4 Ladies In A 100 Gallon Fabric Bed, Organic Super Soil, 4x4 Tent, 1000W HID

The garden is looking great! Full of loveliness!

Thanks BigSparks! These girls bring me so much happiness!
The tent on wheels still away from home? Soil is definitely better for strong terpenes then hydro.

Hiya TripleBeam, yep the tent is still at our former neighbor's place. We might try to move it after harvest, I really want my fancy dirt back for growing indoor tomatoes this winter!

Good to know about the terps, I had heard some folks say that before but it's a lot of fun experiencing the difference between soil and hydro.

Those tops are getting big and heavy. You have something to hold them up when they fall over from the weight? Looking hella good though!

Hi there HayStack, thank you! I am thinking about running a few strings across in a grid kind of like a SCROG net, and using garden wire to attach colas that need support. This worked pretty well for my first grow, and helped keep the colas evenly spaced.

Went to go water the plants last night, got some pics with lights off so you guys can see the frost! Each plant has a slightly different fruity smell, with them all mixed together the tent smells just like my Blue Dream did shortly before harvest :drool:Tropical paradise!

The plants are positioned as follows: Pineapple (Front left), Blueberry (Front right), Strawberry (Back right), Gold Leaf (Back left). Pineapple is about twice the size of Blueberry and Gold Leaf, and about 30% larger than Strawberry. It will be interesting to see yield differences, but so far the quality across the board looks like it will be on point.

In a few days I will give them more molasses water and do some defol and supercropping on side branches of the lower/middle canopy. I am guessing about 3 more weeks until harvest time for the top colas!

As always, questions, comments, and feedback are welcome!
:thanks::Namaste:
TheFrizz

This is still an amazing grow. The buds are getting so big and fat and the stacking is really really good. The tent is pretty full as well. I'm thinking you'll get at least a pound and a half. Maybe more. You still got a few weeks left to go. They are sure to get a lot fatter in that time. :goodjob::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Went to go water the plants last night, got some pics with lights off so you guys can see the frost! Each plant has a slightly different fruity smell, with them all mixed together the tent smells just like my Blue Dream did shortly before harvest :drool:Tropical paradise!

The plants are positioned as follows: Pineapple (Front left), Blueberry (Front right), Strawberry (Back right), Gold Leaf (Back left). Pineapple is about twice the size of Blueberry and Gold Leaf, and about 30% larger than Strawberry. It will be interesting to see yield differences, but so far the quality across the board looks like it will be on point.

In a few days I will give them more molasses water and do some defol and supercropping on side branches of the lower/middle canopy. I am guessing about 3 more weeks until harvest time for the top colas!

As always, questions, comments, and feedback are welcome!
:thanks::Namaste:
TheFrizz
Sexy looking plants oh and I'm 30min. South of you in fife / tscoma area :Namaste:

I’m glad I happened to peruse the grow forum in general right when this journal was close to top of the list!

TheFrizz - such a great grow you’re running here. And doing it all with a new life to care for and while moving house! :bravo: on so many levels! :D

It was great to land so late too, I got from seed to (near) harvest in about half an hour!

Awesome ideas brilliantly executed.
:adore:

I love the great big huge pot - wouldn’t want to have to move it tho ;) Must be heavy!

Glad I arrived in time for the harvest. Chop chop!
:popcorn:

Looking good Ms.Frizz! How long do you anticipate leaving the lower growth growing after taking the tops?

Thanks HempFire, I am planning on giving them 1-2 more weeks or until they are no longer fluffy, but all solid nugs. I think that cutting the top colas will trigger a hormonal surge similar to backbuilding. This, along with the extra light, and less resource competition should really fatten them up.
Personally i wouldn't defoliate and suppercrop with three weeks to go. Just my two cents. :):peace:

:goodjob::passitleft:

Hehe fair enough, I would agree if it was the top cola area. However since the lower and mid area will be getting some extra time (up to 2 wks if needed), I think they will still benefit in the long run. Plus I am addicted to tinkering.....:D
That’s going to be some tasty sticky basil sat underneath those frosty colas.

