A Sad Sad Grow Journal

I have no idea what is causing your issue, but it seems to be something that has affected most of your plants which leads me to believe the problem could be the soil, nutrients, or water (that really narrows it down right?).

Soil. May be a good idea to pick up some new coco (or soil) for your next grow.

Nutrients. I'm still having a hard time figuring out when I'm over or underdoing it, but I always caution on the side of error and will use less nutes. I figure it's better to underfeed than overfeed right?

You got your pH in check so I don't think its the water, unless it's loaded with chemicals. If you don't have a PPM (parts per million) or TDS (total disolved solids) meter you should get one so you can see how much stuff is in your water, and then you can also dose your feedings better.

I'm a total newbie by the way so don't put too much weight in my suggestions. Just giving you some things to think about for your next grow.

420-magazine-mobile1099592220.jpg

Whats the strain...???... is that one of the autos or one of your originals.... either way... that is awesome looking bud...

Whats the strain...???... is that one of the autos or one of your originals.... either way... that is awesome looking bud...
At least 2 of the autos look harvest ready but I mixed up the plants but am not sure which is Northern Lights or the one AK-47, lol. What are the flowering times listed for these guys?

I'm pleased to see my little​ plants. One didn't do so great after it got sick but I'll hopefully get a joint or two out of it.

V
420-magazine-mobile1459928892.jpg

Wow! Good thing you stuck it out! Hard to believe this is the same plant!
It's not actually the same plant. The sick looking ones are now 5 months old and waiting to switch to flower. I've got 4 little autos in the same tent as the 3 older​ photos. In the picture, the little plant in the front is the one close to harvest. Behind it ( the nice thick one), is one of the ones that was almost dead. They're a little wilty because I just watered them. Once the autos are harvested I'll switch the lights to 12/12. I can't wait to see how they turn out.

DAY 161 (photos), DAY 88 (autos)

So I replaced my broken jeweller's loupe with a USB camera with a 20X to 800X zoom. It is really cool and fun toy. I can see the trichomes clearly.

Where on the plant do I check the colour of the trichomes? I find the amount of amber trichomes differs in different areas (not a lot). Am I looking for an average of half amber allover on the plant, or just on the top cola?

Here is from one auto:
Sun_May_28_10-25-50-1.jpg
Sun_May_28_10-27-25-1.jpg
Sun_May_28_10-28-07-1.jpg

number 2
Sun_May_28_10-30-38-2.jpg
Sun_May_28_10-32-55-2.jpg

number 3
Sun_May_28_10-38-45-3.jpg
Sun_May_28_10-36-12-3.jpg

and finally, number 4
Sun_May_28_10-45-00-4.jpg

Sun_May_28_10-41-32-4.jpg

For the love of gawd, how much longer before harvest? Are any of them ready? I'm too excited.

I accidentally knocked a small bud off one of the plants a few days ago and hung it to dry. We smoked that little bugger and it was satisfying to know I had grown it myself. It was the first time I had smoked something I'd grown. *pride* Shout out to Ladi for the seeds. :)

As far as my photos, they are doing well. I trimmed away the tiny branches on the bottom to allow air to circulate better, let more light onto the thicker branches, and allow the plant to spend more energy on the buds. I will be switching to flower soon.

I usually go by a % of the overall # of amber trichomes... They will pack weight on if they are still producing white pistils. If they aren't and you want a more racy high you can harvest with less amber.
Looking good...

Yeah, I would have harvested #4 also. But then again, I like a racy working high, so I would be taking 1 and 2 down too. Looks really great Muraydog!!
You think 1 and 2 are ready? I'll harvest one now and the other a little later so I can compare the highs. Yay!

How necessary is trimming of sugar leaves? I have shaky hands and didn't do a good job on my first trimming. I ended up pulling off or cutting the tiny buds so I stopped. (the plant was less than 12" tall and scrawny).
420-magazine-mobile1808599398.jpg

Here it is drying with most sugar leaves.
420-magazine-mobile1277737734.jpg

My autos are all harvested and dried. I'm semi-curing them (they are in a mason jar but we're smoking it). The first one I harvested is, I assume, the AK-47 since it's smell was distinctly different than the other three. It had an amazing grapefruit smell. It was a good smoke, even though it wasn't cured.

As far as the photo (regular) plants ...

DAY 170 ( Not a typo - 5 months and 19 days)

All three photos are large and healthy. They went from looking like this:

Feb_12-5.jpg

to this:

june_6.jpg

Wow. Amazing, right? It's all thanks to the invaluable help I've received on this site.

Now for the bad news. They're all males.

Tue_Jun_06_12-50-22-2.jpg
Tue_Jun_06_12-25-41-3.jpg
Tue_Jun_06_12-13-59-3.jpg
Tue_Jun_06_12-32-42-1.jpg
Tue_Jun_06_11-47-03-clone1.jpg

All that work down the drain. If it wasn't for the autos, I'd have no weed at all. :(. I knew it was a possibility. Stupid probability theory. I'll only buy feminized seeds from now on. Lesson fucking learned. I haven't found the courage to cut them down until I get confirmation of their maleness. :(

My autos are all harvested and dried. I'm semi-curing them (they are in a mason jar but we're smoking it). The first one I harvested is, I assume, the AK-47 since it's smell was distinctly different than the other three. It had an amazing grapefruit smell. It was a good smoke, even though it wasn't cured.

All three photos are large and healthy. They went from looking like this:

Feb_12-5.jpg

to this:

june_6.jpg

Wow. Amazing, right? It's all thanks to the invaluable help I've received on this site.

Tue_Jun_06_12-50-22-2.jpg
Tue_Jun_06_12-25-41-3.jpg
Tue_Jun_06_12-13-59-3.jpg
Tue_Jun_06_12-32-42-1.jpg
Tue_Jun_06_11-47-03-clone1.jpg

All that work down the drain. If it wasn't for the autos, I'd have no weed at all. :(. I knew it was a possibility. Stupid probability theory. I'll only buy feminized seeds from now on. Lesson fucking learned. I haven't found the courage to cut them down until I get confirmation of their maleness. :(
I know the feeling when those damn balls show up. At least you were able to resurrect the dead. Kudos for that!

At first I was like :woohoo: and then I was like :sorry:

Sux that they were all males.

At least you learned something from all this right? Which will only make your next grow that much better!

Those are males for sure, at least all the balls you showed photos of. Just a thought, there is a small amount of THC in there...maybe finish the grow cycle and make the buds uno hash or food or...some people will smoke the males too, it doesn't taste good, and takes a bit more than usual, but that's your hard work! Good luck.

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom