Acapulco Gold, Hydro, By Gwhunran 2023

Acapulco Gold
Day 55 since flip.

The grow area is running normally.

The plants are looking good and the buds are fattening.

The "lights on" time has been reduced to 11 hours from 12. The light power level has been reduced, 400w from 500w, and will be reduced further near the end.

CO2 bucket is bubbling along.

AG Day 55 Flower (1).JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 55 flower.

AG Day 55 Flower (2).JPG

AG Day 55 Flower (3).JPG

AG Day 55 Flower (4).JPG

AG Day 55 Flower (5).JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 55 flower. Group of colas on the left back. More Sativa looking pheno.

AG Day 55 Flower (6).JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 55 flower. Back right group of stalks.

AG Day 55 Flower (7).JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 55 flower. Close ups of some of the frosty lower buds.

AG Day 55 Flower (8).JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 55 flower. Left side bud. More Sativa leaning.

AG Day 55 Flower (9).JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 55 flower. Another Sativa leaning stalk.

Just thought I'd put a picture of one that hasn't been seen on the forum.

Wedding Cake- feminized, photoperiod, gift from friend, single seed. Sprouted at the beginning of April. Up potted 3 or 4 times. In soil. Sprouted FF Happyfrog, up potted with FF OceanForest. Used some bargan potting mix mixed with FF Oceanforest in final pot. Cheap nursery pots, but pretty big. :rolleyes:

Wedding Cake Mid June 2023 (1).jpg

Wedding Cake on right. From seed early April. It's been topped once, and is being tied horizontal on the cage where possible until it flowers. Can't say I've ever tasted the Wedding Cake strain.
My big tomato plant behind. Salad tomatoes. Probably a 100 green ones on it now.:oops:

Just thought I'd put a picture of one that hasn't been seen on the forum.

Wedding Cake- feminized, photoperiod, gift from friend, single seed. Sprouted at the beginning of April. Up potted 3 or 4 times. In soil. Sprouted FF Happyfrog, up potted with FF OceanForest. Used some bargan potting mix mixed with FF Oceanforest in final pot. Cheap nursery pots, but pretty big. :rolleyes:

Wedding Cake Mid June 2023 (1).jpg

Wedding Cake on right. From seed early April. It's been topped once, and is being tied horizontal on the cage where possible until it flowers. Can't say I've ever tasted the Wedding Cake strain.
My big tomato plant behind. Salad tomatoes. Probably a 100 green ones on it now.:oops:
I've never tasted Wedding Cake either, but I've heard good things.

Acapulco Gold
Day 55 since flip.

The grow area is running normally.

The plants are looking good and the buds are fattening.

The "lights on" time has been reduced to 11 hours from 12. The light power level has been reduced, 400w from 500w, and will be reduced further near the end.

CO2 bucket is bubbling along.

AG Day 55 Flower (1).JPG

AG Day 55 Flower (2).JPG

AG Day 55 Flower (3).JPG

AG Day 55 Flower (4).JPG

AG Day 55 Flower (5).JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 55 flower. Group of colas on the left back. More Sativa looking pheno.

AG Day 55 Flower (6).JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 55 flower. Back right group of stalks.

AG Day 55 Flower (7).JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 55 flower. Close ups of some of the frosty lower buds.

AG Day 55 Flower (8).JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 55 flower. Left side bud. More Sativa leaning.

AG Day 55 Flower (9).JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 55 flower. Another Sativa leaning stalk.
Beautiful as usual and congratulations on your nomination bro. Very well deserved imo. CL🍀 :thumb: :bravo::welldone::adore::cheesygrinsmiley:

Beautiful inside grow and outside grow. Acapulco might see those 70 days. Following close

:popcorn:
Thanks, I may have to harvest at different times on the Acapulco Gold if the right side plant continues to mature ahead of the left more Sativa looking plant. I've done it before. The 1st to be cut may not get a flush. I'vd done that before too.
Many grows ago, I made the mistake of putting a Jack Herer in the tray with OG Kush. Well the Jack Herer was not near ready when the OG was:rolleyes:.
My health is somewhat better and I can make those contortionist moves better now, to cut one stalk and leave another. The back of the tray would have to wait though. I will still pay the next day for overuse of unused muscles.

