right now, talking like I know exactly what I'm doing Lol oh yeah then the seedling will go into the 2x2 grow tent. Moving right along. :reading420magazine:

Update on Arise and Sandia Sangría @ 14wks harvest./HC&Future 16th day in FFMF.

I’ve been taking them down for the last 6hrs and I’m only half way done. They are all washed and drip drying while waiting to get bagged for the low and slow in the frost-free, mini-fridge. The buds finally dropped to 60-50% humidity and 41%f. I jarred a bag and it was still 75%, so back in the fridge It went. We are around day 16, and it looks like we're right on track.

717F4B85-C514-4688-A891-2AE10A44CA4A.jpeg

Arise, 14wks harvest

DC549DAD-182C-4728-B81E-F2F52AC037CA.jpeg

Right in the middle of this top the buds were all dried out. When I googled bud rot, I thought maybe, but then they were just dry no mold, so I smoked them lol even though it looked like bud rot, I don't think that's what it was only bc the humidity was never high, but it was real hot. Between the light and the temperature, it was @ 94f at times. I also learned that's why they wouldn't stop fox tailing. They were suffering from heat and light stroke. I'll have to remember to dim the light around week 8-9. :rollit:

I think I'm learning first hand what happens when you leave dead leaves on the colas during flower. It looks like (IMO) the dead leaves start killing everything around them. :reading420magazine:

FF8A50F1-0313-46B5-8807-EA2F41D4EE43.jpeg

It's not dry right now bc I washed this cola yesterday, but it looks like it was dry, idk....I'm making a note of this so I can remember to be more careful when it comes to dead leaves. :idea:

Leaves that die from the inside of the bud out tend to indicate bud rot. From the tips in it's something else.
I'll have to remember to dim the light around week 8-9
If possible you'd be better off training them so they never get that close to the light rather than dimming it late in flower. But when it happens, if you strap the light to the top bars you can usually get a few extra inches, or if you can tie and bend your tallest branches down a bit, that will give you some room as well with the big stretchers.

Wow, the humidity went back down to 73%. And I barely took out those pieces of styrofoam, not even 30 minutes ago. Ok, now I feel better.
Sorry about that! :snowboating:
B43D1868-1E25-49D4-A4FB-DAFF22808173.jpeg

Back to “normal” now. :cheesygrinsmiley:

UPDATE

Future and HoodCandyz are officially in mason jars as of Friday, the 16th-day drying low and slow. I checked the humidity of two bags, one of each strain when I noticed the humidity in the fridge started to drop over a few days, 60-54%. When I jarred them the humidity was 66%RH. I burped them a couple of times since Friday the last time was Sunday and they are now at 62%RH with a boveda packet. I did get the humidity down too far at one point, and I brought it back up with an avocado peel, it was down to 53%. Smh
Now everything has been harvested. I've got a batch of two strains curing and another two strains drying low and slow inside of the mini-fridge, sandia sangria and Arise. I will now have 5 different strains to choose from. :yahoo:
BE4903E2-34C3-49AB-AF11-4FFF9D500FBE.jpeg

I have a feeling, oooh, oooh.... No really, I have a feeling the humidity is going to be my main problema, like no matter what stage I’m on. I'm going to have to look for a good humidifier.
A4F14BED-9EBB-4AC5-A53A-48EE48315731.jpeg

I'm not sure if I like my bud at 62%RH, I feel like it's a bit too dry for my liking. I want to try a jar or Two at 65%RH, this next batch (the pic is Future).

85E5FD81-C37A-4AE4-B0E9-50912F8F19B9.jpeg

I left most of the sugar leaves on the buds, this is Future.

62DA15E2-CED1-4F6A-B890-7E584212969B.jpeg

HoodCandyz

Those nugs look beautiful! Congrats on getting them done so well first time through.
Thanks, DonkeyD! I'm stoked with this drying method using the frost-free, mini-fridge in my case. And now onto curing. I'm all about the aroma and taste, so this will be a true test for me, a make it or break it sort of deal. If I can't get the curing down, then I'm going to have to opt-out of growing cannabis :thedoubletake:. I don't see the point if I cannot follow through. This makes me super nervous bc I really, really do love everything about cannabis, growing included. So, good luck and fingers crossed it all works out!:goodluck:

Update on progress round 3

Roll call will be the same bc it's perpetual.

Sandia sangria
HoodCandyz
Future
Arise
I'm still using FFHF with prescription blend.
They are currently in 1gal smart pots, moving into a 3gal as their forever pot, probably in a week or two.
29615D27-080C-4DDC-A03A-D1C8BF5BEFC5.jpeg

I've done some LST and super cropping, hoping to maintain an even canopy.

