Actually not my first time

Dennham77

420 Member
Hi all this forum has a lot of great info I've spent hours reading so far. And as the title of this thread states this isn't my first actual time growing. I live in the great red-nick state of Kansas. My actually first experience with growing was in 1982 I found an add in the back of a high times magazine from Hydrofarm and order a 1000 watt flame thrower and I was off.

I didn't do bad actually I went for a little over 4 years until I was in my mid 20s. Got married had kids had to work I think you all most likely know the sad story and what I had to give up to pay the bills and put food on the table.

And now at 61 I've been married for 40 years raised two kids and its my time to enjoy the rest of my life and not haft to answer to anyone but myself well and my wife.

I won't thank everyone for sharing there experiences and give me a chance to use the information.

Hi all this forum has a lot of great info I've spent hours reading so far. And as the title of this thread states this isn't my first actual time growing. I live in the great red-nick state of Kansas. My actually first experience with growing was in 1982 I found an add in the back of a high times magazine from Hydrofarm and order a 1000 watt flame thrower and I was off.

I didn't do bad actually I went for a little over 4 years until I was in my mid 20s. Got married had kids had to work I think you all most likely know the sad story and what I had to give up to pay the bills and put food on the table.

And now at 61 I've been married for 40 years raised two kids and its my time to enjoy the rest of my life and not haft to answer to anyone but myself well and my wife.

I won't thank everyone for sharing there experiences and give me a chance to use the information.
Welcome!
:passitleft:

Look forward to seeing your grow.

Welcome to the community. I’ve heard of that old system. It should be a little easier these days.

do you have anything growing?
Ya it had a big white metal box for the
Welcome to the community. I’ve heard of that old system. It should be a little easier these days.

do you have anything growing?
No nothing growing yet all the information its a little hard to warp my mind around it all. Trying figure out if its going to LED or CMH that one is going to take me wail.

Hey @Dennham77 , welcome to our awesome community!

It's great to hear you have some experience already.

I'm pushing 55 now - and I'm growing for recreation, medicine and edibles.

What kind of things are you looking to achieve here at 420? Anything specific? Or are you content just poking around and getting oriented?

If you have any questions, or would like to get pointed in a particular direction, just let us know.

I recently discovered there are a few very active sponsors here giving away prizes - so if you want a chance to win something, and learn about their products, just head over to @George from The Vault 's links below that are in my signature.

There seems to be a lot of false and misleading information out there on LED'S. Not really the actual concept of how the LED works but more the way there put together and the actual parts. I mean a 200watt LED light for $69 bucks give me a break.

That’s why you go with a reputable company like our sponsor BudgetLED. No false claims. The say what it actually pulls. Not the crazy equivalent number.

good job pointing that out to our friend

:high-five:

I will get started again its just the range of chooses that are out there now. There's so much information it takes time. I think everyone has to remember that in the early 80s there was an internet but nothing like it is today. Just type in grow light and see how many hits you get on google. What a few million.

Back
Top Bottom