4 Ladies In A 100 Gallon Fabric Bed, Organic Super Soil, 4x4 Tent, 1000W HID

Welcome aboard folks, great to have you here!!! :thanks::welcome:

Alrighty guys, I decided on my final companion plants, going to change it up a bit from the original drawing. The final candidates are:

Borage (will be planted in the center of the bed)

Stinging nettle

Chamomile

Yarrow

Basil (Thanks for the tip Hobrah!)

Feel free to read up on the benefits of each one, they all are there to theoretically increase potency/oil production/terps but I make no claims as to efficacy, I am trying this mainly for fun. I decided to skip the nitrogen fixers (clover and peas) because by the time they are established, the girls will be flowering and they need less N at that time.

In total there will be 9 plants in the tent, the 4 cannabis ladies and the 5 companion plants arranged between them. The companion plants are being seeded tomorrow in their starter pots :D

Gnite!
:Namaste:

ms.F, this sounds like an organic journey I would like to be a part of, please do carry on.....:passitleft:

Thanks Smeegol, my preciousssss!

Well, this morning hubby and I started the companion plants, same procedure as the cannabis: poke holes into soil 1/2 inch deep w/ pencil, drop in seed, water with dilute fulvic/humic solution.

Here are the 5 companion plant seed packs, placed over their respective pot:

We did not start the borage yet because that plant is a freaking beast and could take over. We will direct seed it into the big bed in a few weeks so the other plants can have a head start.

Here is the tent now with all the babies:

Will update as they continue to grow and sprout!

:Namaste:

Hey, I'm really interested in this. one thing though. drainage, drainage drainage. If you are doing 100 gallons of soil indoors your temps need to be PRETTY DAMN HIGH to evap that water in the soil. subcools recipe is top notch but I'd add more dolo lime if you arent gonna drain regularly, your ph will swing when it goes anerobic in the center of your pot.

My suggestion. use 4 different 7 gallons and be good. the lack of drainage will stunt your plants in the beginning and will take longer for your roots to form.

I just read your first post and your explanation why... more soil isnt always better. if you use smaller pots and water more often you will get more weed.

In regards to drainage, the soil is only 12 inches deep in the bed and will be sitting on top of dry hydroton. Therefore, the most anaerobic point anywhere in the soil would only be 6 inches away from either the top or bottom surface.

Originally I was going to try this as a wicking bed setup but decided against it for the reasons you mention.

Hey Frizz, welcome and such... Seen you around a little bit, and you got alot of heavy hitting advice so I will keep my comments to myself for now.... I was wondering what you plan was to navigate the tent after all is set up..??? Maybe I missed something, but it looks tight... I too am building and planning a huge, but seperated grow area for my attempt to move Perpetual indoors... Love the companion idea, and I use basil and rosemary.... My little experiment since Neem oil seems to be natures deterrent to mites, thripes, and other plant killers... Green days.... and to all

Hey Frizz, welcome and such... Seen you around a little bit, and you got alot of heavy hitting advice so I will keep my comments to myself for now.... I was wondering what you plan was to navigate the tent after all is set up..??? Maybe I missed something, but it looks tight... I too am building and planning a huge, but seperated grow area for my attempt to move Perpetual indoors... Love the companion idea, and I use basil and rosemary.... My little experiment since Neem oil seems to be natures deterrent to mites, thripes, and other plant killers... Green days.... and to all
Welcome Madd! Thanks for the question, the tent has flaps on either side so I am able to reach to the back for maintenance. Also I would slither underneath the SCROG net to trim bottom canopy leaves, its quite cozy under there! My previous grows filled up the entire tent but I was able to keep every cola groomed using those strategies :cheer:

How do you like the companion plants so far? Have you noticed a difference since planting the Basil & Rosemary?

Here is a quick update on the ladies, I added some crystals (quartz points and polished moss agate) to each pot. Some folks have had luck with crystals in their gardens, and they sure are pretty so I figure why not!

Some adorable 1 gallon fabric pots just arrived, I will transfer the ladies into them once their leaves reach the outside edge of their starter pots. Hopefully they will be ready for the 100 gallon bed a month from now!

:Namaste::thanks:

I shoulda known about the extra zipper... LOL... The companion idea has worked extremely well for me outdoors, and I plan to continue that practice inside... I dont go so far as to change clothes before entering my areas, they are still in build mode anyway, but I do dust off really well with a Swiffer duster... It just makes sense to assume if you go outside to get to your indoor grow you would come across bugs in between..
..... The crystal idea, hmmmm, never have however I do use them in everyday life... They shiny purdy... LOL..
..... I would be interested to know how well the 1 gal pots work for ya, as I am pretty well set on using those for final grow pots in my grow... They are a bit smaller than most use on here, which would indicate to me that they make the association with bigger pots and bigger harvests... IDK but I have never really went for Big Harvest, moreso Quality Harvest... I guess I prefer a High Quality 4 zips, as apposed to 6 or 7 Nice looking zips... I am affraid however that I would only get a zip or so, which is unacceptable for a 140+ day grow.. Some on here are Happy with that, Ehhhhh, to each their own... No negative thoughts from me, just not my style... Green Days.. and to all

I shoulda known about the extra zipper... LOL... The companion idea has worked extremely well for me outdoors, and I plan to continue that practice inside... I dont go so far as to change clothes before entering my areas, they are still in build mode anyway, but I do dust off really well with a Swiffer duster... It just makes sense to assume if you go outside to get to your indoor grow you would come across bugs in between..
..... The crystal idea, hmmmm, never have however I do use them in everyday life... They shiny purdy... LOL..
..... I would be interested to know how well the 1 gal pots work for ya, as I am pretty well set on using those for final grow pots in my grow... They are a bit smaller than most use on here, which would indicate to me that they make the association with bigger pots and bigger harvests... IDK but I have never really went for Big Harvest, moreso Quality Harvest... I guess I prefer a High Quality 4 zips, as apposed to 6 or 7 Nice looking zips... I am affraid however that I would only get a zip or so, which is unacceptable for a 140+ day grow.. Some on here are Happy with that, Ehhhhh, to each their own... No negative thoughts from me, just not my style... Green Days.. and to all

Yeah I agree, quality is more important than quantity. :cool:

I am hoping that with a massive space for their roots to stretch out and interact with the other plants and microbes, they will have a nice complex terpene profile and experience explosive growth in late veg/flowering. I will be manifolding them to 16 tops each before switching to flower, which has helped out with yields a lot in my previous two grows.

Thanks Madd!

Hiya folks, it's been a week or so and I transplanted the ladies into 1 gallon pots. Their roots were poking out the bottom holes and it is better to transplant early than wait to become totally rootbound! So they are in new homes now, and have just started growing their 2nd pair of leaves :circle-of-love:

I watered them in with a mix of friendly bacteria and Fox Farms Big Bloom 0-0.5-0.7 at 1/4 concentration for a bit of phosphorus to help promote new root growth.

The ladies will stay in these 1 gal fabric pots for about a month or so, then they are going into the 100 gallon bed along with the companion plants. Still waiting on the chamomile and stinging nettle to pop, send them lots of love!

Oh also I moved the light up, turns out it was only 24 inches above the plants and it should have been 36 inches +. So they got bleached a bit but are recovering now, hehe :cheer:

Have a great afternoon everyone!

:thanks::Namaste:
~TheFrizz

Back
Top Bottom