Clones In Soil: Hybrid Perpetual Grow 2021/2022

Foxtails! :slide:

This is the second surge I talked about. They'll go another couple weeks if you want them to, and it'll be all fresh fat trichs. Unfortunately, bag appeal suffers, so ...

If you want to see what happens from here, I'd advise reducing daylight to 10 hours or less. That will help them fill out what they have and wrap it up.

This has been a great grow! Kudos!

:thumb:

I can't wait to hear how you like Sangria - great pedigree on that one.
Ok sound good, 2wks would be perfect actually. I don’t really care about bag appeal, so I think that’ll be fine. Anyway all bud is beautiful to me lol and if I don’t like it, then I simply won’t do it again lol I am willing to try most things at least once!
We are currently in the middle of week 12 bloom for these 2. I probably could have waited longer on the other 2 too but I really liked the high when we sampled and I didn’t want to risk couch lock. But I’m learning and patience has to be one of the main key tricks here, that’s for sure! I can see it getting easier and easier for me too.

Yeah, I have to agree this grow has been amazing, running really smoothly and I’m positive it’s bc the light upgrade to @Mars Hydro FC e-3000 and switching the nutrients to @Prescription Blend.

82E448FE-9DF5-4470-AB34-795854163737.jpeg

Hey, 420Giirl!

You seemed to have worked out your mini-fridge/bag issue, but I wanted to offer another option for you to think about down the road.

I too sometimes dry in a mini-fridge and I used to use paper bags to do it. Eventually I switched to Mason jars with premium cheesecloth screwed on to the top. Like this...
IMG_4108.jpg

Before jarring I cut all of the buds from the stems. (Sometimes before jarring them I'll let those buds sit in a large paper bag for 24 hours in RH of roughly 40% to give them a head start drying.)

Note that I don't fill up the jar. I leave enough room in there so that I can periodically go in the fridge and shake them up in order to keep them from clumping together.

It takes longer to dry them this way (4+ weeks at least) but it's become almost a "set it and forget approach" for me. I just need to go in and shake them up every now and them, usually 2-3 times weekly. And, luckily, I'm seldom in a hurry to get anything dried.

Even though my mini-fridge is frost-free, one problem I had with the paper bags is that if any part of the bag was touching a side wall of the fridge it would eventually get moist, and that moisture would be transferred through the bag and to the buds in that part of the bag. That really slowed things down and in one instance, I believe, led to moldy buds. That's no longer a concern with the jars.

Just thought I'd toss that out there.

Happy Growing (and Drying)!
Hey there GDB, how high are ya lol
I’m definitely going to try this out and just added cheese cloths to my cart. I noticed you said you cut the buds off the stems, was I supposed to leave the stem when drying in BPB, bc I cut the buds off the stem. :hmmmm:

Hey there GDB, how high are ya lol
I’m definitely going to try this out and just added cheese cloths to my cart. I noticed you said you cut the buds off the stems, was I supposed to leave the stem when drying in BPB, bc I cut the buds off the stem. :hmmmm:
That's the way I do it. It's much easier to get them into jars as just buds. I do the same if using BPBs.

would ya mind giving me some guidance as per usual or maybe send me a link? I’m so scared and excited at the same time, here are some of the things I’m wondering about or I’m not sure of, like I was gonna go ahead and try to get them to sprout in between two plates on a wet paper towel. Unless there is another way of sprouting that you can recommend? Should I soak them in water first? I’m also trying to figure out if I should use rock wool or pods once the seeds sprout a lil tail or if I should place them directly into FF soil. I’ll also be using a propagation tray for the seedlings.
I’m definitely going to need a step by step guide here.
There are so many different techniques for sprouting seeds that I can only tell you what I do.

I soak my seeds for 15 minutes in a 50/50 mix of distilled water and 3% H2O2. Then I put them in a bowl of plain distilled water someplace dark and warm. I use a small box on a heat mat, but on top of the DVR or router. I like them to be at 80° from soaking to sprout.

As soon as they crack I put them in peat pucks (with the bottom cover cut open so as not to trap the tail) about 3/8" down on their sides or tail down and cover the hole with peat. At that point I put it in a bright place and maintain an 80° environment.

When it breaks the surface I take the rest of the cover off the peat and plant it in a solo cup.

But that's just me!

Can you expand on reducing light at the end of flower?

Many of the landrace sativas, mostly from tropical stands where the daylight hours don't really change, have a different reaction to photoperiod. They'll bloom when conditions are right instead of being triggered by reduction of daylight. And the whole stand will usually bloom together. :cheesygrinsmiley:

When growing indoors, we force that by reducing daylight from the veg cycle to the bloom cycle, just like we do with indicas. But the genetics of sativas can prevent them from fully maturing without a little more of a nudge. They'll often just keep blooming in waves if they're healthy enough. (They get pollenated in the wild). If we reduce daylight even more though, they'll finish. Back in the 80s we grew pure Colombians indoors at 9/15 in order to finish them earlier. It helps them to halt the forever foxtailing.

:Namaste:

Oh no, I'm not sure what I should do. I checked the temperature in the fridge and it's 85rh and 41f. So I turned it down a little bit. Shouldn't it be going down by now?

Oh no, I'm not sure what I should do. I checked the temperature in the fridge and it's 85rh and 41f. So I turned it down a little bit. Shouldn't it be going down by now?
Honestly you’ll get the feel.

I ended up twisted with anxiety. Your worry is low humidity. As long as it’s up it won’t overdry. Look I’m no expert, but that’s what I found.