I've never tasted Wedding Cake either, but I've heard good things.
Thanks Melville,
I had already planned on growing a deck plant this year and picked Wedding Cake, because I only had the one seed, I'd never grown it or smoked it, and it's supposed parents sound like an interesting mix. It is still in veg and stinks like a skunk.:laugh:
My other outside plant, the extra Fuel D.OG was unplanned in that I usually have takers for my extra plants but not this year. So rather than killing it, I found a spot in the yard where it gets pretty good sun. It's already in flower though and the longest day is next week.:hmmmm::rolleyes:

Beautiful as usual and congratulations on your nomination bro. Very well deserved imo. CL🍀 :thumb: :bravo::welldone::adore::cheesygrinsmiley:
Thanks Capn. I'm not sure yet what the nomination is, but I'm working my way through the notifications. I always start with the oldest. There's no telling how many things I've missed by not going to the "see all" part of the notifications and going back pages instead of going through the first page and thinking that was all. :oops::rolleyes:

Thanks Capn. I'm not sure yet what the nomination is, but I'm working my way through the notifications. I always start with the oldest. There's no telling how many things I've missed by not going to the "see all" part of the notifications and going back pages instead of going through the first page and thinking that was all. :oops::rolleyes:
GJOM and well deserved imo. CL🍀

Thanks Melville,
I had already planned on growing a deck plant this year and picked Wedding Cake, because I only had the one seed, I'd never grown it or smoked it, and it's supposed parents sound like an interesting mix. It is still in veg and stinks like a skunk.:laugh:
My other outside plant, the extra Fuel D.OG was unplanned in that I usually have takers for my extra plants but not this year. So rather than killing it, I found a spot in the yard where it gets pretty good sun. It's already in flower though and the longest day is next week.:hmmmm::rolleyes:
Any thoughts on why it’s flowering before the Solstice GW? CL🍀

I've since seen the notification. I've read a bit on the nominations. Lots of good stuff.

I love the plant. I can't afford to pay retail for the amount that I go through.:rolleyes: I am always looking for strains that I want to grow and this site is most helpful in that regard. This site is a place I'm comfortable in. Members are pretty friendly and helpful and there's no shortage of members in my peer group.:rolleyes::cheesygrinsmiley:

Looking solid @gwhunran! If you would end up with any sorts of problems or any issues at all in the future don't be afraid to make contact.

I've done more DWC grows than anything else and I know the struggles when things goes sideways! Cheers bud and keep it up!

No idea. Maybe someone has an idea. I'll try and remember to take a picture of the flowering. I'll put it on the Fuel D.OG journal.
I hope you don’t mind all the questions but I respect your growing skills and enjoy your journals. CL🍀

Looking solid @gwhunran! If you would end up with any sorts of problems or any issues at all in the future don't be afraid to make contact.

I've done more DWC grows than anything else and I know the struggles when things goes sideways! Cheers bud and keep it up!
I think it would more properly be a "Flood and Drain". :rolleyes: I've mainly just grown in hydro. I'm a real rookie in soil, but, I've grown a few vegetables.:hmmmm:
I started about 11 years ago using HIDs. Started LEDs last year. It's the same room as 11 years ago but it has undergone many changes.:cheesygrinsmiley: My grow environment is just about everything I could ask for now that a decent
de-humidifier has been added. If I had hot water, I could go year round but then, when would the wife and I ever go anywhere.:rolleyes:

