AK47 Serious Seeds - First Grow - CFL - Soil

Re: AK47 Serious Seeds, First Grow, CFL, Soil

Update :)

Growth really seems to be exploding, everything is still really healthy and vibrant

Have a look :)

DSC_1027.JPG

DSC_1028.JPG

DSC_1029.JPG

:peace:

JUst keep tabs on ventilation so temps dont fluctuate too much either way, always good to have good circulation of air. When i used cfl's on my last girl during veg i had no real heat or light stress problems, but my light moves on a track and have 3 desk fans running, the smell can get strong but i vent well so no real issues.420 Magazine

Thanks for the rep Gittergreen :)

Well the inline fan is going to be bought on tuesday , only problem is that I don't think it comes pre wired and I don't know where or what wires to get :p but until its installed I won't be able to run all the lights that I want to for flower because even with 2 lights the temps sometimes reach over 32c (89f) which is ridiculous as you know :p

I'm also going to take cuttings off all of them soon so that in a separate box they will be flowered so all the males in the main box will be revealed and can be removed :)

I know we're looking at another 2 or 3 weeks but the plants will be extensively trained by then so it shouldn't be too much of a problem its going to be as even a canopy as possible :)

Thanks for joining in

Hi GreeenFingers,
If the fan you are getting is an inline duct fan like we talked about earlier then the wiring is simple. Cut the female end of a 3 prong extension cord off and splice the wires. You can also purchase what they call a replacement appliance cord that is all ready to be spliced. They cost like $8-$10 at HD.

Hi GreeenFingers,
If the fan you are getting is an inline duct fan like we talked about earlier then the wiring is simple. Cut the female end of a 3 prong extension cord off and splice the wires. You can also purchase what they call a replacement appliance cord that is all ready to be spliced. They cost like $8-$10 at HD.

That sounds pretty simple, thanks :) If there is any confusion I'll be sure to let you know.

Update:

Fed nutes again today still only the 1ml/litre solution, they seem to love it so far.

As I said the inline fan is going to be bought and hopefully installed on Tuesday. So at the moment the hole in the wall is idle meaning that the boxes extraction is circulating back into the room. This was the plan until everything can be hooked up and it seemed perfectly reasonable because there shouldn't really be any smell in veg,

But the entire room absolutely STINKS :hmmmm: its only like 2 to 3 weeks into veg ? ha ha

Here is a quick group picture

Enjoy

11583.JPG

I'm still veging, and my fiancé says she catches a wift every so often. I thought it was all in her head because I also thought it was too soon for any smell. I personally don't smell anything, but then again I'm a smoker and she's not.

I'm still veging, and my fiancé says she catches a wift every so often. I thought it was all in her head because I also thought it was too soon for any smell. I personally don't smell anything, but then again I'm a smoker and she's not.

Oh its only ever been sort of a whiff then ? Thats all I thought it really should be but the whole room smells like its been smoked out for days ha ha I was expecting flowering to be as strong smelling as this :p

Update time :)

The plants are still Vegging away like crazy we have side shoots everywhere on all plants. In the next two days cuttings are going to be taken of each side shoot from every plant, Veg them for about 5 days and switch them to flower, so hopefully ill know everybodys sex in about 2 weeks and the males taking up room in the main box can be pulled ( All plants will be LST'd during this 2 week period) . New clones from all the newly discovered females will then be kept in veg so a nice mother can be decided down the line. :) We will then be able to switch the main box to 12/12 with all 5 lights ( 625w ) + UVB and hopefully with no heat problems.

The inline fan was bought today :yahoo:

I also picked up a nice carbon filter that is skinny but long ( Perfect for putting at the very top of the box taking up no space or height at all )

Here are the pictures :)

Enjoy

Below: Inline Fan box, 170 CFM, 125mm

11585.JPG

Below: Inline Fan, 170 CFM, 125mm ( 5in ) You should hear it, it might as well be completely silent :)

21197.JPG

Below: Carbon Filter, 300 CFM, 125mm X 400mm ( 5in X 16in )

31062.JPG

Below: Ducting, 127mm

4740.JPG

Below: Group Shot :)

5568.JPG

Below: A really cool Fan Speed Regulator that I got on ebay for under €10, It controls the Inline fan perfectly, the speed/rotation of the fan can be controlled just by turning the knob. It saves paying €50 for a switch (that is recommended) that only gives you 2 speeds :)

6473.JPG

I will be able to get around to installing everything tomorrow so I will be posting more pictures of the end result.

Feel Free to comment :)

Update

Finally got everything finished, It all went according to plan :yahoo: It just took a little (LOT) of time to set up ha ha

The temperatures are finally stabilising at around 26c - 28c ( 79f - 82f ) :)

There is also an Extremely strong negative pressure in the box so I know that if there are any more heat problems the passive intake can just be slightly enlarged to allow more air to pass through the box.

The entire system so far is very quiet except for some vibrational sounds, I am assuming this is because the fan is screwed into the wall and the vibrations are travelling. I have to figure out a way to dampen the sound, anybody have any suggestions ?

The Entire Set Up :)

Below are a group of photos where starting at the top will be the Vent to outside, working down to the plants as if you were actually looking at it yourself.

Enjoy :)

Below: The vent at the very top that was drilled through the wall to outside.

11587.JPG

Below: The vent leads from the top press and down through a Secret Compartment where the Inline Fan is housed.

21199.JPG

Below: The Inline Fan and Ducting that leads through to the Secret Grow Box. You can also see where the Inline Fan plugs in and its speed control.

31065.JPG

Below: The Ducting coming through the top panel of the grow box and connecting to the carbon filter.

4743.JPG

Below: Looking in through the top panel of the grow box at the full length of the carbon filter and how it connects. The carbon filter is suspended with 2 loops of wire wrapped around it and then attached to 2 hooks.

5570.JPG

Below: The Light Board. I decided that I wanted all lights to be facing the same way, So the wooden CFL holders that were made were all switched to the same side. You can see circled in red where they have been removed from. you can look back to the previous photos to see how it used to be. :)

6476.JPG

Below: All the Happy ( No longer Heat Stressed ) plants :) they are all on their 6th and 7th inter-nodes now and only about 5 inches tall. :) They are also branching everywhere.

7429.JPG

Hope you liked them, please feel free to comment everybody :)

If everything goes according to plan, Clones of all plants will be taken tomorrow ( Any tips People ? )

All the plants after having cuttings taken will all be tied town to one side, the beginning of the LST. More pictures will follow :)

Peace

loving the up dates man and ur plants are looking nicely noded keep up the great work ! i would wait till u find out which one is female before taking clones instead of taking them from all it going to be a pain in the ass and u might mix up which one is if female when it comes to having a male in the mix ttly how this helps with ur decision pce sincerely geturgrowon

Love everything about your set-up. That fan and filter are gonna work great. You asked about minimizing vibrations from where the fan is mounted to the wall. Two ideas for you... Small rubber O- rings and washers placed between fan and wall, or a thin rubber mat like a welcome mat, cut screw holes into it and place entire mat between wall and fan. Both ideas of course involve re-mounting fan but will take care of the vibrations. With the size of your fan the rubber mat would most likely work much better.
Hope this helps and keep up the great work.

Do you have a plan of when you will switch to flower?

Back
Top Bottom