49 Days

Greensalt

7 weeks of 12 12

2 x Ethos - Cheezy Poofs R1
1x Ethos - White Wedding RBx
1x Sun Grown Genetics - Punch Log

A nice haul by the end of the month it seems.

IMG_20210528_191459.jpg
IMG_20210528_191447.jpg
IMG_20210528_191353.jpg
IMG_20210528_191343.jpg
IMG_20210528_191332.jpg

7 weeks of 12 12

2 x Ethos - Cheezy Poofs R1
1x Ethos - White Wedding RBx
1x Sun Grown Genetics - Punch Log

A nice haul by the end of the month it seems.

IMG_20210528_191459.jpg
IMG_20210528_191447.jpg
IMG_20210528_191353.jpg
IMG_20210528_191343.jpg
IMG_20210528_191332.jpg
Hello @Greensalt hope you are well my friend.
Fantastic looking garden you have there.
You should be very proud. :goodjob:
Congrats on your upcoming harvest.
Bill

Nice flowers! You got any plans for cure?

Just the usual which is a wet trim but left on stems then into my dark drying tent for 7 days. After this I cut off the stems, sort out bud sizes (all similar sizes together so they all dry even) and into brown paper bags (KFC/McDs) for a further 5 to 8 days turning several times daily. Then I find it perfect for the jars and there it stays, being burped every now and then when I remember.

Always done it this way and never used RH packs as I've always been satisfied with the results.

Just the usual which is a wet trim but left on stems then into my dark drying tent for 7 days. After this I cut off the stems, sort out bud sizes (all similar sizes together so they all dry even) and into brown paper bags (KFC/McDs) for a further 5 to 8 days turning several times daily. Then I find it perfect for the jars and there it stays, being burped every now and then when I remember.

Always done it this way and never used RH packs as I've always been satisfied with the results.
....sort into different sizes so they all dry even...

F'ing....omgduh :thedoubletake:

Hello @Greensalt hope you are well my friend.
Fantastic looking garden you have there.
You should be very proud. :goodjob:
Congrats on your upcoming harvest.
Bill

Cheers @Bill284

These will be taken down between 8 and 9 weeks by the looks of them.

The Punch Log from Sungrown Genetics looks to be the first for the cut. Followed by the Cheezy Poofs R1s and then the White Wedding RBx.

They are all extremely nice for their own reasons but the 1 x White Wedding RBx promises to be a stand out. She is compact, masses upon masses of budsites and a pleasure to grow albeit kinda sensitive to temp variation. Stretch was minimal to non existent and to be fair, with good LST 1 plant would fill out a 4 x 4 nicely

The 2 x Cheezy Poofs R1 have very nice buds but the stems struggle with the weight and I have had a little trouble because of this. These are not for retail sale as of yet and not sure if they ever will be but I would grow them again without doubt but staking will need to be put in place early.

The 1 x Punch Log, this is a Ox of a plant, strong as fook, strongest I've ever had in decades and an absolute pain to LST resulting in many snapped branches which always appear well after the actual event!

I swear that when she was LSTed it would be perfectly fine that day but after lights out into the next day I woke up to a fair few broken branches. I tried not to be so brutal but still, even gentle with minimal tension. She is so strong and even now with the flowers her branches show not one sign of weakness, branches/stems are amazingly strong. The buds are like solid rocks and have some real weight to the. I can't help think what could be done now I know how she grows given the many tops I had thrown away which was quite a few.

These 3 strains certainly have put my CF to the test and I have no doubt they all will be a nice smoke.

....sort into different sizes so they all dry even...

F'ing....omgduh :thedoubletake:

What did I do wrong.

All similar sizes of bud together, example, huge colas, big colas, med colas, small colas and popcorn.

The popcorn brown paper bags will dry far quicker than the small colas and certainly the huge colas brown bags.

Fairly easy to understand I thought.

What did I do wrong.

All similar sizes of bud together, example, huge colas, big colas, med colas, small colas and popcorn.

The popcorn brown paper bags will dry far quicker than the small colas and certainly the huge colas brown bags.

Fairly easy to understand I thought.
omg nothing! You did nothing wrong!

I...never thought to do this and I had a brain explosion. I've just been angrily popping lids and hoping my cheap hygrometers are vaguely correct. Sorting by size makes so much damn sense I want to cry.

Edit: AH! You frown-emoted my comment! I didn't mean to sound chastising! BIG HUGS SORRY :green_heart: :green_heart::green_heart:

omg nothing! You did nothing wrong!

I...never thought to do this and I had a brain explosion. I've just been angrily popping lids and hoping my cheap hygrometers are vaguely correct. Sorting by size makes so much damn sense I want to cry.

Edit: AH! You frown-emoted my comment! I didn't mean to sound chastising! BIG HUGS SORRY :green_heart: :green_heart::green_heart:

Ah ok, I understand now.

There is method in my madness and it works very well. I have found that with different bud sizes in together in brown bags by the time the chunky buds are dried you have the smaller nugs turn to dust easily. I never over fill the brown bags either, just a shallow coverings of maybe 2/3rds of the bottom of the bags.

Similar size buds in bags only is the way to go and that explosion you had will serve you well.

Nice size but where is the frost?

WW is known for its frost hence the name, "White".

Trichome coverage looks very sparse which is unusual for WW.
I'm pretty sure the white widow name originally came from the amount of white hairs they produce throughout flower but as a sales pitch the narrative was shifted over the years to the reasons you mentioned either way I'm completely satisfied with these phenotypes 2 weeks left...Im sure you know the last couple weeks is when trichromes really start to pack on no matter the case

20210607_224309.jpg

20210607_224118.jpg

20210607_223842.jpg

Nearly at 9 weeks and 2 are down.

The Sun Grown Genetics Punch Log and 1 of the Ethos Cheezy Poofs R1 got chopped yesterday.

The remaining Ethos White Wedding RBx and Cheezy Poofs R1wkll suffer the same fate as the tent mates this weekend.

The Punch Log is solid as fook and was a pleasure to chop. I'll be growing these again as I only threw the 1 seed in this bunch to see how she performs. I like her so she'll be run again.

The 1 Cheezy Poofs I've chopped is very dense too but I do dislike the weak stems these plants develop. It will yeild well but so floppy and hard to work with when buds develop. The other 1 of these still alive is exactly the same, very nice buds but weak weight bearing stem. See the pic one the 1 alive in free fall, I'm sick of messing with it tying it up and glad it's coming down. These were Ethos tester freebies and overall a good plant.

The White Wedding was another I wanted to see how she performs first and I'm very impressed. She is a stunner, strong as an Ox and stacked full of countless nugs. I swear she has never even sttected and I have more of these seeds so will definitely get another go.

Looking and feeling the 2 I've already chopped with another 2 to go which appear to have more budsites. There'll be a pleasing harvest.

IMG_20210611_082445.jpg
IMG_20210611_082357.jpg
IMG_20210611_082349.jpg
IMG_20210609_182550.jpg
IMG_20210606_094434.jpg

Next batch of plants are ready to move in once these are done and the tent cleaned out.

The next lot is 5 plants instead of 4.

3 x Glueberry Muffin from Destiny Exotic Genetics

1 x Zaffa from MeanBeanz

1 x Lava Freeze from Super Sativa Seed Club

IMG_20210529_114320.jpg
IMG_20210517_221157.jpg

Screenshot_20210611_115559_com.brave.browser.jpg
IMG_20210517_221124.jpg

the bovedas can pull terps out if not used correctly. maybe not piles, but i'm convinced there's a difference.

i still like them for long term storage, and they come in super handy if you face low rh / short hang conditions.

Back
Top Bottom