Th34v4t4r's Soil Sensi Skunk 1st Grow 1st Journal

My question is that I heard that when supplementing co2 if you draw out the air you draw out the co2 as well. So I'm not going to lie... my outtake is set on a timer for every 30 mins it'll draw out 15mins then sit for half hour and then draw for 15 again.. at night it's set for every 2hrs when the lights are off...

just put the fan on constant supplementing co2 is not necessary and not even usefull at this stage so don't worry about that there is enough co2 in the air. Make sure your outtake is on 24/7 and make sure you dump al that heat in a other room or just to outside true a vent hole. This is important so your not circulating the same air. If you do this your plants will never be to lo on Co2. If you want to use co2 get a closed setup bit this will include a AC, a Cooltube and a Co2 generator hoockt up to a climate controller to make sure there is always 1500ppm of co2. This could knock you down when your in ths room as well. And for co2 to have a benefit you need to have more light than the plants can use naturaly say 1000w Hps in that tent..

if your not at the point of growing great plants than co2 is a real waste of money

Also with co2 they can take a little higher temperature and a Sealed room a must to get full use of I haven't used co2 yet just what I read on here
Dude I did the same thing with nutes bought the grow micro bloom thinking I was buying all I needed then went for the recipe and seen that no you got more shit to buy

That's good to know mrxc. I'll scrap the co2 off for now then.. I know my tent ain't fully sealed. I was hoping on negativ3 pressures to keep the smell inside lmao.. that's a conversation for in a free weeks.. my carbon filter should be good enough. I hope haha

you can grow incredible plants as well as impressive yields with the right environment, iv never liked co2, having to seal your tent off and getting up to 32-33c is just scary, the best advice i can give is go over powered on your fan, i have a 6" 1500cfm tornado fan and i can eassily run 2 4x8 tents from it, iv now got it on a fan controller in a 3x3 tent and will transfer it to the 4x4 soon, zero smell!

That's good to know mrxc. I'll scrap the co2 off for now then.. I know my tent ain't fully sealed. I was hoping on negativ3 pressures to keep the smell inside lmao.. that's a conversation for in a free weeks.. my carbon filter should be good enough. I hope haha
yea you can do with a carbon filter i always use one. And when your venting out a tent it will always have negative pressure. But getting a bigger extraction fan is a good plan for the tent sizeyou got i would get a 500 cubic meter softbox than you have al the power you need.

you can grow incredible plants as well as impressive yields with the right environment, iv never liked co2, having to seal your tent off and getting up to 32-33c is just scary, the best advice i can give is go over powered on your fan, i have a 6" 1500cfm tornado fan and i can eassily run 2 4x8 tents from it, iv now got it on a fan controller in a 3x3 tent and will transfer it to the 4x4 soon, zero smell!

i had a sealed grow but the complete setup was over €15.000... And a grow tent is unsealabel those things leak on all sides so keeping your co2 that high is a lot of work. In the sealed setup we used 2 co2 generators a climapro system which cools the air by using continues flowing tapwater and draining the hot water to the toilet we used 12 1000w hps lights in cooltubes and everything on a RDWC we had the setup made to be left alone for long time. The Co2 was so high a friend passed out when he was maintaining the plants in the room. He forgot to turn the co2 gens off. Lucky him i came to location 10 minutes later. If i had listened to my girl and we went out to a party she was wanting to go he would be dead. So watch out with sealed rooms. Some growers use this method against robbers as well.

only go co2 if there is nothing els to do. Better get a bigger tent and a extra light than a co2 bottle the tent and light will cost you less and make you alot more

Sounds like Ive been reading into the c02 hype a little bit too much then... I'll deffo think about the extractor side... I've put it to 24 hr now...

So I've noticed a lime colouring coming to the tips of the leaves.. I'm going to try and identify later tonight...

I've topped her and she let off a little tear from the cut but I think she knows it's for the best... I've lst some lower branches. ...

I would really like to chop off my original fan leaves, 2 reasons... they look like a tiger is hiding in there cause they are damaged... also they are blocking light to some lower colas that I wish to bring up as some main tops.

I'm trying to keep it as low as possible so there plenty of height at the end. Evan if it's not needed...

The pots arnt dry yet at all.. its deffo goig to be a few more days before its dry.. i thubk i need to look into adding som clay pebbles to the bottom of my pots and a few throughout the soil and on top... sure it's bonsai I saw with pebbles on top.. it looks a good idea so don't tell him but I'm stealing it... antway here's a few photos of today..

View album 16984

Sounds like Ive been reading into the c02 hype a little bit too much then... I'll deffo think about the extractor side... I've put it to 24 hr now...

So I've noticed a lime colouring coming to the tips of the leaves.. I'm going to try and identify later tonight...

I've topped her and she let off a little tear from the cut but I think she knows it's for the best... I've lst some lower branches. ...

I would really like to chop off my original fan leaves, 2 reasons... they look like a tiger is hiding in there cause they are damaged... also they are blocking light to some lower colas that I wish to bring up as some main tops.

I'm trying to keep it as low as possible so there plenty of height at the end. Evan if it's not needed...

The pots arnt dry yet at all.. its deffo goig to be a few more days before its dry.. i thubk i need to look into adding som clay pebbles to the bottom of my pots and a few throughout the soil and on top... sure it's bonsai I saw with pebbles on top.. it looks a good idea so don't tell him but I'm stealing it... antway here's a few photos of today..

View album 16984

Wasn't me with the pebbles, but it's not a bad idea. Plus, I read your journal.....I'm everywhere... :cool:

Morning guys... I've been down to have a look at the plant today.. we've had the extractor on since I was asked to leave it on and the temp has been no higher then 23°c with one led and one cfl switched on... the sides of the tent feel cooler to the touch aswell wherw as before you could feel the warmth coming from it..

Where we topped her has browned off and seems to have healed over quite quickly... the splits from the lst-ing havnt healed up yet.. I'm wondering if the wound will full close up. Sort of how we scab over and heal up...

The other plant still hasn't done alot. I've noticed some bacteria and mild gathering on the top of the soil.. I suppose this is because it's been damp the past few days and without the leafage blocking the light I guess it become a heaven for the bacteria... I've scrapped the top layer of soil out and replace the top inch..

My younger more succesful plant don't show the same signs of bacteria or moulding. Again probably because the leaves are blocking the light and heat a bit better.

Anyways that's about it for this morning.

It will take awile for the split to heal but it will if you tape it up AND LEAVE IT THE FUCK ALONE haha sorry for yelling this early in the morning
And the bleeding when you top I know makes you wanna cry but its just like us and scabs over good call on scarping tip layer of soil off remember patients this is fun they say

Haha Yh I'm not stressing the split at all... it is still be held down but it's not being pulled on.. it is also taped up..

I know patience is the key by I'll be fucked if I've got any lmao...

In other news I've been looking at fabric smart pots I think next week I'll be about due an up potting well be a bout a month old in a 20l at this point, so planning ahead... I'm pretty confident in going to be around 50l final pot size maybe bigger.... so... do i go straight to 60l or do I get a 40l let it gather a new rmbigger root ball, then pot to a 60l few days before flowering. .

I'll be getting clay pebbles to fill the bottom few inch and I'm around the wall lining and I'll also have a covering on top of my soil...

I'm probably going to make the decision at this point to pull my recovering plant out it's earth and bin her,,, bake the soil and reuse that to top up for this next transplant... trying to save the pennies... or is it a daft idea given the problems I've had. I'd like to not buy anymore soil if I'm honest and the only clean soil is the Sandy stoney shit I got that kept killing my plants by warning the roots up to quick.. difference being this plant ain't no seedling

Thought a please guys

60L is a big pot XD but good i use a 100L for outdoor and i grow huge bushes in those so going 60 is a good plan. But going to a 40 before the 60 is a good plan, because you want the soil to dry out my pots dry completely every 3 to 4 days. But is i put a little plant in a 12 L pot it takes a long time to dry out. So that's why i start in 0.7 liter pots and transplant when they look like this

than i go to a 6.5L and this will dry out in 3/4 days. after that i go to a 22L smartpot i think it is 22 xD. But this upstep will make it take 5/6 days to dry out. When this pot starts to dry in 3/4 days again i start flower.
important to know is when there is a dry period in the pot the roots will be growing looking for water. That's why people can have super fast veg in coco coir or other substate that will dry out fast.

and nice that your extractor is constant now this will help dry out dose pots some more.

small tip for a diy smart pot is to drill a lot of tiny holes in the side of your plastic pots but don't if there is a plant in it other wise you fuck up the roots that grow on the sides.

i still can strongly recommend you to get a airy soil that's light and drains easy. Mixing coco coir with soil can be done to.

but i would not reuse the soil again especially because you had problems with that particular plant and pot of soil. Eliminate problems.
and nice that the tent is some cooler and if it is 23c i would hit that other cfl as well try to keep it at 27c this will make the soil dry out faster. Faster drying soil =faster growing roots = bigger plant = a happy grower

:cheer:

and i like a big splits in my girls they help to grow big butts. I LIKE BIG BUTTS And i can not lie

Haha Yh I'm not stressing the split at all... it is still be held down but it's not being pulled on.. it is also taped up..

I know patience is the key by I'll be fucked if I've got any lmao...

In other news I've been looking at fabric smart pots I think next week I'll be about due an up potting well be a bout a month old in a 20l at this point, so planning ahead... I'm pretty confident in going to be around 50l final pot size maybe bigger.... so... do i go straight to 60l or do I get a 40l let it gather a new rmbigger root ball, then pot to a 60l few days before flowering. .

I'll be getting clay pebbles to fill the bottom few inch and I'm around the wall lining and I'll also have a covering on top of my soil...

I'm probably going to make the decision at this point to pull my recovering plant out it's earth and bin her,,, bake the soil and reuse that to top up for this next transplant... trying to save the pennies... or is it a daft idea given the problems I've had. I'd like to not buy anymore soil if I'm honest and the only clean soil is the Sandy stoney shit I got that kept killing my plants by warning the roots up to quick.. difference being this plant ain't no seedling

Thought a please guys

If you want her to recover faster, leave her where she is. If you don't mind the more stunted growth, then move her. Any move is best done earlier than later.

My opinion.

Okay dad I'll leave her alone lmao I'm going to go and have a look at her now, give her a spray and turn the other cfl on
Are you in your final pot? If not, then I do suggest you move her. Also, make the added soil better draining. If you do that, it will help the overall drainage. I know you have done a lot to these poor girls, but I agree with @MRXC .

Yh I'm not in my final pot yet. I e just ordered a 40l fabric smart pot and I need to know now mrxc before I purchase... am i getting aqua clay pebbles to help my drainage or coco coir 60/40 or arw the the same thing lmao...

I've just some of the bigger fan leaves away to expose the lower growth I want. Not to much only 3 leaves. I've also strapped a few good branches down a bit more on the lst. All light are go go go.. all fans and extractor.

There is a lovely little smell of citrus coming from my girls now aswell. She's growing up, putting on perfume and getting those curves for the boys oh boy I'll feel a bad dad when I smoke the bitch

Back
Top Bottom