Congratulations on all those wonderfully frosty harvests!
I honestly couldn't have done without your guidance along the way. You're either sending a link to articles or threads here on 420 magazine, and making suggestions that are always on point, IMO, and I really do appreciate it! :thanks:

Look at you go!

And a journal of the month contender to boot!

You are moving up the grow rung quickly. Just don’t forget your friends who are still at the bottom when you get to the top.

Super proud of you.

#girlpower

Look at you go!

And a journal of the month contender to boot!

You are moving up the grow rung quickly. Just don’t forget your friends who are still at the bottom when you get to the top.

Super proud of you.

#girlpower
Who me, never!!!! :cheesygrinsmiley:, And you know, I have you to thank for my nomination. Thanks girlfriend for all your support, I really do appreciate it. I can certainly learn a thing or two by you, you're awesome! As a matter of fact, I tried carhooking for the first time earlier today lol, works like a charm.

56C3AAD1-5B66-4C8F-8F96-7ABF9F06369B.jpeg

:adore:

Hey y'all, I'm a little bit worried if my bud is curing properly. I opened the jars today, after about a week, and boy does it smell awful omg, I cant even explain it bc I've never smelled anything like it before in my life, like wtf is that? I'm hoping this is the process, and it will soon smell like it did before I jarred them, like candy or something sweet and yummy, compared to now. I swear I could just cry, please tell me it's going to be ok lol, please!:meditate:

Ps. The humidity is 61-62% with a boveda packet. The temp in the kitchen cabinet where I have them stored is 75%f, not sure if it matters.

Hey y'all, I'm a little bit worried if my bud is curing properly. I opened the jars today, after about a week, and boy does it smell awful omg, I cant even explain it bc I've never smelled anything like it before in my life, like wtf is that? I'm hoping this is the process, and it will soon smell like it did before I jarred them, like candy or something sweet and yummy, compared to now. I swear I could just cry, please tell me it's going to be ok lol, please!:meditate:

Ps. The humidity is 61-62% with a boveda packet. The temp in the kitchen cabinet where I have them stored is 75%f, not sure if it matters.
We are currently on the 11th day in the jars. I did burp them that first week bc they were 68%rh. This last week I didn’t open them at all. I’ve also had the boveda packet in the jars since the humidity went down to 62%. I can’t find anything telling me what I could of done wrong, so maybe this is me being impatient, and if I just trust the process and wait, maybe it’ll be ok. I tend to go straight for the panic button sometimes :laughtwo:

I tried carhooking for the first time earlier today lol, works like a charm.
Those look more like TraRocks than CarHooks!
I've never smelled anything like it before in my life,
Can you describe it anyway?
We are currently on the 11th day in the jars. I did burp them that first week bc they were 68%rh. This last week I didn’t open them at all. I’ve also had the boveda packet in the jars since the humidity went down to 62%. I can’t find anything telling me what I could of done wrong, so maybe this is me being impatient, and if I just trust the process and wait, maybe it’ll be ok. I tend to go straight for the panic button sometimes :laughtwo:
How many weeks were they in the fridge and how many weeks have they been out?

Those look more like TraRocks than CarHooks!
Lol I saw a picture of one of @Trala’s plants and it had rocks hanging like the one I did, and assumed it was carhooking lol (until I saw her post on carhook) I cannot seem to figure out why it’s called carhook, but it usually takes me a minute (forever) to catch on anyway lol, Either way it works for me! :high-five:
Can you describe it anyway?
Okay I’ll try; I’ve been thinking about it and the best way to describe it is stale chlorophyll x1000, it had a gas like smell, not gasoline but idk this is where I get stuck. When it first hit me I didn't think it was chlorophyll bc it was sooooo strong. I went to smell the bud in the fridge and I could smell chlorophyll, not as bad as the rachet smell from the jars. I've smelled chlorophyll before but nothing like this. So ofc I panicked lol thank God the smell isn't as strong anymore. I'll post an update so this post isn't too long.
How many weeks were they in the fridge and how many weeks have they been out?
They we're in the fridge 16 days when I jarred 2 bags checking the humidity, which settled at 68%rh. I went ahead with jarring bc I needed the fridge for the next 2 plants I harvested. I burped them until they hit 62%rh, then I put the 62% boveda packet in with them and sealed for a week when I noticed that smell, today is the 12th day jarred.

I cannot seem to figure out why it’s called carhook
They're called Carhooks because Carcass came up with them! If you click the link in Trala's sig you can see his post on how to make them.
it had a gas like smell, not gasoline
A number of varieties have a diesel smell, and there are folks who crave that smell in their buds! But is sounds like you may have sealed them too soon.
I burped them until they hit 62%rh
So 16 days in the fridge and then how many days before you sealed them? They might need another week of burping to get rid of any remaining chlorophyll.

Back
Top Bottom