4 Ladies In A 100 Gallon Fabric Bed, Organic Super Soil, 4x4 Tent, 1000W HID

Hi folks, so it has been a couple weeks, I still haven't watered the bed yet, they have just been growing out their 8 tops.

Here are a few pics showing the progress, individual shots to come after training! Speaking of training, yes I am manifolding the basil too, it will be hilarious to see a 16 top basil plant!

I will be turning Pineapple into 16 tops soon, and probably watering for the first time with some compost tea here soon.

As always, questions, comments, and feedback are welcome!
:thanks::Namaste:
~TheFrizz

I thought we lost you. Good to see you back. Your grow looks great and 16 tops will be amazing!
Absolutely classic!! Double shaka for that!!
top of the morning to you ms.Frizz and no need to panic as I called off the search and smoke team I sent after you....haha
I see the girls are looking stunning really top notch work so far and that basil is genius ....haha

Have a great evening and regards to the other half..

Thanks guys, it's good to be back! :circle-of-love: Munchkin is going through the 4-5 month old sleep regression and waking every 40 mins at night so I have been kinda zonked haha. Finally got around to updating while he was napping :p

I am super excited about the basil as well, hopefully it doesn't go to seed with all this light and heat. It tastes better than any basil I have grown before, very potent flavor/ terpenes, hopefully an indicator of quality for the other ladies as well!

Hiya Frizz,

I'm glad you're back. I enjoyed your journal. Your ladies look exceptional!

Seems to be a great year for basil. I've made pesto twice already, and have enough for a few more batches. So Good!!

Thanks everybody!! Ganjagrandaddy your girls look so frosty and beautiful, I'll bet it smells amazing in there! Glad to hear these techniques have been working for you!

The girls are sprouting their 3rd pair of true leaves now, I will transfer them into the big bed in about 2 weeks or so. My husband is still getting the garage ready for us to move the tent/soil in.

Here are some pics of the ladies today, new growth looking nice and green :circle-of-love:

Strawberry Kush
Pineapple Haze
Blueberry
Gold Leaf

Companion plants, the basil and yarrow are looking very healthy. Still waiting on the chamomile and nettle to come up, I might reseed, but if needed I can always transplant some into the big bed from my herb garden outside.

I will never again bring anything from outside into my grow room. I'm interested in your outcome. I grow 4 plants each grow in my 4x4 tents, and i don't have room for any thing else. I have to trim to let the light penetrate and I don't have any room left for companion plants. By the time this fabric tent colapses, at least 8 inches on all 4 walls. I figure in a 4x4 tent, the actual grow area is more like 3x3.. Tent mfgers must start building support into all 4 sides. 4 extra cross pieces can't cost that much ? I hope it works for you, but I'm skeptical ? My back is hurting, just thinking about lugging all that soil up to second floor !! I dropped 6 new seeds (Inzane in the membrane) yesterday and they broke surface this morning, so I'm doing 10 gal fabric pots & Coast of Maine super soil. Maybe we can compare growth rates and such. This is my 1st. totally organic grow. I will be using only coast of Maine organic ferts, about every two weeks. Good luck and subbed..

Got my lux meter back from a friend, it turns out I had the light too close so I moved it up another foot, they are getting about 40,000 lumens now instead of 70k, which is much better suited for babies. I think they were struggling at first because the light was too intense.

Next update in a week or so!
~TheFrizz

Hiya Frizz,

I'm glad you're back. I enjoyed your journal. Your ladies look exceptional!

Seems to be a great year for basil. I've made pesto twice already, and have enough for a few more batches. So Good!!

Thanks Bode! Good to know about the basil, pesto sounds yummy, I need to plant some more outside!

Hiya Slowpuff, how exciting to start your first organic grow too! I agree, 4 plants in a 4x4 really does fill up the whole tent. The companion plants will just have to make do with light from the lower canopy, maybe that will help keep them from going to seed since it won't be as much heat/direct light :) Looking forward to following your babies!

So how about an update ? Hope you're ok ?? Green thoughts !!
Must be getting full in there.
Oh snap! TheFrizz Is Back! :) Congrats on the offspring and sounds like you are doing well...glad I found this journal! Looking forward to an update.

Hi friends, thanks for checking in and sorry for the late reply, there is good news! We are going to be moving to a farmhouse with 1.5 acres in the middle of the city:cheer: It's only 10 minutes away from where we currently live, but has about 50 times more yard space, so we can try growing cannabis outside finally! We also want more space for critters (ducks, rabbits, pigs, maybe a small cow) and a bigger veggie garden.

Now as far as this current grow goes, well, we didn't want to have a MJ tent in our garage if we are going to have potential buyers coming through the house. So a few nights ago we wheeled the tent over to the neighbors (thank you hubby for creating a mobile tent!!) and the ladies will finish growing in their garage.

The most recent training has been turning the other 3 ladies into 16 tops and bending them outwards using landscape prongs and garden wire to hold them in place.

Here they were a couple weeks ago before training:

During:

Here they are after filling out again, they all have 16 tops now, yay! Sorry they are a bit droopy, took these pics while the ladies were still waking up.

Here is a side shot, as you can see, Pineapple is dominating with her sativa structure, Blueberry is much shorter and more compact which makes sense, she is indica. I will do some "equity training" before the flip to flower so that the canopy is even.

I will probably flip them to flower in a week or so, or as soon as they fill most of the lateral space in the tent. Then it's stretchhhh time and 64 nice fat colas!

As always, questions, comments, and feedback are welcome!
~TheFrizz

Wow bout time for an update.... Taking your time on these B's huh???? Nice training, now torture time... LOL good stuff girl..

Haha thank you Madd...definitely been taking it slow! I wanted to see if soil grown plants could take this level of defol/pruning, some on the forums said these methods were best kept to hydro, but I think these ladies have responded even better than my hydro girls to the vigorous training tbh! Slower growth for sure but they are healthier.

They look really healthy.

Why thank you Slowpuff! I am very happy with how the big bed is doing health-wise for them in veg, we shall wee how they do during flower! Been giving them just plain water from the garden hose (with a chlorine filter).

Congrats on the new house and having neighbors who will let you use there house!

Woo hoo, thank you MrLoveGrow!! We are super excited too, I want to build a giant greenhouse on the property to try growing some cannatrees! It has been fun having the ladies at the neighbors so far, I just water once a week and check on them every couple days. I thought the plants would miss me, maybe just a little, but they seem perfectly content with their new guardians :p

Haha thank you Madd...definitely been taking it slow! I wanted to see if soil grown plants could take this level of defol/pruning, some on the forums said these methods were best kept to hydro, but I think these ladies have responded even better than my hydro girls to the vigorous training tbh! Slower growth for sure but they are healthier.

Why thank you Slowpuff! I am very happy with how the big bed is doing health-wise for them in veg, we shall wee how they do during flower! Been giving them just plain water from the garden hose (with a chlorine filter).
Does that chlorine filter, work as well, as letting water set for 24 hrs.? Didn't know they even was such a beast.

Woo hoo, thank you MrLoveGrow!! We are super excited too, I want to build a giant greenhouse on the property to try growing some cannatrees! It has been fun having the ladies at the neighbors so far, I just water once a week and check on them every couple days. I thought the plants would miss me, maybe just a little, but they seem perfectly content with their new guardians :p

Back
Top Bottom