@Grandpa @Mr. Krip @Smeegol

Morning, how we all doing today.

I was deep delving through the forums the past few nights for helping a more fruityful harvest..

All the normal pk boosting and things game up. Foliar sprays, h202 combos.

But yh then I saw cooling the res down..

Not too cold I think it said around 16° - 18°c

I read alot that it changes the colour also. Yet a few people stated it put the plants into a state of shock...

When the plant goes into this state apparently it fears winter has come sooner then anticipated. So produces as much pollen as it can before it is killed off to the frost... or somthing like this..

The idea sort of made sense. I mean, every species of animal or plant have defence and survival mechanisms...

I dunno...

When the plant goes into this state apparently it fears winter has come sooner then anticipated. So produces as much pollen as it can before it is killed off to the frost... or somthing like this..

Are you looking to produce pollen or trichomes? Trichomes are a defense mechanism for the plant. They provide protection from UV rays & pests. There is evidence that shows when a plant is stressed, it can cause trichome production as part of the protection mechanism. But, if I was going to "play" with ways to increase trichome production, I'd look at using the UV spectrum.

@Grandpa @Mr. Krip @Smeegol

Morning, how we all doing today.

I was deep delving through the forums the past few nights for helping a more fruityful harvest..

All the normal pk boosting and things game up. Foliar sprays, h202 combos.

But yh then I saw cooling the res down..

Not too cold I think it said around 16° - 18°c

I read alot that it changes the colour also. Yet a few people stated it put the plants into a state of shock...

The idea sort of made sense. I mean, every species of animal or plant have defence and survival mechanisms...

I dunno...

I actually read something along these lines yesterday in regards to this were it is said that as plants head into winter and wanting to self preservation they produce pollen in order to produce seeds is my understanding of it....

A guy here at home inserted nails and bolts and bits of metal into his plants stem as it grew to boost trich production but don't recall if he ever finished that experiment...

That is exactly what I was reading @Smeegol I thought the more trychomes the more pollen created so the more we can shock the plant to produce trychomes the more pollen thc we can produce?? Is this not the logic

Ive just had a taste of my little bits of popcorn from my chop the other week. It's a little harsh, not unpleasant but you can feel it.. you can taste the citrus every now and again but also it taste like hay...

Can feel it a touch. Just not too sure. Hopefully the branch inpuled the other day will day mate nicer after another week or so.

Not going to lie it may get toked tonight cause I'm out of meds

We harvest in 15days according to the calender. It will have been 60days so today is the end of day 45.

Attachments

• 20190312_195149.jpg
    20190312_195149.jpg
    464.9 KB · Views: 51
  • 20190312_195142.jpg
    20190312_195142.jpg
    603.7 KB · Views: 45
  • 20190312_195138.jpg
    20190312_195138.jpg
    537 KB · Views: 50
  • 20190312_195132.jpg
    20190312_195132.jpg
    423.8 KB · Views: 57
  • 20190312_195122.jpg
    20190312_195122.jpg
    586.5 KB · Views: 41
  • 20190312_195116.jpg
    20190312_195116.jpg
    616.7 KB · Views: 44
  • 20190312_195110.jpg
    20190312_195110.jpg
    622.4 KB · Views: 46
You're going too have a great harvest man. 3 weeks is time to grow more even.

I sure hope so otter...

They are quite chunky already.

I can't wait for the magnifier comes so we can look in on them properly...

We are on no nute diet now though so it's up to them what they produce.....

I can't wait to build a box and get my next seeds on the grow..

Ammi haze. 3 octopots, scrogg net.. new quantum board light 240w, nutes for each stage, h202 in abundance and plenty of bloody lessons learnt.. i thinm come July/Aug time we are going to be in for a much bigger treat.

That is exactly what I was reading @Smeegol I thought the more trychomes the more pollen created so the more we can shock the plant to produce trychomes the more pollen thc we can produce?? Is this not the logic
I'm not aware of any correlation between trichomes & pollen. :hmmmm:

@Mr. Krip am I reading this wrong in someway then???

This is saying the trychomes and terpenes predominantly produce the cannabanoids we are growing the plant for?!.

Thc being one of them. So the more trychomes the more resin? We don't just use them to check maturity and therefore whether our flowers are ripe.

I'm lost now lmao

Am I right in thinking...

Trychomes create the pollen?? The pollen is the thc/cbd residue.. cannabanoids which we smoke... I all of a sudden feel dumb lmao

Pollen is produced by the male flowers in pollen sacs that open after a couple weeks in 12/12 and pollinates the female flowers so the females produce seeds. Pollen is basically plant sperm! :rofl:

Trichomes are the tiny mushroom like structures on the flowers that produce & store THC.

Again, I'm not aware of any correlation between the two.

You're typically only interested in pollen if you're going to be breeding.

So I've been a little naughty. I've took 5 clips.. 3 off one and 2 off another.. they were bunching up around others, the smell of citrus is immense coming from them. And they are really plump and fat. I've hung them in the jar and there going to have a few days lmao.. that the last lot I promise untill harvest day lmao..

The hairs are still very white on them so deffo more time to go yet

As the bud dries (the slower the better) that green earthy chlorophyll smell and taste dissipates and the true taste and turpines of the weed come to the forefront (the cure). The key is to dry slowly. You want to feel the bud for crispness—squeezing slightly—yet it should plump back up to normal size after squeezing. If it doesn’t plump back up then it’s still too wet. Naturally, there are chemical reactions and stuff going on inside the bud, but that’s not important. :headbanger:

putting them in a jar or sealed container with the proper humidity keeps them moist and allows them to rehydrate so that the bud is not dried to dust. Cvaults are just sealed containers that are expensive. I like them for ease of use and longer storage, but they cost...first borne male child is what I paid...

TY so much Grandpa :peace: I am waiting for my first harvest and needed some easy instructs. Appreciate his.

So I've been a little naughty. I've took 5 clips.. 3 off one and 2 off another.. they were bunching up around others, the smell of citrus is immense coming from them. And they are really plump and fat. I've hung them in the jar and there going to have a few days lmao.. that the last lot I promise untill harvest day lmao..

The hairs are still very white on them so deffo more time to go yet

It's so hard looking at the girls and wishing for a smoke....haha might get me some sneaky testers today..haha

That is perfect.. you just need a nice tight seat to sit it all on top of the fish tank... amazing ingenuity... you don't exactly need a bobber..

If you can lift the lid and see the water lvl.. pop some lines on the tank or abit of tape inside to mark your heights.. they are only guidance lines, the water lvl is always changing..

So ling as you know your covering the roots ect you'll be fine with good monitoring.

Back
Top Bottom