4inch PVC Aero/NFT 4x5 SCROG - 1200 Watts

Re: 4inch PVC Aero/NFT 4x5 SCROG (1200 Watts)

420fied nice setup. I see that you have the patience and skills to put this together. I'm sure you came out cheaper putting this together than buying one(if they make em). I'll grab my popcorn and enjoy the show. :)

420fied nice setup. I see that you have the patience and skills to put this together. I'm sure you came out cheaper putting this together than buying one(if they make em). I'll grab my popcorn and enjoy the show. :)

Thanks for the compliment. They do sell pre-fabbed units that are reallllly expensive. They don't include the chiller either. This way I have it exactly as I need it.

I loaded the system with clones yesterday. Away we go!

lftoffday2.jpg

Awesome! A Scrog grow with a home-built aero setup and bright lights. I love it. I subscribed to this one so that I can "follow along" and watch you go to harvest.

+REPs for the pictorial how-to!

I have a similar home made system set up. Quite a bit larger and I only use NFT, adding the water at the end of the tube, I have a 30 gal reservoir with a float switch for the nutes and a 30 gal top off reservoir. When the water gets used up in the main res the float kicks in and tops off the main res with fresh water, keeps the nute concentration constant. Each of the systems has this top off set up. I use a rainforest to propagate my clones, then after they have a good root system they go to the veg room. This is a 60 site, 5 tube nft system with 2 400 watt MH lights. This is also where I keep my mothers. I keep the babies in here for a few weeks. Then to the flower room, this has two identical 40 site nft systems that I run staggered so I harvest ever 4 weeks, each flowering system has a 600 watt hps on a light mover. I also have another 6 site rainforest with a 400 watt hps in the flower room for specialty strains ie. longer flowering and test strains. In between my veg room and bud room I have another area with a modified TV box, rigged up for a drying/curing chamber. I have never cured before so I am in the process of learning the technique. After seeing some of the grows on this site I am looking at modifying my system. I don't think my flowering system works as good as it should. I have been using this set up for over 12 years but am completely self taught with little resources. I am very interested to see how well this works spraying each site. This would be a very inexpensive mod to my system and I think the spraying of the upper root zone will give me better results in flowering. I will be following this grow closely. If I ever get the balls to run my own journal you will see what I got. Oh yeah, my entire system is buried underground (stealthy). The room has a well for water and a decent ventilation system. I have had a lot of trouble with heat in the room with all the lights. Winter isn't a problem but summer is. I got a bunch of 1/4 inch stainless tubing, coiled it all up, set it in all nute res. Hooked up the well and run a very small about of water through the tubing. Keeps the nute water at what ever temp I want. I have found that the plants can grow very nicely in hot weather as long as the water is cool. I often get temps in the 90's but the water is always <70 degrees. After all this I do have a question, where would I pick up all the tubing, tips, plumbing etc.. for individual site sprayers? I think I will try this on one or two tubes as a test. I then can do a good a-b comparison.

Thank you,

samurai

Today is the first res change. I've been spraying the clones with 200PPM of sensi grow A set at 5.8ph and my chiller is set to 74*. This is the 6th day of spraying them with a cycle of 20 minutes on and 1 minute off. The clones are barely starting to root which is nice to see. I'm anxious to see what happens in the next 7 days.

1st_res_change-001.jpg

1st_res_change-009.jpg

420fied, an inspiration to any Hydro Grower wanting to set one up. Clean, knowledgable, easy access, and no doubt one to keep watching as they grow along.

Back
Top Bottom