Accelerate flowering stage - In a rush to complete the grow

kingkola1

Can I reduce the flowering time by a week by shortening the feeding times by one day each week from the nutrient suppliers recommendations? For example, I feed Sunday this week, then Saturday next week, the Friday the following week, etc. I am trying to reduce the completion of this grow as much as possible without sacrificing quality. I would be okay with a bit less yield. I have already shortened the veg by one week and the plants are just a few inches (3"-5") shorter than normal.

You can try whatever you want, and if you want to experiment that's your call. IMHO, starving/reducing nutes really won't do much to shorten the amount of time until ripening. It takes as long as it takes. What it will do is lower your yield and quality.
Maybe I was not clear. I am not starving the plants, just curious if doing 6 day intervals between feeding instead of 7 days in-between will get me to the ripening/flushing phase any faster. I typically feed on Sundays with Emerald Harvest 2 part nutes, and water about every other day or so with RO water and Cal-Mag depending on how damp the soil is.

Or is it 100% dependent on the strain and there is no way to change the time until they are ready for harvest.

I have heard that growing Auto's in small pots finish quicker than those in large pots... Not my experience... I just finished a Auto grow in large pots (20 gallon pots LOS), breeders said 65 days sprout to harvest, they actually went 115 days and I could have let them go longer as I like lots of Amber on the trich's. And in the last month I switched the lights from 18/6 to 12/12 hoping to speed things up...

it has been rumored that running your lights at 10 hours of light and 14 of darkness will cause the plants to finish sooner. Use with caution.

It's only a couple days difference in my experience, I "normally" run 10 or 11 unless I need the heat then I do the 12 (saves power bill and I can't see any difference). Cooler temps will also make it think winter coming up fast and kicks into next gear, same as daylight being shorter. But it's not like it's a week or two difference (but I'm not always running the same Strains back to back so it's limited experience with a few generations of clones of a Strain I did once, as one set didn't need the heat and the other other one wanted it as diff times of year in my shed :rofl: ).

Back
Top Bottom