4 Ladies In A 100 Gallon Fabric Bed, Organic Super Soil, 4x4 Tent, 1000W HID

Congratulations on the successful harvest. For some reason, my email isn't being notified with my subscribed journals post. That was some experiment, and can't say that I didn't have doubts, but, I think you can call it very successful. Hope you get big numbers !! Two lbs. !! Good luck with the new property !!

Hi folks, time for a mini harvest update! We had to wait a couple weeks for the buds to dry since it was pretty cold in their garage. We snipped the buds off the stems, dry trimmed Pineapple's top colas, and put them all into jars.

Things have been hectic around here with our first holiday season as parents and also the stormy weather, so I haven't had a chance to do my bud pics out in the sun yet. Here is a teaser shot for the time being:

Dry weights and smells from the jars so far:

Pineapple Haze- 10.5 oz - Tropical ambrosia, and the tops (dry trimmed) smell more like banana while the bottom nugs have a hint of citrus.
Strawberry Kush- 8.4 oz - Spicy and heavy, with a honey like sweetness in the background.
Gold Leaf- 5.8 oz - Pine with a hint of cinnamon, a nice dank quality to it.
Blueberry- 3.6 oz - Earthy and very fruity, dense.

Total: 28.3 oz, so 1 lb, 12.3 oz. Almost 2 lbs, of the stickiest, most aromatic bud I have grown to date, and with only water and molasses (oh and companion plants and crystals and a line grounding the bed to the Earth and lots of love #unashamedhippieconvert)! :cheer:

I am pretty sold on organic soil now, so for this next grow I want to learn about outdoor biodynamics and do a greenhouse setup.

More pics to come once time & weather permit! Hope everyone is having a safe and enjoyable holiday season and eating lots of tasty food!
:Namaste::thanks:
TheFrizz

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Hi folks, happy springtime! Hope you all are going well! :love: Our baby boy just turned one year old this month- he is an absolute delight!

It is time for an updated smoke report/journal conclusion now that the harvest has had a chance to cure for a few months. :yummy:

Strain reviews/pics:

Strawberry Kush-
Heaviest hitter out of the four, very dense frosty nugs, and the overall growth structure of the plant was amazing with tight stacked buds all the way down the branches. Fruity tasting with funky earthy undertones. I will definitely grow this strain again!

Pineapple Haze- Great sativa, I love this plant for getting stuff done around the house/yard, or just for a general mood boost. Very nice to smoke in joints outdoors, I prefer it that way to the bong. The buds are medium to light density, & smell like combination of vanilla, banana, and pineapple, so basically a pina colada! I usually end up just inhaling the terpenes for like 5 mins before actually smoking because she smells so good.

Blueberry- I love this strain for when I am trying to sleep, she is true to her Indica nature. She was the frostiest of all the plants, just touching a bud gently results in your fingers being covered in a sheen of oily goodness. The buds smell spicy when you break them open, but have a nice balance of sweetness to accompany it.

Gold Leaf- I like this plant for creative work/coming up with cool ideas. The euphoric effects are really pronounced too. She smells phenomenal, kind of a mix of mangoes and fruity pebbles, with a bit of skunk so it doesn't get too sweet. The buds ended up being really big in proportion to the size of the plant, and are a medium-firm density that makes perfect bowls.

Conclusion:
These plants were grown in homemade organic "super soil" with a doubled concentration of amendments. They were given only water for most of their growth cycle, with a bit of molasses in flowering. The results were better than anything I have grown hydroponically, with much less effort and $$ expended! In the future I will definitely be sticking to organic soil. #letthemicrobesdothework

Can 4 plants grow in one container?
Based upon the health of the plants and bud quality, the plants roots cohabited just fine together, although Pineapple did take over the canopy and block a lot of the light. Since the plant locations were fixed, I was not able to move the other plants to get more light. Strawberry and Pineapple were diagonal from each other and both got quite large compared to Blueberry and Gold Leaf, but I really do think that light was the limiting factor, not root space.

Did the companion plants help?

Ha, speaking of light availability...Poor companion plants :rip: They did not get nearly enough light and so they were pretty much all dead by the end of the grow. However, the buds did turn out to be frostier and more aromatic than any I have grown to date. But that might be because of the soil, not the companion plants. So, I can say that companion plants are not harmful to MJ, but I can't prove that they did anything definite.

Next steps:

Outdoor greenhouse grow! The plants will be in organic super soil in the dirt, not containers, and I will stick to just 4 to keep with tradition. Water from our duck pond will be used to irrigate, yum yum! I started the seeds today, and the greenhouse should arrive within the next week. New journal starting soon!

A big thank you to everybody for following along with this grow, your support and kind words mean so much! :circle-of-love:

~TheFrizz

Hi folks, happy springtime! Hope you all are going well! :love: Our baby boy just turned one year old this month- he is an absolute delight!

It is time for an updated smoke report/journal conclusion now that the harvest has had a chance to cure for a few months. :yummy:

Strain reviews/pics:

Strawberry Kush-
Heaviest hitter out of the four, very dense frosty nugs, and the overall growth structure of the plant was amazing with tight stacked buds all the way down the branches. Fruity tasting with funky earthy undertones. I will definitely grow this strain again!

Pineapple Haze- Great sativa, I love this plant for getting stuff done around the house/yard, or just for a general mood boost. Very nice to smoke in joints outdoors, I prefer it that way to the bong. The buds are medium to light density, & smell like combination of vanilla, banana, and pineapple, so basically a pina colada! I usually end up just inhaling the terpenes for like 5 mins before actually smoking because she smells so good.

Blueberry- I love this strain for when I am trying to sleep, she is true to her Indica nature. She was the frostiest of all the plants, just touching a bud gently results in your fingers being covered in a sheen of oily goodness. The buds smell spicy when you break them open, but have a nice balance of sweetness to accompany it.

Gold Leaf- I like this plant for creative work/coming up with cool ideas. The euphoric effects are really pronounced too. She smells phenomenal, kind of a mix of mangoes and fruity pebbles, with a bit of skunk so it doesn't get too sweet. The buds ended up being really big in proportion to the size of the plant, and are a medium-firm density that makes perfect bowls.

Conclusion:
These plants were grown in homemade organic "super soil" with a doubled concentration of amendments. They were given only water for most of their growth cycle, with a bit of molasses in flowering. The results were better than anything I have grown hydroponically, with much less effort and $$ expended! In the future I will definitely be sticking to organic soil. #letthemicrobesdothework

Can 4 plants grow in one container?
Based upon the health of the plants and bud quality, the plants roots cohabited just fine together, although Pineapple did take over the canopy and block a lot of the light. Since the plant locations were fixed, I was not able to move the other plants to get more light. Strawberry and Pineapple were diagonal from each other and both got quite large compared to Blueberry and Gold Leaf, but I really do think that light was the limiting factor, not root space.

Did the companion plants help?

Ha, speaking of light availability...Poor companion plants :rip: They did not get nearly enough light and so they were pretty much all dead by the end of the grow. However, the buds did turn out to be frostier and more aromatic than any I have grown to date. But that might be because of the soil, not the companion plants. So, I can say that companion plants are not harmful to MJ, but I can't prove that they did anything definite.

Next steps:

Outdoor greenhouse grow! The plants will be in organic super soil in the dirt, not containers, and I will stick to just 4 to keep with tradition. Water from our duck pond will be used to irrigate, yum yum! I started the seeds today, and the greenhouse should arrive within the next week. New journal starting soon!

A big thank you to everybody for following along with this grow, your support and kind words mean so much! :circle-of-love:

~TheFrizz

Wow what an awsome review ms.Frizz truly an awsome journal to follow and I can't wait for your greenhouse adventures..... :snowboating:

Super wrap up Frizz :bravo:

What a great success for the experiment. To pull it off with a newborn in the picture is super impressive :eek: Hell, its super stellar without the baby!

Super glad you’re all happy and healthy a year into the adventure and i’m really looking forward to your greenhouse run. I’ll be there for sure. PLease tag me when you start it (or drop a link in my journal) so I dont miss it!
:popcorn:

Thanks for this one - it’s been a blast :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom