AK-48 - Northern Lights - 2 X 180Watt LEDs

Re: AK-48, Northern Lights, 2X180Watt Spectra LEDs

Day 28 Veg Update...

Got the second 180 yesterday and decided I"m gonna be greedy this grow:) I'm going to leave the 150 in play-it's nearly identical to the 180's just a couple of it's spectrums use 2watt leds as opposed to 3. I've considered getting a 4th light, but I think I'm probably at the point of diminishing returns-this is 510 watts in a 36"x36" grow.
I plan to veg for 1-2 more weeks before 12/12. Super-cropped all plants again today, in the pics below you can see how the super-cropping has opened and spread her out.

Journal entry: 4.15 Ph'd 6.2, Big Bloom/Molassas bubbled 24 hrs, 3 tsp/Gal Grow Big

IMG_10796.jpg
IMG_10826.jpg
IMG_10849.jpg
IMG_10837.jpg
IMG_10853.jpg

Day 35 Veg Update

Given the girls a last final minor crop & prune, going to 12/12 in a week. Have gradually reduced time to 16/8 over the past week

Journal Entry 4/19/2011 Ph'd 6.0 Distilled Clear bubbled
Journal Entry 4/23/2011 Ph'd 6.o, Distilled, Big Bloom, Molas bubbled/fermented, 1 tsp/gal grow big fertilized, 1/4 Tsp/Gal Open Sesame

IMG_10928.jpg
IMG_109411.jpg

Week 6 Veg....Flower Time!

On 4/23 I made the error of not checking the PH of the nutrient solution correctly-patience needed while meter settles. Realized after the fact I had watered my plants with nutrient solution @ 5.2. I think all the girls are fine now, new growth is all green and they're in the grid.

Journal Entry 4/26/2011 Distilled/RO mixed bubbled, 1 Tsp/gal Epson Salt, no ph down added due to error on 4-23, measured ph of water 6.8
Journal Entry 4/30/2011 Distilled/RO mixed bubbled, 1 tsp/gal Molasses, 1TBSP/Gal Big Bloom, 1/2 tsp gal Open Sesame

IMG_11207.jpg
IMG_112110.jpg
IMG_11229.jpg

Day 6 12/12...

Girls are at grid height now and are stretching pretty fast, seeing an inch of growth daily. I've been working the main stems into the grid, bending them over and laying under an adjacent wire. Both the AK 48's have multiple hairs and one of the Northern Lights is just beginning to, I suspect it'll be fully visible tomorrow. Of the two strains I'd have to say I'm impressed with the AK-48 the most thus far, they've been very stout and sturdy plants fast growing and have a wonderful and generous stink about them.

Journal Entry 5/4/2011 Clear, RO water bubbled overnight, non ph'd

IMG_11247.jpg
IMG_112310.jpg

Hey Yum I just saw your grow great job so far!

Mr. Krip & I both grew ak48's from Nirvana, they were very different plants. His looks more sativa to me, mine was incredible, buds on top of buds and a killer smoke. He's about to harvest and also growing with LED's you should check out what you may have to look forward to.

I really can't tell which yours favors yet, it will be fun to watch. Mine was 8" when I put her into flower and grew to 31". His is a monster that's taken over his grow cab lol.

I love showing her off still so here are a few pics hope you don't mind.

2 weeks 12/12

IMAG0774.jpg

2 months 12/12

IMAG1133.jpg

right before harvest which was 89 days 12/12

IMAG1293.jpg

There's a lot of confusion about how how long this plant flowers, it's not a fast finisher. But if you can wait her out you'll be richly rewarded :lot-o-toke:

Good luck!

Hey bro I never did see more than about 20% amber, all the rest were cloudy.

I was taking test buds the last month or so, and what struck me was how in the last 2 weeks if went from so-so to knocking me on my ass. I'm so glad I waited her out and I think you will be too... good luck and keep the pics coming!

What's going on Yum.

Your thread is right up my alley because I just bought two 180's. Plus, I grew AK48 last season.

I can't really tell what type of AK48 you have from your pictures but I had the cherry pheno-- the more sativa like pheno characterized by its light green leaves and its fruity smell. From his pictures, it looks like ------- had the indica pheno (awesome plant Blue). That pheno is supposed to be lights out strong.

