AK-48 - Northern Lights - 2 X 180Watt LEDs

Re: AK-48, Northern Lights, 2X180Watt Spectra LEDs

I haven't seen an ak48 yet that didn't grow like crazy and bud like crazy and clone like crazy. Awesome strain. You've got a great setup Yum, hope that NL kicks it into gear real quick here for you... :peace:

Hey Yum. Got a question.

I just turned on my 180s. Not sure what height to put them over my plants. I've got 'em at 24" since I'm still vegging.

How many inches between your lights and the plants? And do you lower them during the flowering phase?

Thanks.

Thanks Yum.

It's funny, I just went back to your specs and we have similar grows. I'm growing under 2 180's using 3 gallon bags of Fox Farm Ocean Forest mixed with perlite at a 70-30 ratio. I'm gonna be using the Fox Farm nutes though. And my strains are Aurora Indica, Satori and Kali Mist.

Your plants look healthy. Of course I've never seen a plant that didn't love the Ocean Forest.

Brewing Tea...

2 Gal Reverse Osmosis water
1 Tablespoon Epson Salt
3 Tablespoons Fox Farm's Big Bloom
3 Tablespoons Molasses

I don't have any CalMag at the moment, so I added a tablespoon of Epson Salt into the water this morning, I then added 3 tablespoons of Big Bloom then warmed up a cup of water and dissolved the 3 tablespoons of molasses and dumped that into the bucket. I let the bucket set out and get a full days of direct sun-it was in the mid 70's here today, the bucket is back in the grow room and will set there tonight bubbling, tomorrow a.m. I'll add 3 teaspoons tiger bloom and 1 teaspoon Beastie Bloomz and water the plants straight with that mixture.

IMG_1132_2.jpg
IMG_11336.jpg
IMG_11344.jpg

Looking great, Dig! :thumb:

Your tea sounds yummy! :yummy:

FYI...my 180W LED is suggested at optimal distance of 10"-14" above the canopy. Yours may be different, so you may want to check with them on optimal distance.

Day 17 12/12 Measurements and such

Journal Entry 5/12/2011 Fresh Rain water non-ph'd
Journal Entry 5/15/2011 Ph 6.0 RO bubbled 3 Tblsp Big Bloom, 3 Tablespoon Molasses Per 2 gal, 1.5 Tsp/gal Tiger Bloom, 1/4 tsp gal Beastie Bloomz

The grid has filled in to the point that I"ve got 2 separate environments above and below the canopy with a 6-10 degree temp difference. Around the smart pots externally I'm running 75-78 degrees, with the evaporation of moisture my soil temps are running 65-70 throughout the day ideal root zone temps from what my research & the results suggest. On the 3rd day after each watering I'll mist the smartpot fabric a couple times throughout the day so the evaporation will cool the root ball further. The lights are currently about and average of 10-11 inches from the canopy and running 12 1/2 hours daily. I'll slowly begin reducing the lighting duration in aprox 4 weeks to encourage ripening.

IMG_11358.jpg

Below canopy temp
IMG_11386.jpg

Canopy Temp
IMG_11396.jpg

The Grid @ Day 17
IMG_11406.jpg

Day 17 Bud
IMG_11367.jpg

Light height flowering, reducing 3-4" over next few weeks

Day 20 12/12/

Journal Entry 05/18/11 RO water bubbled overnight, 1 Tablespoon 3% Hydrogen peroxide, 1 tsp Tiger Bloom 1/4 tsp ph down to bring ph to 6.0

Hey Surfin' welcome aboard and enjoy the show!

I ran across a really good deal on these retractable "hangers" $10 for a pack of 2 at you local Walgreens :) For the pice their actually very well made, and are a hell of a lot better than the expensive retractable hangers I bought from the hydro store-I've already dropped 2 lights - not any of my currents HGLs- due to them slipping.
Girls seem to be doing well, buds are developing rapidly. Still not much smell to speak of-maybe that's a couple weeks away, we'll see.
IMG_11417.jpg

Found these for $10 at Walgreens
IMG_11435.jpg

They're well made

IMG_11429.jpg

Very stable

IMG_11483.jpg

See how the NL at the front haven't filled in.

IMG_11496.jpg

Good sized buds for 20 days me thinks

Day 27 12/12 Troubles...

Journal Entry 5/21/2011 Ph 6.0 RO bubbled w/rain water 2 Tbsp Big Bloom, 2 tsp gal Tiger Bloom-will give Beastie bloom on Wed
Journal Entry 5/25/2011 Nutrient Burn/leaf yellowing since 21st, clear, non ph'd bubbled distilled flush

I had decided this past Saturday that I would divide my bloom fertilizers between waterings rather than giving Tiger Bloom + Open Sesame/Beastie Bloomz/Cha-Ching all at once per the Fox Farm schedule. So, this past Saturday I decided I'd give them rain water/ro mixed 2 tsp/gal Tiger Bloom (recommended dosage per Fox Farm) + 1 Tablespoon gal Big Blooms. I intended to add Beastie Bloomz to the watering yesterday on the 25th, however by Monday I noticed substantial leaf yellowing, I'm not sure if I have nutrient burn or the opposite problem of a deficiency OR if some contaminant was in the rainwater. "When in doubt-Flush" is my motto, so I flushed them well yesterday, it appears I've got a bit more yellowing today, I'll post a pictoral update this weekend to see the progress/worsening. Any suggestions from you wall would be helpful. Here's some pics...
IMG_11547.jpg
IMG_11535.jpg
IMG_11527.jpg
IMG_1150_2.jpg
IMG_11507.jpg

Re: AK-48, Northern Lights, 2 X 180Watt LEDs

Day 28 12/12/ Troubles continue

The yellowing has worsened and I don't know why. I've really give up at this point, I'm going to proceed with a full feeding in the morning as recommended by the fox farm soil feed pdf if it kills em so be it, time to start over. 2 Gal RO bubbled, 1 Tbsp Gal Big bloom, 2 Tsp Gal Tiger Bloom, 1/4 tsp gal Beastie Bloomz 1 Tbsp gal Molasses Also included some Trich pics from the microscope.

IMG_11556.jpg
IMG_115610.jpg
PIC0102.jpg
PIC0073.jpg

Day 29 12/12 Fingers crossed...

Journal Entry 5/28/2011 RO bubbled onight w/ 1 Tbsp/Gal Molasses 1 Tbsp/Gal Big Bloom, added 2 tsp/gal Tiger Bloom 1/4 Tsp/gal Beastie bloomz 1 Tbsp Gal Hydrogen Peroxide

Got my fingers crossed the girls will pull through, got a feeding and dead leaf pruning this am. BTW very high resin production/smell with these girls but my carbon filter is keeping it under control. I'll provide frequent pictorial updates over the next few days while things are precarious.

IMG_11589.jpg
IMG_11576.jpg

@Rekles I did, and I flushed them on Weds, I just can't believe I've got a nutrient lock out situation as I've never been to full strength on my nutrients yet.

Yum, nute lock-out would not be caused by going to full dose nutes. It may be caused, however, by out-of-range PH. If you don't get your PH in range, I would not expect the plants to recover.

I would do a flush like Rekles recommends (it sounds like you already did a complete flush on Wed.), then water with 1/2 strength nutes at proper PH and monitor the run-off PH so you know what effect your soil is having on the nutes.

Back
Top Bottom