4 Super Skunk, 4x4, 1000W

Well from harvest i burp 3 times a day for 3 mins each time, 2 weeks later at 2 times a day, then 1 month at once per day every 4 days then once a week after that for 3 mins, works great for me and my buds always stay nice and oily, one thing i cant stand is crispy bud, thats one of many reasons i stopped buying and growing myself.

I have read, with boveda, it isn't really necessary. I would do it, just to be on the safe side.

I think the only reason i do it is sometimes my buds smell so sweet at harvest but then a few days they start to lose it, but having said that they do come back extra strong after the 3rd or 4th week, taste is exceptional with organics a friend grows, thats why im hoping to convert if and only if the yield is not that bad.

Yeah, im not a fan of having to burp jars every day, especially when you have over 75 to do daily .

I did most of the initial cure for my last grow in gallon zip lock bags just for this reason. I had about 30 ounces and it was just too much work with jars. The bags seem to have done a fine job. You can fit about 4-5 ounces in each zip lock. After the burping was done, I put the buds in vacuum sealed jars for long term storage.

Iv tried zip lock bags but they left a faint taste aswell as smell on the buds may of just been the bags i used but they did say they were for food, now glass is totally different for me, works great, i say its a chore but i would say i love it, yeah i have 5oz jars with 3oz bud in each.

Hello all!

Just wondering what peoples opinions are on yield for my next garden grow, wanting to hit a target of 25oz.

So iv yielded 21.3oz in a 4x4 under a 600w HPS with an optimal temp of 25c 30-50% HM throughout flower.

This next garden grow is at a 6-8 week veg from initial 1st node under a T5, then i can switch to a 600w MH bulb, 20L pots, coco/perlite mix 70/30 mix, 3x 700ml feeds daily in veg near the 6-8 week mark, then 3x 1L feeds daily in flower hopefully.

So if i can ask you please @Cultivator if its doable and what would you change?

The nutrients im using are:

BioBizz Bio-Grow (As a base Nutrient)
Canna Boost
Canna PK 13/14
Advanced Nutrients Big Bud
Advanced Nutrients B52
Advanced Nutrients Voodoo Juice
Advanced Nutrients Rhino Skin
Advanced Nutrients Overdrive (not pictured)
House & Garden Root Excelurator
Mother Pukka Budwiser
Mother pukka PK 18/20
Terpinator

Thanks all!

I have read that 1 gram per watt is the average yield from a tent. Now if you do everything perfect, I imagine you can increase that some.

You are already at 604 grams (give or take a little). If you want 25 oz (708grams) that is 116% of your wattage.

I'm not saying it can't be done, for I'm not an expert by any means. But I would think, to get that much more, you will need more watts.

Just what I've read. I'm not a heavyweight grower or experienced.

Sorry iv made a mistake, i put 600w instead of the 1000w.

Oh, then you have some room to go. But I would think it's about getting things perfect, which is hard to do.

Keep us apprised of how it goes next run.:thumb:

Hello all!

Just wondering what peoples opinions are on yield for my next garden grow, wanting to hit a target of 25oz.

So iv yielded 21.3oz in a 4x4 under a 600w HPS with an optimal temp of 25c 30-50% HM throughout flower.

This next garden grow is at a 6-8 week veg from initial 1st node under a T5, then i can switch to a 600w MH bulb, 20L pots, coco/perlite mix 70/30 mix, 3x 700ml feeds daily in veg near the 6-8 week mark, then 3x 1L feeds daily in flower hopefully.

So if i can ask you please @Cultivator if its doable and what would you change?

The nutrients im using are:

BioBizz Bio-Grow (As a base Nutrient)
Canna Boost
Canna PK 13/14
Advanced Nutrients Big Bud
Advanced Nutrients B52
Advanced Nutrients Voodoo Juice
Advanced Nutrients Rhino Skin
Advanced Nutrients Overdrive (not pictured)
House & Garden Root Excelurator
Mother Pukka Budwiser
Mother pukka PK 18/20
Terpinator

Thanks all!

Well first of all its possible BUT its not easy and often when buds start exceding 1gram per watt the quality is usually compromised. I average 15-18oz dry per 600w hps light sonethimes i get more and sometimes less but thats the ballpark im at.

Normally when people tell me they are hitting more than 20+ oz per 600w lamp they are either lying, growing only a few plants and have lots of tike to tend to their small garden or the weed is still damp when they weigh it. Again its not to saybit cant be done but 25 per 600w lamp is a tough act. I hit 28 once back in 2009 or 2010 off the AMS that was off 2 plants grown in dwc.

Anything over 20oz dry is good going and strain has a lot to do with it and so does the amount of airflow the plants get, thats a big one that is often neglected as people tend to tbink of extraction as temp control. Fresh air and co2 is the 2nd most important thing after light. Light and airflow are what boost yields, not fancy feeds. Another way to boost yield is o2 in the rootzonè. This can be achieved in several ways but the easiest way in coco is to multifeed daily with nutrient at temperature of 69f. This means the water is holding onto optimal amounts of o2 and its replaced in the ròotzone often if multifed. Watch a coco plant thats fed once per day versus one thats multifed, huge diff.

Good luck.

Thanks for that @Cultivator yes i put 600w instead of 1000w, thats what ill be using next time.

Im constantly tending to the plants daily as i work from home, the 21.3oz i hit was from northern lights from RQS, the reason i started growing is because of buying it still damp, no worse feeling then trying to grind bud in that condition, i always make sure i keep a nice 2-3" between each plant for air flow as well as a 6" intake to help with airflow fresh from the window.

I will also be feeding 3 times daily too, im currently doing it now and the difference like you stated is a true given fact for what looks like a better final result.

Just a little update.

The 4 seedlings are doing pretty well day 7 from breaking through the coco, i think there taking to the T5 okay.

Im also now feeding them 2ml of BioBizz Bio-Grow at 2ml to 1L, Mother Pukka Budwiser 0.5ml to 1L & House and Garden 0.3ml to 1L.

Thanks for stopping by!
Is your album for viewing by album owner only?

We can't see the pictures. It's a problem. You may have to make a new folder...... sorry. I've found no way to change the setting on a folder.

Update day 20 of journal.

So iv transplanted them into 20L pots and gave them some great white.

Had a few problems but i will try to pull them through, iv also started using Advanced Nutrients Sensi Grow a&b instead of running BioBizz Bio-Grow, but whats is peoples opinions on using BioBizz Bio-Grow in the last 4 weeks of flower to cut down on the amount of salts.

They are now under a 250w MH bulb, temps good as well as HM.

Thanks for taking a look.

Nice looking plants. I'm sure they are enjoying their new pots. I'm a big fan of AN PH Perfect product.

Once you see how comfortable you become about not having to play around with PH you may just choose to continue to bloom. When I last spoke with Advanced Nutrients the recommended adding Big Bloom to my Bloom Nutrients starting when you notice the nodes stacking up prior to bloom. I've been following their suggestions and am happy with the bloom development.

No don't add the Bio Bizz Bio grow, its not designed for coco and grow nutes is not what you want to add in flower. Unless Im missing something here its a no.

Make sure you still ph with the Advanced Nutrients for a few reasons. 1st is ive had ph problems while using PH perfect product and not PH and ive also had good grows. But by PHing you are having good practice and eliminating the risk of PH issues. Also even though you use PH perfect base nutrient you will also use additives that effect ph and are not PH perfect, therefore even if base can be absorbed by the roots you could end up locking the plant up if additives art in the correct PH range.

250w is no where near enough light for 4 plants in 1m2 area, you need to double that to have any real growth. Theres no point in using 20litre pots if you are going to run 250w of light.

Im going to continue PH'ing the water and after iv added nutes wether it was its PH perfect on the bottle, i managed to get an email response back from BioBizz and you can use it with coco there just needs to be a few more things added, calmag ect.

There currently in a 90x60x90 tent and the 250w MH bulb is 10" above them, i will turn the ballast up to 400 soon i just need another fan to come and a 6" to 4" connector for the cool tube as the outlet on these small tents are only 4" wide, the next 2 weeks they will be going into a 4x4 and then ill turn the 600w up.

Just another quick question cult, Iv decided to feed the 3 times a day method, but should i put a layer of clay pebbles in the pot dish so its not always directly sitting in the run off?

Thanks for stopping by!

Yeah put the pebbles on the tray. it stops the pots sitting in any run off and creates a nice airflow under the pot. However feeding 3x daily is a good thing but you won't see much growth under 250w so maybe you are better waiting until you can get some more light in there or you just be wasting nutrient.

Yeah ill turn the ballast up to 400w once this connector comes otherwise it will be 30c+ i imagine, im going to buy some more of this white shark as well and sprinkle it on top 2-3 times a week till i switch to flower, so that will be 3 products, white shark, house and garden root exculrator & voodoo juice im using to get a much bigger root mass, planning on flipping them in the next 4-5 weeks.

I was also going to buy a new 1000w light but just going to run 2x 600w lights in the 4x4, maby one at 400w.

Whats your opinion on training? was planning on a net 12" above pot and just keep tying them down instead of topping them.

Back
Top Bottom