4 Ladies In A 100 Gallon Fabric Bed, Organic Super Soil, 4x4 Tent, 1000W HID

Loving the experiment here . I have organite pucks for plants in my pots too. They def help during rooting. The pucks have a few metals and crystals in and i do feel they have been useful to dat. My ladies are doing better than any crop i have previously done. Companion is a great jig too. In for the ride here

Thanks everybody!! Ganjagrandaddy your girls look so frosty and beautiful, I'll bet it smells amazing in there! Glad to hear these techniques have been working for you!

The girls are sprouting their 3rd pair of true leaves now, I will transfer them into the big bed in about 2 weeks or so. My husband is still getting the garage ready for us to move the tent/soil in.

Here are some pics of the ladies today, new growth looking nice and green :circle-of-love:

Strawberry Kush
Pineapple Haze
Blueberry
Gold Leaf

Companion plants, the basil and yarrow are looking very healthy. Still waiting on the chamomile and nettle to come up, I might reseed, but if needed I can always transplant some into the big bed from my herb garden outside.

Got my lux meter back from a friend, it turns out I had the light too close so I moved it up another foot, they are getting about 40,000 lumens now instead of 70k, which is much better suited for babies. I think they were struggling at first because the light was too intense.

Next update in a week or so!
:thanks::Namaste:
~TheFrizz

All looking good. I remember a long while back , a hash that was being punted around grown apparently among Coca plants as companions. The hash was called double zero and was very oily and potent. Thought it was " tall tale to sell hash" back then but could well have been some truth in there somewhere now.
My ladies are so close to harvest now and the Viva is strong too. Roll on
Thanks
Chair pulled up for this diary.

Hiya Frizz,

Nice jurnal. I'm intrigued by the companion planting concept. I'm definitely watching your journal to see how this concept plays out. Interesting! Cya

ms.Frizz, top o the morning to you, condolences to your husband lugging all your equipment to the garage.....lol
Your 3 little girls, blueb, p-Apple and gold leaf, I see a blit of yellowing, I'm also all natural and I fed my girls some kelp aerated tea...
Or you can put some kelp powder and water in a 2lt bottle and shake every now and then and let it steep a bit and give it to your girls and their companions and they'll start skipping for you...

It took 2 days and yellowing was gone, but then I've never tried kelp tea before, only learnt about it here the last cpl months....

Happy green day to you....

Thanks so much Bode, welcome aboard!!

ms.Frizz, top o the morning to you, condolences to your husband lugging all your equipment to the garage.....lol
Your 3 little girls, blueb, p-Apple and gold leaf, I see a blit of yellowing, I'm also all natural and I fed my girls some kelp aerated tea...
Or you can put some kelp powder and water in a 2lt bottle and shake every now and then and let it steep a bit and give it to your girls and their companions and they'll start skipping for you...

It took 2 days and yellowing was gone, but then I've never tried kelp tea before, only learnt about it here the last cpl months....

Happy green day to you....

Thanks Smeegol, I will give it a shot if they don't improve over the next few days. I think I have actually been overwatering them, I read that a symptom is yellow leaves. It's just so hard to resist the urge to "tinker"...with hydro there was always something to do haha. I will leave them alone for a few days and see if their color darkens up.

Hiya Slowpuffer, I agree it will be tight in there! My previous grows with 4 plants in a 4x4 filled up the whole tent, but light still was reaching the bottom canopy in spots. Hopefully with a bit of LST and perhaps supercropping, I can arrange the plants so everything is getting light! If not...well, then the companion plants will die and become part of the soil to nourish the ladies. :love: I am ok with either outcome.

