3rd Grow: NYC Diesel & LA Confidential, Using Geoflora Nutrients

Hi buddy. You caught my eye with NYC diesel so hope you don't mind me pulling up a chair. The taste of NYCD has always been one of my top 3 flavours in weed. I've not had the guts to grow it myself as I'm a very heavy smoker and I'd be worried about it not doing the job without pressing or extraction. So not just interested in the yield/grow but also the strength of final product. So I'll be here for a while haha.
Good luck and much love. :green_heart:

Hi buddy. You caught my eye with NYC diesel so hope you don't mind me pulling up a chair. The taste of NYCD has always been one of my top 3 flavours in weed. I've not had the guts to grow it myself as I'm a very heavy smoker and I'd be worried about it not doing the job without pressing or extraction. So not just interested in the yield/grow but also the strength of final product. So I'll be here for a while haha.
Good luck and much love. :green_heart:
Hey thanks for joining along. This is gonna be my first photo grow so I'm gonna need a lot of assistance. I've been improving on every grow and I think I've got it down but I said that last time too and had some issues 2 weeks into flower. I'm planning on keeping half of this to vape the flower and all the popcorn buds are getting smashed into rosin. I've only tried the NYCD once before about 12 years ago and never was able to find it again, so I figured I would give it a shot.

Nice buddy be happy to help along the way if I can. I had similar experience with NYC diesel. I've found it stands out when it's been crossed even when it's multiple generations back. Must be a strong genetic trait to create the taste :)
Hey thanks for joining along. This is gonna be my first photo grow so I'm gonna need a lot of assistance. I've been improving on every grow and I think I've got it down but I said that last time too and had some issues 2 weeks into flower. I'm planning on keeping half of this to vape the flower and all the popcorn buds are getting smashed into rosin. I've only tried the NYCD once before about 12 years ago and never was able to find it again, so I figured I would give it a shot.

Day 5 for these ladies. 2 out of 3 looking great. The LA is still struggling to shed that seed shell but it looks like it split in half and is slowly opening up a bit so hopefully this seed falls off soon.
20210930_145418.jpg
20210930_145414.jpg
20210930_145410.jpg
20210930_145404.jpg

20210930_145418.jpg

20210930_145414.jpg

20210930_145410.jpg
Cute ladies my friend.
Might be time to up pot.
Those stems are getting long.
I'd put them a little deeper before they fall over. :Namaste:
Stay safe.
Bill

Cute ladies my friend.
Might be time to up pot.
Those stems are getting long.
I'd put them a little deeper before they fall over. :Namaste:
Stay safe.
Bill
I was just going to ask when to up pot these. I have 1 gallon pots and soil on its way so as soon as it arrives I will transplant them. Do you think going into 1 gallon and then finishing in 3 gallon will work? I am trying to keep them somewhat small to fit all 3 in the tent.

That should be fine maybe have to feed a touch more often if they grow big that's all lol
Thank you. I am overthinking this grow a bit. My hope is that if I keep them in 3 gal and not go up to a 5 or 7 that it will keep the plants a little smaller and more manageable. I'm a little worried about outgrowing this 4x4 but I'm sure it will work out

I was just going to ask when to up pot these. I have 1 gallon pots and soil on its way so as soon as it arrives I will transplant them. Do you think going into 1 gallon and then finishing in 3 gallon will work? I am trying to keep them somewhat small to fit all 3 in the tent.
Good morning my friend.
I've never been a fan of 3 gals. :Namaste:
Big roots = big fruits.
But you have to do what ever works for your setup. :thumb:
They aren't terrible just small for me but still work well.
Stay safe.
Bill

Good morning my friend.
I've never been a fan of 3 gals. :Namaste:
Big roots = big fruits.
But you have to do what ever works for your setup. :thumb:
They aren't terrible just small for me but still work well.
Stay safe.
Bill
Yeah I would prefer 5 or 7 gal but I'm just afraid since these are taller growing strains that I'm gonna end up with unruly monsters.

Yeah I would prefer 5 or 7 gal but I'm just afraid since these are taller growing strains that I'm gonna end up with unruly monsters.
I understand.
When you don't have room to train and spread them out it's hard.
Even in a 4x8 I still had crowding issues.
Stay safe.
Bill

Thank you. I am overthinking this grow a bit. My hope is that if I keep them in 3 gal and not go up to a 5 or 7 that it will keep the plants a little smaller and more manageable. I'm a little worried about outgrowing this 4x4 but I'm sure it will work out
Yeah don't worry 3 gallon isn't so small either I just like to go bit bigger. Tbh tho I'm planning on going down from 25 litre to 20 litre next time roughly 5 to 4 gallon as I think 25 is a bit over kill I less you are doing 6-8 week veg with heavy training and topping. I enjoy doing both but I think I can save myself some time and work by going down to 20 litre and doing 4 instead of 3 plants :)

Ok so today I am having transplant anxiety. A little nervous about taking these seedlings out of their solo cups this early. Thinking about letting them go a little longer before transplanting. I put a fan on them the other day to try and strengthen the stems and they seem strong and I dont think they're gonna fall over so I'm gonna put this off another week or until the leaves reach the side of the cup to be on the safe side

Personally I wait about 2 or3 weeks. But I use pretreated soil and start in 1 litre pot. At the point your are at now I'd have some wire 1 line on each side of the plant so it's supported and remove the propagation stuff and put a fan on them that's on super super low and far away so they start getting some slight movement but with support of the wires on either side. After few days will be alot stronger. Make sure humidity is still pretty high and temp is nice solid 25 Celsius. You can also get "silver line twisty tie 4.8mm" garden wire (available from a certain jungle website) you make a loup shape around the plant with the wire and stick it in soil next to the plant. Really easy way to support the plant at early germination made for purpose.

Personally I wait about 2 or3 weeks. But I use pretreated soil and start in 1 litre pot. At the point your are at now I'd have some wire 1 line on each side of the plant so it's supported and remove the propagation stuff and put a fan on them that's on super super low and far away so they start getting some slight movement but with support of the wires on either side. After few days will be alot stronger. Make sure humidity is still pretty high and temp is nice solid 25 Celsius. You can also get "silver line twisty tie 4.8mm" garden wire (available from a certain jungle website) you make a loup shape around the plant with the wire and stick it in soil next to the plant. Really easy way to support the plant at early germination made for purpose.
Thanks for the advice. I have my fan faced towards the corner of the tent so the wind hits the tent and not directly blowing on them.

Thanks for the advice. I have my fan faced towards the corner of the tent so the wind hits the tent and not directly blowing on them.
No worries buddy hope it helps :)
If you can invest in a propagator for next time I like the vents. Before I take the lid off I will open the vents bit by bit throughout the day and then next day remove the lid. Helps the plants get used to the outside air slowly

My dog got me up super early this morning and I was bored so the transplanting has been done into 1 gal pots. Didnt go great but hopefully they bounce back and I didnt sceew up too much. Had a tough time keeping the dirt around the roots intact and I ended up with a stem In my hand which I just gently held in the middle of the pot while I threw some dirt around it the best that I could. I threw a tbsp of geoflora veg in with the soil also. I guess we will find out later this week.
20211003_095617.jpg

Day 11 all 3 looking nice. The NYC seems to be growing the best so far, but all 3 look happy and much more vibrant after looking a little limp a few days after transplanting. Reading up on what method I wanna use for this grow. Gonna be using uncle Ben's topping method and waiting until the 6th node grows and then topping at the 2nd node to hopefully create 4 main colas.
20211006_095947.jpg
20211006_095942.jpg
20211006_095939.jpg
20211006_095934.jpg

Back
Top Bottom