I like your scrog. And this thread is another good reference to LEDs. Thanks for sharing.

Hey Zoom great info... check out Mr Krips's grow and see what you think of his ak48... how did yours smoke? :peace:

Hey, Yum! Nice journal you have going here and off to a great grow. :welldone:

I'm looking forward to seeing how your AK makes out. I did some serious LST on mine and she's a monster, so I'm sure the SCROG will work out well!
:goodluck:

Day 9 12/12...

Journal Entry 05/07/11 Ph'd 6.2, RO bubbled, BB Molas brew, 1/4 tsp/gal Open sesame

Hey Zzoom, you're welcome. I'm not sure what pheno I have but for sure the AK-48 is a much more robust plant than the NL. I'm so impressed I'm debating on doing AK-48 all around next grow-only thing keeping me from it is my preference for variety and I' curious about Nirvana's Aurora Indica strain.

Here's a pic from 5 minutes ago, AK 48 really is filling in the grid

IMG_11266.jpg

That ak-48 is filling in nicely. I had a buddy who grew Nirvana AK-48, his took 86 days and it was pretty exquisite product. Good luck.

Thanks Chron. I was hoping the AK48 would be a fast finisher, but if not, hey I like quality too and will wait for it. Like the other have posted here, I've been disappointed by the Nirvana Northern Lights. I finally got a bottle of bloom fertilizer-Tiger Bloom and will be adding that in 1/2 dose this coming Sat, I just fed them yesterday, and mid week is clear only. Hopefully they'll respond and fill in their side of the grid with the addition of the TB.

Nice one man. Yeah, I am in the process of getting some mistreated females ready for flowering. They have been put into new pots and super cropped to try to get them to some manageable size. I'll be starting my own journal come flowering time. Good luck with your ladies. Hopefully the tigerbloom will help.

Aurora Indica is an awesome strain. One of my favorites. I just germinated 3 beans of it and I'm a few weeks away from putting them into 12/12.

Nirvana's a really solid company. My only warning is to stay away from the strain Full Moon. I grew it last summer and ended up tossing the whole plant. That strain puts you in a stupor-- a really dizzying, unpleasant high. That's the first time I've ever tried a cannabis strain that I didn't enjoy at all. I tried it a 2nd time to be sure and it was as unpleasant as the first time.

I'm about to turn on my new LEDs so I'll drop in again some time.

Zzoom, thanks for the info. I've been impressed with Nirvana so far as a company, all things are relative and I just don't think their NL is as hardy a plant as other NL's I've seen, just not growing at a satisfatory rate, not filling in their side of the grid, I'll post some pics here shortly-you'll see. I think I'm gonna do a AK48 and Aurora grow next. I plan on adding in a 4th 180 watt in time for that.

Day 12 12/12

The girls have received 3 doses of Open Sesame which by reading it's label indicates to be used through "bud-set". I guess what I've got below could be considered "bud-set" so will be graduating to Beastie Bloomz next feeding this coming Saturday. I will say this is the quickest I've seen bud formation in any of my grows. On the other hand, there's so many variables that have changed between now and my last grows i.e. toxic tent, not monitoring ph, no added vermiculite to smart pots, new lights from ---, etc etc. It all boils down to this garden getting the most TLC.

Journal Entry05/10/11 RO Water Ph'd to 6.0 bubbled overnight, 1/2 tsp Gal Tiger Bloom

AK-48 in the back have really filled in the grid, the NL on the front, slow, uneven growth
IMG_112710.jpg

Gradually pruning off the bottom leaves...
IMG_11288.jpg

(3) 180 Watt LEDs
IMG_112910.jpg

12 Day AK-48 Bud
IMG_11305.jpg

12 Day AK-48 Buds
IMG_11317.jpg

Thanks Krip! I'm mighty proud of the results so far, they truly are fantastic. The rate of growth I'm seeing leads me to believe I'm going to have a killer yield from this grow. Got my fingers crossed the carbon filter is going to handle it-it's about a year old already.

Back
Top Bottom