Welcome aboard HempFire and Dankman, great to have you here!! :thanks:

Over the last few days, we have been putting the final touches on getting the tent set up in the garage. My husband built a frame for the tent on wheels (can hold min 800 lbs) so that we can move it around the garage! Then if he needs to work on a car or something we can make space. He also built a panel on the side for cable management and to hold the fan, which will make it easy to drag around without getting lines tangled. :love::love::love: I am so thankful he has recently picked up woodworking as a hobby! Much better than Overwatch :p

Last night I layered the super soil at the bottom of the fabric bed (about 7 inches deep) and made 4 rounded holes, then put the base soil on top. This way the ladies they won't be in contact with the super soil until their roots have grown out a ways. I added Mykos and Great White to each hole before planting. Watered the mix with compost tea to get things going. :cheer:

Next steps are to get the companion plants transplanted/seeded and then bury a handful of worms to keep the soil nice and aerated. Hopefully the worms in conjunction with the 6 inches of Hydroton at the base of the bed for drainage will be sufficient to keep the bottom of the soil moist but not soggy after a watering.

Thanks everybody, as always, questions, comments, and feedback are welcome!
:thanks::Namaste:
~TheFrizz

im gonna keep my mouth shut on this one except for the fact you are going to have a hell of a time draining that thing.
you didnt let them grow out of their 1 gals before transplanting. I kept mine in 8 oz cups until they were bigger than that.

but, good luck.

like you just added a month of veg time.
I know I'm coming off like a dick but....

I told you 5 gallon smart pots have a 2 day watering window even when the plant has enough roots to suck the water up. you are going to create an anerobic environment that will kill your microbes and stunt root growth and give you crazy swings because you are going to create soup if you water more than once a week.
by not letting the plants grow to the smaller environment first you force the plant to focus just on roots until it fills the pot, and with not enough fresh flow of nutes/water and oxygen. it wont dry out in time and your veg time increases to make up for stunted roots.

I cant delete my comment. i know Im a dick but its simple 101 stuff I tried to help you with earlier.

if I'm wrong I'll delete my account.

Thanks for the feedback regarding watering guys! Yeah that is my main concern as well, really hoping that adding worms will help to keep the middle aerated just like they do in my raised beds in the yard. But if the plants do drown, well, at least the hard work is done and next time I would just veg them longer first. Got plenty more seeds!

Speaking of veg time, these will stay in veg until I have mainlined/manifolded them into 16 tops each, so I'm thinking they will need at least 3 months or more til flipping to flower. My hydro gals stayed in veg for about 2.5 months, these will be closer to 4 months total, we'll see how they compare yield and quality wise. :Namaste:

Mainlining does take a while so yeah. shouldn't really hurt you then :) sorry for being gumpy lol

All good! :ganjamon: Your input is always valued here :love:

Today, I put in the companion plants/seeds, the basil got transplanted in and I seeded the other 3 (Yarrow, Stinging Nettle, and Chamomile) into Rapid Rooters and placed a mini "greenhouse" on top of each. They should emerge within the next 2 weeks.

Basil: Front
Chamomile: Right
Yarrow: Left
Stinging Nettle: Back (cause it stings! I don't wanna be reaching over that :p)

Borage: Will go into center in a month or so, it gets huge (5 feet tall with 2 inch thick stems) so I want to let everything else get a head start

I was reading and some folks have claimed to have reduced plant stress/improved nutrient uptake with systems that "ground" your indoor plants by connecting them to the Earth but I didn't want to pay like 50 bucks so decided to Macguyver it. I ripped the right prong off an old cord and kept the left prong and the ground, & stripped the other end. So, it can't electrocute since the circuit is incomplete, but it is still connected to the Earth via the outlet. Much easier than running a copper wire all the way outside and into the dirt!

The crystals are added to facilitate energy flow from the buried wire across the soil. Quartz is said to store and release energy out from the pointed tips, moss agate is supposed to improve plant health, and shungite negates harmful emissions from electromagnetic radiation. Who knows if it will help the final yield/quality, but at the very least they are pretty and I am having fun with it!

Tomorrow I will be adding a groundcover of red clover seeds, they are a great nitrogen fixer and will help the soil maintain quality throughout the grow. :cheer:

Goodnight everyone!
:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom