4 Ladies In A 100 Gallon Fabric Bed, Organic Super Soil, 4x4 Tent, 1000W HID

Hey Frizz I’ve been following your journals since starting to research how I was going to grow myself about two years ago. This is my first post but I just had to say you’ve been a big influence in my style and just a big thank you for all the pictures and info you share. Your plants are looking superb as always.

Actually was reading through this and going to say the same as Lewy above. massive inspiration and ive read your first journal many months back. my first grow will be starting in a month or two and is essentially the same as your Hydro grow with 4x16 tops under 1000w.. except im doing 2 tents.
this is making me want to try soil one day, its an awesome idea with the supporting plants and massive root space. cant wait to see it come harvest!!

Good question about the chlorine filter, I have no idea tbh. I need to look into some way to test the ppm of chlorine.

The ladies are doing great at our neighbors place! We have been in the process of moving the last few weeks so my computer isn't set up yet. We'll see how this goes posting from my phone.

I switched the light to 1000w HPS and 12/12 schedule about 1.5 weeks ago. Did some pretty heavy defoliation to get some light deeper into the plants. Well of course they just bushed out again in a few days...crazy girls! So then I did a bit more defol yesterday. Here are pics, will do a better update in a week or so when my computer is up and running:

Edit: Looks like they posted in reverse order haha, the most recent ones are with the HPS light, oldest ones with no light. 20180922_105031.jpg20180922_103223.jpg20180922_103212.jpg20180922_103204.jpg20180922_103156.jpg20180922_103109.jpg20180918_161309.jpg20180916_113152.jpg20180909_164008.jpg

Hey Frizz I’ve been following your journals since starting to research how I was going to grow myself about two years ago. This is my first post but I just had to say you’ve been a big influence in my style and just a big thank you for all the pictures and info you share. Your plants are looking superb as always.

Wow, thank you Lewy, that means a lot! I just checked out your grow, that is a beautiful frosty goddess you have there! I like seeing those extreme defol pics and then releafing in a few days :cheer:

Actually was reading through this and going to say the same as Lewy above. massive inspiration and ive read your first journal many months back. my first grow will be starting in a month or two and is essentially the same as your Hydro grow with 4x16 tops under 1000w.. except im doing 2 tents.
this is making me want to try soil one day, its an awesome idea with the supporting plants and massive root space. cant wait to see it come harvest!!
Glad to have you back Frizz!
That is one crazy full tent, even with the defol. how hard is it reaching under those beauties without dsmaging them/the supplemental plants

Hi there ThinkBig, thank you so much, it feels good to get other people excited to grow! That sounds like an awesome setup with the dual tents and 128 total main colas....drool :drool:I'd love to tag along once you get started!

As far as reaching into the tent, it is definitely a challenge now, I just have to be dainty and make use of the side flaps. I figure if I break anything or damage a bud, I'll just pretend it was intentional supercropping or backbuilding...mwahaha. The companion plants are completely dwarfed by the cannabis now, I think there is a pic of the basil a bit later in tonights post.

Speaking of a crowded tent, here are the beautiful ladies! My computer is hooked up now so back to the full size pics, yay!

It is now almost two weeks into flowering, I switched the light on Sept 17th. Got some pics today with lights off, they are looking very healthy and happy! The smell is starting to pick up, I am getting a lot of blueberry and light floral notes. Still just been giving them plain filtered water, about once a week or so. Might give them some molasses water later on in flower as a tasty treat. :love:

I will try to update about once a week until harvest. Estimated chop time is around late October. I am considering doing a gradual harvest, taking off the top colas first and letting the rest fatten up for a few more days. If anyone else has tried this please let me know how it went!

As always, questions, comments, and feedback are welcome!
:thanks::Namaste:
TheFrizz

Wow look at the size of those trunks, you'll be able to chop them up for logs when you're finished! You're going to have some massive colas with that support. I can't wait to see how this turns out. I've never done a gradual harvest but when you think about how we take fruit or veg from the garden it seems crazy not to.

Wow look at the size of those trunks, you'll be able to chop them up for logs when you're finished! You're going to have some massive colas with that support. I can't wait to see how this turns out. I've never done a gradual harvest but when you think about how we take fruit or veg from the garden it seems crazy not to.

Right?! It does make sense- the oldest fruits ripen first, just with cannabis we need a magnifier to tell if they are ripe. On a commercial level, gradual harvesting is not sustainable, but I bet it will really help the bottom to mid canopy buds fatten up if they get an extra week of light.

Lol. What happened to the training ? Seems like 2 weeks ago you had 16 controlled tops ;)

Hahah, good question, I was wondering the same thing! After the defol a couple weeks ago, their side shoots really took off. In previous grows I lollipopped them up to the middle canopy to keep things clean but I am going to keep the lower growth this time to try the gradual harvest method. So, there should still be 16 fat colas from each plant, they just have some lil friends tagging along for the ride :D

Just found this and I like what I see. Nice set-up Frizz, and welcome to 420magazine! I've always thought about doing exactly what you are doing with the 100 gallon soft pot. Or maybe a sort of raised bed style using 12"x12" lumber, or something to that effect. Anyways, I admire your courage for trying something new. Good growing! :)

Awwe, thanks Sparks, I appreciate it! It's always fun to try new things: either it goes the way you want and you win, or it goes completely wrong and you learn a lot from the experience and still win!

Late sub on this journal but I've read all your other journals looking forward to this one as well

Welcome aboard Phaaaze and thank you!! Just in time for the best part!

Alrighty folks, we are about 3-4 weeks into flowering at this point. I did some moderate defol last night to expose the top 8-12 inches of each cola and try to get more light into the lower canopy. There are still plenty of leaves, I will do some more grooming in about 2 weeks.

Before defol:

After:

I think they are mostly done stretching, just gotta get nice and fat now! I will be snipping the top colas in late Oct/early Nov. Then I will lower the light and harvest the rest of the buds about 1.5 weeks after the tops. Hopefully then we can get dense sticky nugs all the way down!

As always, questions, comments, and feedback are appreciated!
:thanks::Namaste:
~TheFrizz

Woohoo, thanks for the positive comments folks! :circle-of-love: BigSparks, you are right on the money, they are starting to get plump now and the tent smells intoxicatingly sweet! Stronger by far than the aroma from my hydro grows at this stage of flowering.

On Saturday I mixed 2 tbsp of molasses with 5 gallons of water and gave them their first taste of sugar. Hopefully this will help with aroma and yield a bit more (although I am quite happy with these ladies already)!

The light was on when I went to water so it's hard to see the frostiness, but you can get a sense of how they are starting to fatten up.

This is one of the smaller colas on Pineapple with my hand for scale. I am hoping for them to be fist-sized in a few weeks!

Next week I will give them molasses water again and do a bit more defol. This time I will focus on the mid canopy and try to get more light into the depths of each plant.

As always, questions, comments, and feedback are welcome and appreciated! :thanks::Namaste:
~TheFrizz

Back
Top Bottom