4inch PVC Aero/NFT 4x5 SCROG - 1200 Watts

Re: 4inch PVC Aero/NFT 4x5 SCROG (1200 Watts)

The roots are really starting to take off now.

day12roots1.jpg

day12roots2.jpg

I want to keep it as simple as possible.
Thanks for this as so many try to do so much and forget the k.i.s.s. principle.

Nice! We just got our hands on a system similar to this one. We're missing the tub for it, but that's an easy fix. Does the water run constantly through the tubes in combination with the spray nozzles? How many times a day do they spray? If you don't mind, could you get some more photos of the set up? Thank you!

Nice! We just got our hands on a system similar to this one. We're missing the tub for it, but that's an easy fix. Does the water run constantly through the tubes in combination with the spray nozzles? How many times a day do they spray? If you don't mind, could you get some more photos of the set up? Thank you!

I have a Hydro timer. My jets run 10 minutes on and 30 minutes off. This is a continuous cycle, 24 hrs a day.

Pictures per your request:

The Hydro timer set to 10 on and 30 0ff.

timer3.jpg

The inside of the nute res

res_inside.jpg

Jets off

hanging_roots.jpg

Jets on

jets_on.jpg

front view

front_view.jpg

Side view

side_view1.jpg

Closeup of the spray pump I built

waterfall_res.jpg

If you're going to use 4 inch PVC you'll need to get a 4 inch hole saw blade. Here's the unit in an early phase.

frontres.jpg

Here's a look at the water spraying out of the jets.

water_spray.jpg

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions, please ask. I want this journal to be very interactive and welcome any and all feedback.

Excellent! Thank you so much for the pics! I gotta say, I never really wanted to go hydro again, but I love this system. Your plants look wonderful.

Excellent! Thank you so much for the pics! I gotta say, I never really wanted to go hydro again, but I love this system. Your plants look wonderful.

Thank you. I felt I wasnt getting max yield with my soil grows and they were too much work as I was buying gallon jugs of distilled water, hauling soil, etc.

Things I needed to fix:

1. I hated buying and carrying distilled water. It's expensive, time consuming, and just plain work. The RO water unit is the only way to go. All I have to do now is turn on a valve.

2. I hated soil. I couldnt really monitor my PH or PPM. In this system I know EXACTLY where I stand at all times concerning PH and PPM. Plus, soil is so messy and I hated carrying those 40 lb bags(that work thing again). Obviously, this system is really clean, neat, and easy to maintain.

I knew I needed a way to get my good water to my system hence the array of hoses. A bathroom sits next to my Flower room. I simply fed lines through the wall. I also didnt want to have to do any work to drain this system so I put the drain in the bottom of the nute res and I pump it back through the wall where it drains in the bathtub.

I have found myself standing in my grow room looking for something to do. This system really is very simple and easy to operate.

The KEY is the chiller. My res stays at 67* now. Most people that have problems with Hydro are dealing with warm res temps which means disease/algae/etc. You have to keep your res cool. My 1/10 HP chiller does an awesome job.

I'll be glad to help in any way that I can.

The KEY is the chiller. My res stays at 67* now. Most people that have problems with Hydro are dealing with warm res temps which means disease/algae/etc. You have to keep your res cool. My 1/10 HP chiller does an awesome job.

Amen to that - I think half of the problems with my DWC have been caused by high res temps.

Nice setup 420. I notice you said your water is at 200ppm. Do you have plain water in your vegy stage? I notice the ppm is high if that's plain R/O water.

Nice setup 420. I notice you said your water is at 200ppm. Do you have plain water in your vegy stage? I notice the ppm is high if that's plain R/O water.

My RO water has a PPM of 0. I simply added Sensi Grow part A making it 200 PPM. Today is res change #2 and I'll bump the PPM to 400. I'll add pics later.

Today is day 7 from the very first time a root popped through. They really grow fast. Today was res change number 2. ResTemp is 66*, Room temp is 70, PH is 5.8, and the PPM is 400.

I'm feeding them AN nutes (Sensi grow parts A & B).

Day7_roots1.jpg

Day7_fromroot.jpg

So far so good. I also will be doing a aeroponic journal in the next couple of days. I started out with soil just like you. You are definetly right as far as less hassle with aeroponics vs soil. Are you changing out your water weekly.

So far so good. I also will be doing a aeroponic journal in the next couple of days. I started out with soil just like you. You are definetly right as far as less hassle with aeroponics vs soil. Are you changing out your water weekly.

I change my res every 7th day. Once I start to flower the plants and add in the 2nd 600 watter, I'll change it every 5 days.

everything looks good..my only question is your on and off times..havent herd of people doing 20 mins on 1 off..most i have seen is 5 mins on i off...its good to have that off time so O2 can get in there and not sufficate the roots...
another question is how do you water change the res since everything is connected to it... meaning the tubing and the chambers... props..

They were only on 20-1 until they showed roots. Now they are on 10 on and 30 off.

Back
Top Bottom