A Passion for Cheese - Stratonites First Grow - 300 Watt CFL

Got an 85watt red spectum cfl, dropped & smashed it before I got it installed!
photo_2474.JPG
1photo_2.JPG
1photo_1.JPG

Got an 85watt red spectum cfl, dropped & smashed it before I got it installed

Dude that's depressing as hell lol
Might i suggest that you don't buy those particular bulbs again? amazon do some 35w bulbs for a more reasonable price point and if you're wanting the higher wattage I'd suggest stepping up to the 125/150/200/250/300w CFLs (the ones with the E40 mogul screw cap) as these can be had at a similar price point to your smashed spiral but offer more lumens for your coins, and they also come in dual spec as well as seperate reds and blues.

Also, great to see local growers :)

"the bulb Arrived smashed" so the company are going to send me a new one! Thanks for the advice Equanimity, I was thinking of going LED for the next grow, have any of you had any LED experience?

you would not believe how many "smashed" bulbs I've had replaced lol

LED, well, i just got a 90w (50x3w) UFO thing and it died on it's first day out, now, i fixed it and it's back in the grow room but I'm at sprout stage so i really can't say how well it works. i might never know either cos the room is also full of CFLs and a 600w HPS. so it kinda muddies the waters.

However!

Antics (i think) is doing a grow of just LED, so go check out his journal. You'll get your best data there :)

Antics Perpetual Learning Experience

Also if you guys ever wanna collaborate.. an abandoned electricity sub station by the river has been talking to me every damn time i cross the albert bridge lol there's a homeless guy living in it but am sure we could move him on. it can be like one of those Zelda games; we get him down the housing and get him a place to live and then we get the keys to an epic grow room with transport links to the city centre lol

That cheese is some good as smoke i.grew some cheese lost of crystals and a short plant aswell ? Subbed

Welcome Tempo!! yeah the cheese's are pretty small, the didn't take root until about 2 weeks after the passion and I had to flower them together (lack of space and lights) but hopefully the will be ok. Does anyone know when I should add some PK boost to my feeds? and do I add or replace "Bloom" for PK?

IMG_009031.JPG
IMG_008738.JPG

Information I've read points to 4 or 5 weeks into flowering, increasing the amount by a third during the last two weeks of flowering before your flush

example:

Flowering for 8 weeks, followed by flush for two weeks (10 weeks total)
Start pk end of week 4, increase by a third end of week 6 then stop all nutrients end of week 8, flush to end of week 10. harvest. eat.

Now, that's based on the information I've read; there are factors that depend upon strain, medium, growing conditions, how long you plan to flower etc so basically no two instances are ever alike, so what I've pulled out of my ass is averages based on all the information I've read which is often variable, convoluted and sometimes downright bollocks.

I plan to use the guidelines above in my grow, except i don't plan to flush for two whole weeks, that's a piss take lol for flushing I'd say; the more they drink the less time i flush (if they need a feed daily, then 5 days to a week is all I'll flush) if it's every 2 or 2.5 days then I'll go two weeks, but I know my temperatures will result in daily watering.

Play it by ear and as you get more experienced with future grows, you'll develop your own style and methods. these journals, for me, aren't to show off. I use my previous grow journal to see what i did and when, and what worked and what didn't. it's like a diary. There's a lot of ill thought out shit in my last grow, like the 'bitch rack' and positioning of the lights etc. things that aren't in my new journal cos i learned my lesson.

Cheers Equanimity, Looks like sound advice! :thumb:

As far as advice goes; the best advice i can give you is to get second and possibly third opinions on everything. there will always be someone more experienced with a better understanding that myself; after all, i've done one grow lol

Haven't posted in a few days, 1 month into flowering, not sure if I should have more bud by now? I will be flowering for another 4 weeks and it doesnt look like I'm gonna yield much. I think I have over fed the girls as shown in the photo's. I didn't think I had as I give the a good watering in 1/2 strength bloom, I have been giving them water only for a few days now to try and counteract the discoloring.

IMG_010738.JPG
IMG_010629.JPG
IMG_010432.JPG
IMG_010236.JPG
IMG_010132.JPG

how long is the passion in flower now mate , they finish quick , about 6/7 weeks , only trim if there are leaves blocking the light hitting buds , they need the leaves mate like solar panels .

you should check out the update on the cow and gate girl , shes been great to me , no problems , i think ive stumbled on to something i like A LOT , check the link below ,

Back
Top Bottom