I hope you don’t mind all the questions but I respect your growing skills and enjoy your journals. CL🍀
I don't mind Capn. I'm afraid my social skills are somewhat lacking sometime. I've thought about it and just can't find a reason for the flowering when the days are still getting longer. The plant(5th) Fuel D.OG hasn't been stressed, It mainly gets direct sun from morning until about 1400, then it's mostly shaded until sunset. It's got bugs but they aren't doing much damage yet. As an extra plant, I want to see how it will handle bugs, and what beneficial bugs might live around here and come to the rescue.
A few years ago, growing tomatoes, I saw these little eggs on the back of a tomato caterpillar and found out they were a predatory wasp, that lays it's eggs on the back of the caterpillar and when they hatch, they eat the caterpillar from the inside out.:oops: Too cool.:bong:

I think it would more properly be a "Flood and Drain". :rolleyes: I've mainly just grown in hydro. I'm a real rookie in soil, but, I've grown a few vegetables.:hmmmm:
I started about 11 years ago using HIDs. Started LEDs last year. It's the same room as 11 years ago but it has undergone many changes.:cheesygrinsmiley: My grow environment is just about everything I could ask for now that a decent
de-humidifier has been added. If I had hot water, I could go year round but then, when would the wife and I ever go anywhere.:rolleyes:
My bad! I didn't look close enough! That's cool! I started out growing in hydro with the first generation Wilma systems way back. That's top fed but the medium is the same. We didn't know shit back then and there were no forums.

If you want to try out containers coir is a good route. Hydro mentality and practices in a soilless medium. For me coir is best of both worlds. You can play around with organic additives without worrying to much about root rot and other pathogens and the yield is the same as any other hydro method.

My bad! I didn't look close enough! That's cool! I started out growing in hydro with the first generation Wilma systems way back. That's top fed but the medium is the same. We didn't know shit back then and there were no forums.

If you want to try out containers coir is a good route. Hydro mentality and practices in a soilless medium. For me coir is best of both worlds. You can play around with organic additives without worrying to much about root rot and other pathogens and the yield is the same as any other hydro method.
Anyone using coco, [like me] would agree wholeheartedly 👍

I don't mind Capn. I'm afraid my social skills are somewhat lacking sometime. I've thought about it and just can't find a reason for the flowering when the days are still getting longer. The plant(5th) Fuel D.OG hasn't been stressed, It mainly gets direct sun from morning until about 1400, then it's mostly shaded until sunset. It's got bugs but they aren't doing much damage yet. As an extra plant, I want to see how it will handle bugs, and what beneficial bugs might live around here and come to the rescue.
A few years ago, growing tomatoes, I saw these little eggs on the back of a tomato caterpillar and found out they were a predatory wasp, that lays it's eggs on the back of the caterpillar and when they hatch, they eat the caterpillar from the inside out.:oops: Too cool.:bong:
That’s cool about the 🐝, too bad you couldn’t raise them. And yes that’s wild about her starting to flower 🌸. They couldn’t have given you an auto could they? I’m not too familiar with the strain. CL🍀

No problem. The write up in the contest mentioned DWC. I thought the roots had to hang into the water to qualify as DWC. My roots are lying in the bottom of the tray with no medium. I used clay pebbles in the tray my first two grows about ten and eleven years ago. I had pvc cut to fit the top of the trays and holes cut to hold 6"net pots. I still put clay pebbles in the net pots but not the tray itself. I've got a pump in the tote(reservoir) on a timer that floods the tray for 15 minutes every two hours during lights on.

When I start the plants before moving them into the flood and drain, I use a little DIY DWC to get them going. Usually for a week or three.
I just planted 6 feminized photoperiod Blueberry(Seedsman) seed in rapid rooters today. @Bill284 They are on a heatmat in the dark for 24 hours. Then I'll put them on a 17/7 light schedule when they sprout. I can only use four though. I hope I don't have to kill perfectly good seedlings, but it's too late to grow them outside.

Back
Top Bottom