Alaskey Purplish RDWC

Res. is full. and Silica has been added. Fill time was a little more than 3 hours... not bad. I lost my water pump. Now heres probably the most basic mechanism to be found. To rebuild it basically only requires a new spindle, a steel rod about .093 in diameter. Which they could sell for $4 and make a decent profit... nope. None to be found. Sad. Even worse is the pile of waterpumps I've collected that I now get to go through to find the next candidate.

So, I just got off the phone with my bank. I found, about a month ago i had a reoccurring charge from Amazon for 14 bucks, and it had been going on for some time. I dont like Amazon and would NEVER sign up for Prime, but somehow they put me on their membership. Turns out I had used my wife's Amazon account to buy something. When she got a new card the service payment couldn't be made, so they just used my card. Unreal. Fuck Amazon!

Gmornin guys, :passitleft: Hope all well. How long without air would a large plant survive in RDWC? If you soaked your toes in the water, would the plants live longer or die a horrible death? I'm ripped on a blend of White Widow and Bubba Kush so don't mind me. Stay stoneder.

Amazon is kind of one of those love hate relationships for me anyways.
I've never liked it. The pricing is much better if at all. The shipping is the only thing going for it, but honestly I don't mind waiting

I've never liked it. The pricing is much better if at all. The shipping is the only thing going for it, but honestly I don't mind waiting

You do have to be careful some things are a good deal others are a plain ripoff. In some of the stuff is just straight out misleading

I will try and buy from the small guy first if I can but the price has to be comparable as well.

Gmornin guys, :passitleft: Hope all well. How long without air would a large plant survive in RDWC? If you soaked your toes in the water, would the plants live longer or die a horrible death? I'm ripped on a blend of White Widow and Bubba Kush so don't mind me. Stay stoneder.
I have seen plants wilt during a nute change. It was so bad once that I lost a branch. Sounds wierd, but just one branch wilted so bad that I had to cut it off. But this was a situation of roots without water. I can't say how long it takes for O2 to migrate out of water, either through plant absorption or just coming out of solution back into the atmosphere. The volume of water plays a major role, as would the concentration of O2 held in the water to start with. Sidenote: water can only hold so much Oxygen. Its usually considered to be 10PPM, but there are variables that need to be controlled. The cooler the water the more O2 it will hold. You won't see 10PPMs at 80 degrees. Another factor is the quality of bubbles, or the action on the water that creates the bubbles. A membrane diffuser is much better than an equal size airstone. Some say a waterfall is the best of all. In saying that. A plant won't last long if your PPMs fall below 4 or so. So to answer your first question I have no idea. To answer your second question I have a question for you... your toes, or mine?

You do have to be careful some things are a good deal others are a plain ripoff. In some of the stuff is just straight out misleading

I will try and buy from the small guy first if I can but the price has to be comparable as well.
I hear you. They don't have control over the products, so they have no control over quality.

I have a favorite hydro store. I use them when I can, but they sorta suck now for some reason, I can't win! Haha

The grow store I deal with they have a lowest price guarantee. And I have mentioned Amazon to them more than once and they beat their price immediately. But it seems to depend on who is working that day.
Nothing wrong with price matching. BG Hydro (my store) rarely has much competition when it comes to price, except ironically yesterday I saw a 10000K double ended bulb for finishing plants that was $30 more than elsewhere. But thats very rare.

I bought one of these a couple weeks ago... pretty amazing deal

Back
Top Bottom