Hey everyone, new member here preparing for first grow soon

Nkwow

I am 37 years old, married to the most amazing woman in the world and raising the most wonderful children in the world. I had just recently received my medical card here in the state of New Mexico and will be applying for my personal production license this week. I am enjoying reading all of the grow journals and look forward to starting my own soon, but until then I aim to educate myself and do my best to get my grow setup right the first time. I look forward to making many friends here to go along this journey with me.

:welcome: and looking forward to reading your journal.
What strain are you planning on growing?

:welcome: and looking forward to reading your journal.
What strain are you planning on growing?
I am still researching this. I suffer from chronic anxiety on a daily basis as well as mild depression and a sore, painful back after a days work. Those are the symptoms I am looking to treat so I would love to hear suggestions from anyone with experience in those areas. So far I am looking into Cannatonic, Jack Herer, and Kosher kush. I am really hoping to find a strain that will work good for anxiety without couchlock.

I am still researching this. I suffer from chronic anxiety on a daily basis as well as mild depression and a sore, painful back after a days work. Those are the symptoms I am looking to treat so I would love to hear suggestions from anyone with experience in those areas. So far I am looking into Cannatonic, Jack Herer, and Kosher kush. I am really hoping to find a strain that will work good for anxiety without couchlock.

For a moment with the intro I expected you to say you were from Lake Wobegon, but I see you are in New Mexico. :D

For anxiety without couchlock: Orange Sherbet. Barney's Farm has one that I'm growing now. @Zogs also posted a smoke report on OG Kush CBD from Dinafem that seemed to help with anxiety and not give a couchlock, IIRC. That's another I'm growing currently. For those times when you do want to get zonked out Northern Lights is also an excellent choice and it helps with pain and sleep. Yes, I'm growing that as well! lol

You have some good strains picked out. Might also want to check out Wedding Cake/Pink Cookies (it's been called either name) for an uplifting but calming strain, but definitely not for beginners unless you like it hella strong. (no, not growing it but it's on the list so maybe next time around)

Welcome,NKwow !
Northern Lights is also an excellent choice
I agree with Al-I grew my last plants to help with the same issues you're having & Northern Lights works great-it's also really easy to grow,which is a plus for a first-timer...

Welcome,NKwow !

I agree with Al-I grew my last plants to help with the same issues you're having & Northern Lights works great-it's also really easy to grow,which is a plus for a first-timer...

It's a dream (no pun intended) to grow. Mine is the Pyramid Seeds variety due to the higher CBD content compared to other breeders. It is a very forgiving strain to grow.

Thank you all for the friendly welcome and suggestions on strains. It is obvious I came to the right place here! I love seeing how helpful everyone is as I am reading through grow journals. I am sure all the info I need is here to be found. Since I have to wait for my grow license I want to take that time and get my setup right. Currently all I have decided on is the location within my home that I will use to grow. I have a closet beneath my stairs that is 3' wide by 8' deep. Still trying to figure out if I should use a tent and what light to fo with etc.... I was very impressed with Homer's Legal 4-Plant grow that he just did and am looking to do something along those lines keeping the nutes simple and equipment costs to a minimum for this first grow.

Welcome! I'm also new*ish here. I have my first plants growing right now. I cheated and got some plants already growing. I'll be doing something indoor soon I'm sure. Looking forward to following along your journey.

I am happy for you moving forwar with your license. It upsets me to see local, state, and soon the feds jumping on the opportunity to overly tax and "regulate" this plant they have demonized for decades. Suddenly, they are salivating at the $$$. You should be able to grow without restrictions the same way I grow my veggies. Sorry...I'll get off the soapbox about overreaching governments. CA has lost so many small farms and the organic artisan growers that would stock our dispensaries. The large farms and those backed by corporate interests is about all you will see now in the rec stores. It's sad. I mean...those artisan farmers are still around of course! But now they are underground AGAIN! Growing my own artisan weed. Well...it may take quite a few more grows I guess to categorize anything I do as artisan! Best of luck!
:laughtwo::cheesygrinsmiley::passitleft:

I have severe acute chronic neck and back pain. lamb's bread helps me while putting some pep n my step.

Thank you all for the friendly welcome and suggestions on strains. It is obvious I came to the right place here! I love seeing how helpful everyone is as I am reading through grow journals. I am sure all the info I need is here to be found. Since I have to wait for my grow license I want to take that time and get my setup right. Currently all I have decided on is the location within my home that I will use to grow. I have a closet beneath my stairs that is 3' wide by 8' deep. Still trying to figure out if I should use a tent and what light to fo with etc.... I was very impressed with Homer's Legal 4-Plant grow that he just did and am looking to do something along those lines keeping the nutes simple and equipment costs to a minimum for this first grow.

You're going to have more back pain of you crawl under the staircase.
Consider getting the largest tent that you have the space for and you can afford.
I started with the 28" x28"x5' tent and I should have just bought a 4'x4'x6'-5" in this first place.
Buy the best lights and digital ph meter that you can afford. Everything else is a piece of cake.
Good luck and welcome.

Mars-Hydro has some excellent lights at affordable price and some of the best are on sale right now.
If you want to check them out, ask @SmokeSara to give you a hand.
Sara is the factory rep. here at :420:.

Mars-Hydro has some excellent lights at affordable price and some of the best are on sale right now.
If you want to check them out, ask @SmokeSara to give you a hand.
Sara is the factory rep. here at :420:.
Thanks for the info. I am liking the looks of the products here but for my first grow I may not have the funds to purchase everything from here. I am trying to stay in the $200 price range for this first grow so i am thinking I will have to opt for a cheaper light or go with one of the Mars-Hydro lights and skip the tent. I had no idea that seeds were going to cost so much but I may be looking in the wrong places. Any suggestions for the most affordable seed bank to purchase from if you are in the US?

@SeedsMan is a good one,but I'm not sure how their prices compare to others.
Remember,when you're buying good genetics,you get what you pay for...
So beware of seeds that seem "a little too cheap"

What do you call expensive, Nk?
Ten bucks a seed plus shipping is cheap, compared to some.

Back
Top Bottom