Oh that basil has been through so much, poor baby. I did train her into a candelebra of 16 tops, just like the MJ ladies. She was doing great for awhile but I think she dried out once due to her tiny shallow roots by the edge of the bed. Nevertheless, best tasting basil I have ever had, super spicy and pungent!
This is still an amazing grow. The buds are getting so big and fat and the stacking is really really good. The tent is pretty full as well. I'm thinking you'll get at least a pound and a half. Maybe more. You still got a few weeks left to go. They are sure to get a lot fatter in that time. :goodjob::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Why thank you sir, I certainly hope so! If my harvest is anything like your recent one I would be delighted!

This looks so far to be about how big my Blue Dream was at this stage, and the yield ended up at 2 lbs. I would be happy with 1.5 for sure though!
Sexy looking plants oh and I'm 30min. South of you in fife / tscoma area :Namaste:

Howdy scrogster, thank you! Our new farm is actually in F.W. just a few mins north of you, small world! We should kick it sometime.
I’m glad I happened to peruse the grow forum in general right when this journal was close to top of the list!

TheFrizz - such a great grow you’re running here. And doing it all with a new life to care for and while moving house! :bravo: on so many levels! :D

It was great to land so late too, I got from seed to (near) harvest in about half an hour!

Awesome ideas brilliantly executed.
:adore:

I love the great big huge pot - wouldn’t want to have to move it tho ;) Must be heavy!

Glad I arrived in time for the harvest. Chop chop!
:popcorn:
Hi Amy welcome aboard and what a kind post, this means a lot coming from you!:circle-of-love:
I popped over to your current grow- speaking of Blue Dream yours are looking fabulous!! I think you will enjoy the strain- we only had 1 out of 4 exhibit the true pheno (her name was Queen Sativa) but they were all quite excellent.

popped over to your current grow- speaking of Blue Dream yours are looking fabulous!!
Thanks frizz! I usually grow outside but am developing the new skills of indoor growing. So much to get right! Outside the environment just is what it is... can’t change the height of the sun! :D Indoors there’s a lot more involved. I’m slowly working it out though and hope to grow some longer flowering sativas next year that I can’t grow outside here due to our autumn getting a bit cold and damp at just the wrong time. So the blue dream is my practice, figure stuff out, run. I seem to have the exact opposite of the true sativa pheno - it is short as and more tightly stacked than any plant I’ve ever seen. :eek:

Looking forward to the harvest report! Things must be getting close for you!

Green blessings :Namaste:

afternoon ms.Frizz blown away I tell you, love your everything going on it that tent your girls all just chilling in their massive bed......
And you are almost upon harvest which must be chomping away at you with all the delicious aromas coming out of there....

Thankee Smeegol, I am going crazy with anticipation!!

I might run the Strawberry Kush if you rate it Frizz.

So far Strawberry is my favorite out of the four in terms of growth structure. She has almost 2 foot long tightly stacked colas without much side branching, and is the most symmetrical. Hopefully she smokes as nice as she grows! :drool:

Thanks frizz! I usually grow outside but am developing the new skills of indoor growing. So much to get right! Outside the environment just is what it is... can’t change the height of the sun! :D Indoors there’s a lot more involved. I’m slowly working it out though and hope to grow some longer flowering sativas next year that I can’t grow outside here due to our autumn getting a bit cold and damp at just the wrong time. So the blue dream is my practice, figure stuff out, run. I seem to have the exact opposite of the true sativa pheno - it is short as and more tightly stacked than any plant I’ve ever seen. :eek:

Looking forward to the harvest report! Things must be getting close for you!

Green blessings :Namaste:

Hiya Amy! How fun is that, I am about to embark on the opposite journey- going from learning how to grow indoors to giving outdoors a shot next year! I think it might actually be good though that for starting off indoors you got a compact pheno, sativas are a lot harder to manage in terms of getting light to everything without burning the tops. We are working on the very last bud from Queenie, it was the biggest cola and ended up getting light bleaching on top. Still packs quite a punch though!!

I am going to peruse your outdoor grow journal now to get some ideas :cheer:

Well - the most striking thing for me last year, was how much growth happened in January (I’m Southern Hemisphere ;) ). I had all sorts of delays at the start - and then ended up with some really nice finishes nonetheless.
Yay for going outdoors! That’ll be fun to watch! :Namaste:

Oh wow I didn't know you were in the Southern Hemisphere, the wallaby pic makes a lot more sense now hahah! I live in the Pacific Northwest in the US, so I think we harvest around Sept-Oct before the nasty weather sets in. Your outdoor grow journal was so much fun to read, I love your photographic creativity & talent!

Back
Top Bottom