A Passion for Cheese - Stratonites First Grow - 300 Watt CFL

A lot of the time, toward the end of flowering, the buds will "pull" nitrogen and other things from the leaves, so it's best to keep as many as you can lol

In this case you have three realistic options:

1: Invest in an extraction and filtration kit (recommended)

2: tell her that in the olden days, she'd be placed on a ducking stool for her behaviour and that she's standing in the way of SCIENCE!! (highly recommended)

3: stop growing and either stop smoking or go back to shitty weed full of seeds and sticks or squalid solid. (not recommended)

:)

Well, you're not going to like this and every other grower in here will tear me to shreds for even considering it, but...

..when mine was near ready, i pulled off one or two bud-lets, cut them into quarters and placed them on top of a folded (clean) sock and zapped it in the microwave for a whole minute then left it (off sock) on a cold surface (the top of my mic stays cold) for a few minutes and then smoked it up. It tasted like shite but it got me blitzed.

Or there's the normal way; hang it up til it's dry (overnight with low temps and a fan blowing at it) and smoke it the next day.

I also tried setting it gently on a fork which i set gently on top of the toaster (being careful to stop it gently rather than letting it pop, which would have sent the bud deep into the bowels of the toaster), this didn't go great as most of the loose and stringly bits burnt and crumbled to dust; the oven and the grill had the same effect. I only used the microwave method from then on.

But I'd just go for the normal way if i were you lol other growers will have other methods involving tupperware boxes et al.

and yeah it'll taste like shit with the nutes in it.

You need to find out where your grow area is "leaking" from and seal it lol

Ok Guys, I have a few images of the girls and i think what might be a he/she? is this a set of balls in the last pic? if yes what will I do???... sorry about the sideways pics!

IMG_013628.JPG
IMG_013734.JPG
IMG_013934.JPG
IMG_014029.JPG
IMG_014333.JPG

That's an intriguing question with unfortunately, no straight answer.

The data I've collected suggests no, but, we need to know about the state of the trichomes.

Have a look through any magnifying item you can find (I've personally has success with the camera of my galaxy s4 zoomed and focused; a steady had is needed so much!); What are the trichomes like? Mostly clear means the plant needs more time. Milky white (opaque; not transparent) and your plant is ready for harvest for a 'head high' and if they're mostly amber/orange then the high will be more mellow and the pain relieving properties of this species will be realised.

You probably already know this though, right?
Well, different parts of the plant will age at different rates depending on myriad factors; least of all, how much light they're getting.
Inspect each bud's trichomes before harvesting and don't be afraid to leave any that you think need a little longer, on the plant.
To answet your original question, therefore, is not straight forward. You *might* get new bud formation in and around the bottom of the plant, or deep within the canopy - places that don't get just as much light as they'd like. Such buds, if given ample time, could mature into something decent but quite possibly will just be foxy popcorn.

In any case; amber/milky trichome'd buds will want harvesting.
Leave babies and those with clear trichomes to mature a bit longer.
If you deal with the plant on a bud by bud basis, you'll be ensuring that you got the best you could outta that plant.

Also, congrats on the impending harvest :)

Thanks again Equanimity! you like a weed budda... so wise! lol

Below is the last photo before I flush the girls and start to wash out the nutes, I was originally hoping for 4oz but now I would be happy with 2! Does anyone want to hazzard a guess at how much is here?

IMG_015932.JPG

I have also cut a small bud, just because I cant wait to smoke my own stuff, have I trimmed it enough? I have put it in a drawer for now, whats the best way to make it smokeable tomorrow?

IMG_016124.JPG

Back
Top Bottom