I ended up keeping a humidity log. But I think day 4 or 5, it drops. Then you have to watch for that dramatic drop. I found learning by feel helped. You can almost feel in the palm of your hand when they are ready.

Granddaddy Black can tell just by how his buds sound when he shakes the jar.

It's a slow method, 420giirl, one that might not suit you if you're looking for something to happen quickly! Just make sure those bags don't get any moisture on them. And if you feel the need to, take them out and let them sit outside of the fridge periodically. :Rasta:

Honestly you’ll get the feel.

I ended up twisted with anxiety. Your worry is low humidity. As long as it’s up it won’t overdry. Look I’m no expert, but that’s what I found.

I ended up keeping a humidity log. But I think day 4 or 5, it drops. Then you have to watch for that dramatic drop. I found learning by feel helped. You can almost feel in the palm of your hand when they are ready.

Granddaddy Black can tell just by how his buds sound when he shakes the jar.
Thanks, T! Sometimes that all I need is reassuring. I forget to take everything suggested with a grain of salt bc once things aren't going exactly as suggested, I tend to freak out a lil... lol. I am working on it though. In your experience when does the humidity tend to drop, like the last week or sooner?

It's a slow method, 420giirl, one that might not suit you if you're looking for something to happen quickly! Just make sure those bags don't get any moisture on them. And if you feel the need to, take them out and let them sit outside of the fridge periodically. :Rasta:
Oh no nothing like that, I'm just making sure I'm on the right track, I'm sorry if I'm coming off as inpatient or something. It's not the vibe at all! Although I can be very impatient at times, I promise this isn't one of those times lol I just want everything to be perfect, that's all. I'm in this for the long haul and hope for wonderful smelling, tasting medical cannibis. That's my goal!

I meant shouldn't it be going down and not up in humidity bc it was in the ’70s this whole time until today it jumped to 85%rh. So ofc I thought I did something wrong lol :hmmmm:

Thanks, T! Sometimes that all I need is reassuring. I forget to take everything suggested with a grain of salt bc once things aren't going exactly as suggested, I tend to freak out a lil... lol. I am working on it though. In your experience when does the humidity tend to drop, like the last week or sooner?
Day 4 or 5 ok got it! Just to be clear the humidity was in the 70s since they been in the fridge and today it was 85%rh omg I know why, it just dawned on me as I'm typing. It has to be bc I put these styrofoam little wedges in the fridge to separate the bags. I got them from a box my husband‘s medication is shipped in and I think they put them in there so the meds stay fresh bc the meds need to be refrigerated. So I'm thinking they might hold moisture and thats why the humidity jumped. I'm going to take them out now and find out for sure. But It is the only thing I changed or added to the fridge just last night. :passitleft:
image.jpg

Thought I was being creative :p

Wow, the humidity went back down to 73%. And I barely took out those pieces of styrofoam, not even 30 minutes ago. Ok, now I feel better.
Sorry about that! :snowboating:
B43D1868-1E25-49D4-A4FB-DAFF22808173.jpeg

Back to “normal” now. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I use a small box on a heat mat, but on top of the DVR or router. I like them to be at 80° from soaking to sprout.
I'll be using a router bc it's already in the grow room closet. Do I put the heat mat on top the router or is it one or the other?

Day 4 or 5 ok got it! Just to be clear the humidity was in the 70s since they been in the fridge and today it was 85%rh omg I know why, it just dawned on me as I'm typing. It has to be bc I put these styrofoam little wedges in the fridge to separate the bags. I got them from a box my husband‘s medication is shipped in and I think they put them in there so the meds stay fresh bc the meds need to be refrigerated. So I'm thinking they might hold moisture and thats why the humidity jumped. I'm going to take them out now and find out for sure. But It is the only thing I changed or added to the fridge just last night. :passitleft:
image.jpg

Thought I was being creative :p
Okay, so it wasn't these stupid styrofoam pieces making the humidity jump from 75%rh to 85%rh. It was bc I hadn't opened the fridge for about 12hrs. It was 85%rh again when I got up to check it today. I left the fridge open as I watched the humidity drop in seconds back to 71%rh. :rofl:
Omg the smell is insane, it hits me right in the face every time I open the garage door and even more so when I open the fridge. :surf:

Okay, so it wasn't these stupid styrofoam pieces making the humidity jump from 75%rh to 85%rh. It was bc I hadn't opened the fridge for about 12hrs. It was 85%rh again when I got up to check it today. I left the fridge open as I watched the humidity drop in seconds back to 71%rh. :rofl:
Omg the smell is insane, it hits me right in the face every time I open the garage door and even more so when I open the fridge. :surf:
I hear ya', 420giirl!

I absolutely love opening the fridge when there's weed drying in there. Smells so dank! :Rasta:

Tbh with mine it was the last two days. It went from 60’s/70’s to 40. When it got to 35% I took it out. Tbh scared the fuck out of me, it felt dry as dead leaves, but once it’s in the jar it plumps, and within 2 hours the humidity is up around 69%. From there I jar dry. Popping it out to air a couple of times a day.

Wow, the humidity went back down to 73%. And I barely took out those pieces of styrofoam, not even 30 minutes ago. Ok, now I feel better.
Sorry about that! :snowboating:
B43D1868-1E25-49D4-A4FB-DAFF22808173.jpeg

Back to “normal” now. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Oh, And I put humidity thingys in each bag.

Back
Top Bottom