About to dry need input

cuzzin33

So I am about to dry and I need some input on what my best options are. I live in a warm area and I cannot go out and buy any extra stuff I need to figure out with what I have.

My bed room stays around 75 to 80 degrees Fahrenheit during the day. Tent is in my room. At night with lights out tent goes to around 70. I have to use the tent to dry in after I cut but 70 is about the lowest I can ever get the tent. Will this be too warm to dry in? What are my best options?
My last grow smelled like hay terrible.

Also tent is a small 2x2 wide 4 foot tall.

I don’t do nothing special we’re I grow hang em up for atleast a week ish with a fan start trimming into turkey bags untill I’m done trimming I don’t close the bag n them wen I’m done trimming a week later they go into jars burp them once a day for a week them once a month

There’s an entire thread dedicated to this , you may not wanna try it but it beats 70 degrees . Look up slow and low cure . , you are gonna dry in the refrigerator. Of course you got to do a few things prior to placing in refrigerator, washing your buds but if you don’t want to do that get yourself some paper bags and glass jars and use frig

There’s this thing called attic air , sell it at all big box store , 29.99, blows cold air for 12 hours on low . You freeze the filter and that’s how it works . Cools one room to 60 degrees in some cases

There’s this thing called attic air , sell it at all big box store , 29.99, blows cold air for 12 hours on low . You freeze the filter and that’s how it works . Cools one room to 60 degrees in some cases
Arctic Air , sorry

Low & Slow fridge cure, it’s a long thread but first page will get you going >> Low & Slow fridge cure
I tried the fridge method once just to see what it was all about. I will not be going back.

Now have a supply of paper bags. Different sizes depending on how much was harvested. No point in putting a half ounce dried in a grocery store size bag when a McDonalds will work.

Brown paper bags seem to work better during the warmer months when the humidity tends to be higher.

In the winter the air seems drier and I will use some of the bags that feel like a tighter weave to the paper fibers and keep the moisture from evaporating to fast. The paper feels like it has a bit of a coating on it too and that slows the drying stage down, at least a little bit.

i do a shorter hang in dry winter conditions with great results. usually around the 20c temp with 25 - 30% rh.
i've done hang times as short as three days. the key is getting there before they are too far gone.

i also work a lot out in the jars, will add stalks, and use bovedas.
i monitor and burp the jars until a stable 60(ish) % rh, then leave sealed for a minimum of one month. at the end of that the stalks get pulled - if i needed them - and then the jars can either be used or sealed for longer term storage without burping.

everything always tastes fantastic.

you can also use the stalks in lieu of bovedas if you run short. using them in the cure helps preserve terpenes over boveda packs alone as well.

edit: i just finished one under these exact conditions.

I tried the fridge method once just to see what it was all about. I will not be going back.

Now have a supply of paper bags. Different sizes depending on how much was harvested. No point in putting a half ounce dried in a grocery store size bag when a McDonalds will work.

Brown paper bags seem to work better during the warmer months when the humidity tends to be higher.

In the winter the air seems drier and I will use some of the bags that feel like a tighter weave to the paper fibers and keep the moisture from evaporating to fast. The paper feels like it has a bit of a coating on it too and that slows the drying stage down, at least a little bit.
I will not be going back as in "it will be just refrigerator methods" from now on and "will not go back to a paper bag in a closet". The refrigerator method does take a bit longer but it makes it harder to over-dry.

i do a shorter hang in dry winter conditions with great results. usually around the 20c temp with 25 - 30% rh.
i've done hang times as short as three days. the key is getting there before they are too far gone.

i also work a lot out in the jars, will add stalks, and use bovedas.
i monitor and burp the jars until a stable 60(ish) % rh, then leave sealed for a minimum of one month. at the end of that the stalks get pulled - if i needed them - and then the jars can either be used or sealed for longer term storage without burping.

everything always tastes fantastic.

you can also use the stalks in lieu of bovedas if you run short. using them in the cure helps preserve terpenes over boveda packs alone as well.

edit: i just finished one under these exact conditions.
Do you add stalks as in leave the buds on the stick? That is what I do.

Or do you take left over sticks that have already been cleaned off and put those in the jar along with the buds?

the latter. just posted about this in my journal.

@Baron Von Blurple did recently as well. we were unawre of the other's posts lol ... so it's a thing .. :p

full

Cut up as many as you can that length. Freeze them in a Ziploc. Then when you need them, you can unleash their fury.

The Baron whole heartedly approves!
:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom