22Naru 1st Adventure in Auto's Land With Mars II 700W - Organic

im at 10 inch with a 1600x5w and shes doing fine. i did tuck the branches down to 12 inches, but when the flowers form (day 12 of flower today) they will be within inches of the light. so ill see shortly when they start burning ;)

I&i

20141209_213158.jpg

heya good ppl, today is day for UPDATES :cheer:
my plats have 20 and 19 days already and i start to LST when they was 15/16 days old and today i will give them the first feed with nutes (Plant magic oldtimers grow 1ml / L+ roots stim.+molasses+CalMag ). I was suppose to feed them on day 14 but i messed up and i forgot to add Plant magic oldtimers grow in water ( i hope they will start to strech and will grow taller).

I would greatly appreciate it if you kindly give me some feedback.

Looking good.

Nice training! Have you considered defoliation, removing some of the fan leaves to get more light on the new growth?

Here is a thread with information and a nice how to so you may remove unnecessary leaves with confidence :)
Increasing yield with defoliation indoors: What's it mean? How to do it?

I have my Mars 1200 pretty close to the ceiling of my veg tent, and my plants are on the floor. Same with my 16's in the flower tent. Seedlings get started on a table, and then when they move into #1 pots, they get set on the floor. Several feet away from the light, no stretching. Plants are growing pretty much exactly the way I want them too.

I think the reason 18-24" is suggested is so all of the spectrums can mix and your plant can get it all. The thought is that is it's too close, the plant might not be getting the full spectrum and you don't really know then what part it's getting.

I like not needing to mess with the light all the time. I have a lot of plants so having the light just set and no need to move it is ideal for me :)

As you can see I have several feet between the canopy and the light :)
20141214_100852-2.jpg

Looking good.

Nice training! Have you considered defoliation, removing some of the fan leaves to get more light on the new growth?

Here is a thread with information and a nice how to so you may remove unnecessary leaves with confidence :)
Increasing yield with defoliation indoors: What's it mean? How to do it?

I have my Mars 1200 pretty close to the ceiling of my veg tent, and my plants are on the floor. Same with my 16's in the flower tent. Seedlings get started on a table, and then when they move into #1 pots, they get set on the floor. Several feet away from the light, no stretching. Plants are growing pretty much exactly the way I want them too.

I think the reason 18-24" is suggested is so all of the spectrums can mix and your plant can get it all. The thought is that is it's too close, the plant might not be getting the full spectrum and you don't really know then what part it's getting.

I like not needing to mess with the light all the time. I have a lot of plants so having the light just set and no need to move it is ideal for me :)

As you can see I have several feet between the canopy and the light :)
20141214_100852-2.jpg

heya, cheers sweetleaf :circle-of-love: :cheer::thanks:
i was reading and asking ppl who grow auto's and i found out if you put to much stress on the plant you'll have bad harvest but some guys did (defoliantion, transplantig,toppin, etc.) and they had good results to, but now depends of strains , skills, etc.
I will try to keep simple my grow, without to stress to much my plants and make them happy:).
Now about LED , thank you for sharing your information and i agree with you to keep the LED at manufacturer recommendations (they know more stuff and test before to sell to us ) and i put mine at 16 inch today:).

have a nice day :Namaste:

Great update 22naru, in sorry but I have to disagree with sweetleaf about defoliation with autos it will stress them out to much and they will get stunned and find it hard to recover just my 2 pence..

heya, cheers sweetleaf :circle-of-love: :cheer::thanks:
i was reading and asking ppl who grow auto's and i found out if you put to much stress on the plant you'll have bad harvest but some guys did (defoliantion, transplantig,toppin, etc.) and they had good results to, but now depends of strains , skills, etc.
I will try to keep simple my grow, without to stress to much my plants and make them happy:).
Now about LED , thank you for sharing your information and i agree with you to keep the LED at manufacturer recommendations (they know more stuff and test before to sell to us ) and i put mine at 16 inch today:).

have a nice day :Namaste:

Yep, sorry, :lot-o-toke:

I forgot we were talking about autos. I have found that once they are flowering, you can remove a few fans that are blocking the buds. I wouldn't remove more then probably 3-4 wait a day and then 3-4 more. I have always just let my autos be and I've had a 6.3ozauto and a 17gram atuo.

Once I get my veg and flower cycles going, I will do a run of autos that I plant to put through the ringer. Growing several autos I get the feeling they are a lot more resilient than they are giving credit for! The ruderalus is from Siberia, so I think they are fought little buggers.

I'm hoping by march or april to do another run with a bunch of autos. maybe 6 autos 3 from 2 strains. Have one of each that gets no training, one of each that gets heavy defol regularly and one that get's LST'd like a boss. It will be fun to see what these plants are made of. My gut feeling is that the autos that get messed with will produce better.

I would have to agree with the Welshmen in this case though. Thanks for catching that Wild! I did not mean to pass along a bad suggestion. :)

you shouldn't remove any leaves in bloom. pruning during veg might be beneficial (but I don't even believe in that because I know that leaves are sources which only provide for the plant). I have been telling kingjohnc for months that defoliation decreases yield, but he wouldn't listen to me. now that he decided to not defoliate in bloom he sees that his plants are much more productive.

Hi sweetleaf , were all here to help mate so dont sweet don't..the autos your planning sound awesome mate, maybe you could giver me a shot out when you start it and your always welcome over at my grow journal any time..

Yep, sorry, :lot-o-toke:

I forgot we were talking about autos. I have found that once they are flowering, you can remove a few fans that are blocking the buds. I wouldn't remove more then probably 3-4 wait a day and then 3-4 more. I have always just let my autos be and I've had a 6.3ozauto and a 17gram atuo.

Once I get my veg and flower cycles going, I will do a run of autos that I plant to put through the ringer. Growing several autos I get the feeling they are a lot more resilient than they are giving credit for! The ruderalus is from Siberia, so I think they are fought little buggers.

I'm hoping by march or april to do another run with a bunch of autos. maybe 6 autos 3 from 2 strains. Have one of each that gets no training, one of each that gets heavy defol regularly and one that get's LST'd like a boss. It will be fun to see what these plants are made of. My gut feeling is that the autos that get messed with will produce better.

I would have to agree with the Welshmen in this case though. Thanks for catching that Wild! I did not mean to pass along a bad suggestion. :)
no worries, i'm happy you share information here, this was my ideea to mix my grow journal with a lot of information from growers :).

PS: I will come with an UPDATE in next days ( and i did it... i took it out 2 leaves :) from one of my plants , and I'll report back how the plant react )

hello my friends :circle-of-love:

today ,my plants are on DAY 28th and 29th and they start to stretch like crazy in the last days. I have some issues with some of them , maybe i will sorted out with your help . I feed with nutes(Root stim+Cal/Mag+PM oldtimers grow...1/2 strenght ) every water and i try to keep the temp and RH at normal values : min 20 C- max 28 C and RH 40%- 70%- after watering. I keep the the LED light at 10'' from canopy of the tallest plant and the rest at 14"-16" from canopy. LST was ok , and i will keep doing another week or till the stretch is finished.

I would like some help to find out what can be the cause of burning leaves. :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom