Antics Perpetual Learning Experience

Thanks for this Antics. I wasn't aware of the recommended range for LEDs.

Me neither, and I just can't find the exact page again that I was reading about it. I did find these, though:
The Basics Of Plant Lighting Suggests a minimum of 22.75 w/sqft and as high as 35 w/sqft.
Calculating square footage vs. lights needed Hosebomber suggests 35+ w/sqft with LED here.

I was growing using the absolute bare, bare minimum, so that might have a lot to do with my bud size. Dutty also suggested that I increase my lighting as well.

Hello Antics, the yoyo is also on the way, don't worry, you will get it soon. :circle-of-love:

Thanks Sara! I wanted to ask, since the first light, the yoyo was sent in the box with my light. The new light is awesome :thumb:

Can't wait to see the results

Me neither :) I don't think I'll yield as much as I wanted, but I'm hoping the trichomes are indicative of a nice potency. So I'll need to do a smoke report using small amounts and reporting the effects.

Quick note, and this might help someone out there who has 2 or more lights that won't stay where they want them due to how they're hanging.

Obviously, buying more hanging hardware, or yoyo hangers to hang the lights from 2 separate points will correct this problem, but not everyone can run out and spend the cash, or in my case, I'm still waiting for my hangers to arrive, so in the meantime, you can fix the crooked hanging panels with just a simple coat hanger.

Depending how far apart your lights are, you may need more than 1 clothes hanger, but my lights are only 8-10" apart, so I only needed 1 hanger, and had extra wire.

The thinner wire hangers work best, and even then it's a tight fit, You want a thin wire, but it has to still be somewhat rigid. My hanger was a white painted wire hanger. You straighten the hanger, then cut lengths of wire, a little longer than the distance you want between the lights. Bend the end at a right angle, then move outward about 1cm, and bend again so the cut end is parallel to the long middle section of wire.

Insert the ends of the wire into the holes that the hanging clips attach to, and done!

IMG_20150408_180739_116.jpg

IMG_20150408_180733_448.jpg

IMG_20150408_180751_658.jpg

Shopping for nutrients isn't fun.

I'd love to go with a coco A+B, but I'd need to buy a grow A B, and Bloom A B. Then beyond that, they all seem to have a reduced NPK on the coco specific nutes, while the instructions have you mixing MORE nutrient solution for each stage of growth that standard nute systems.

I'm currently looking At a few standard base nutrient systems from Advanced, and House and Garden now. I really hate shopping. :)

Nice one antics, I think your gonna get a decnet yield out of her :) Ive since posted a update, maybe ud pop by and have a look? ive few questions for the more experienced grower :)

Nice one antics, I think your gonna get a decnet yield out of her :) Ive since posted a update, maybe ud pop by and have a look? ive few questions for the more experienced grower :)

If you have questions for a more experienced grower, I won't be stopping by lol. I'm kidding, I'll be by in a bit, 30 minutes or so. I have to go take care of the plants, and then I'll be over.

As long as you keep reading up on various topics, it'll speed up the learning time. Especially the topic in my signature, Everything you need to grow Cannabis, that one is just full of great information, and it's usually the first place I go when I have questions, or want to learn about something.

If you have questions for a more experienced grower, I won't be stopping by lol. I'm kidding, I'll be by in a bit, 30 minutes or so. I have to go take care of the plants, and then I'll be over.

As long as you keep reading up on various topics, it'll speed up the learning time. Especially the topic in my signature, Everything you need to grow Cannabis, that one is just full of great information, and it's usually the first place I go when I have questions, or want to learn about something.

Ditto!!

Antics, I posted something last night in my journal that you may find interesting. All about pH and TDS and fixing pH issues. I know you struggled with pH earlier, and my struggle is hopefully on the up swing thanks to this.

Ok, I'll be over there in 10-ish. Just doing a quick update on Strawberry Blue first. Then your journal, then time to visit my Veg cabinet.

Update. Just because.

Day 63 of 65-70
This marks the first day of Harvest, as Herbies lists a 9 week Flower time. Unfortunately, my girl will be going a bit longer. Trichomes on top buds aren't showing enough cloudy for me.

Smell. Since adding the second light, smell has increased dramatically. And it's absolutely lovely. It reminds me of the smell of the Cannabis I used to buy, every bag smelled the same, Cannabis, with almost a hint of chocolate. It's always been a smell I'd never forget, opening every bag and taking a whiff always had the same reaction, "Ahhh fuck that smells good!"

The plant:
IMG_20150409_090327_504.jpg

She's doing pretty well, buds have increased in size a little, not much, but there is a subtle increase, which I'll show in the comparison coming next:

This was taken on March 6th:
IMG_20150406_081345_527.jpg

And this was taken today:
IMG_20150409_090314_753.jpg

This was taken March 6th:
IMG_20150406_081354_120.jpg

And this is today:
IMG_20150409_090305_577.jpg

Now off to visit Dan, then visit my Vegging girls!

Good comparison pics, Antics. Looking good buddy!

Thanks brother!

And a little update on the Vegging girls:

Cotton Candy 15 days from when it emerged:
IMG_20150409_095405_182.jpg

CC is being fed nutes @ the rate of 2.5ml/gallon of Micro, Grow, and Bloom.

Big Bang 9 days from when she emerged:
IMG_20150409_095413_945.jpg

She was slowed down a lot, I believe from some leftover nutes in the coco, as you can see some burning on the tips of her leaves.
She is being fed @ the rate of .625ml/gallon, Micro, Grow and Bloom.

No good news on Big Bang #1, or the clones. A few clones have lost some leaves, and the little new growth that I have seen, shows she still wants to flower.

Update with some major changes.

First, clones. Not a whole lot going on here. I took 4 clones from Strawberry Blue. One, the leaves are almost dead, with some tiny new growth starting. But we may not see anything come of this one.

The other 3 have lost their bigger leaves, all small leaves now, but still alive. And one of them is growing pistils and insists on flowering. The other 2 seem to be stopping that nonsense.

All 3 are showing bumps on the stem, but above where the rooting powder was applied. And one of those 3 has a small root starting, but it was starting above the level of coco, so I've filled them all in to the top, with soil.

Yes, soil. I'm switching back for the next grow. I won't see the yield I wanted, so lets try something new. Soil + LED.

I have already transplanted Big Bang #2, and Cotton Candy into soil as well. At this point, I think Big Bang #1 is a lost cause. No new growth at all.

Strawberry Blue will be finished in coco.

My yoyo hangers arrived today as well, so the lights are all hanging properly now :thumb:

And a big thanks to Dutty for taking out time to answer all my newb questions. :thanks:
You can check out his journal here: My garden

I haven't had a bit of luck with cloning every time they start looking good then they die I might have to quit being cheap and get a cloner sb looks tasty looking forward to the harvest

I haven't had a bit of luck with cloning every time they start looking good then they die I might have to quit being cheap and get a cloner sb looks tasty looking forward to the harvest

This is my first try, so we'll see how it goes. But if it doesn't work out, always try again until you get it right :thumb:

What's your process for cloning? Check my journal, so far I'm 3 for 3. And last time I used the same method it was successful. Really simple too imo

Well this is my first time, and these were lollipopped branches that I was going to throw out, so initially I didn't care too much if it worked or not. But this is what I did:

Plain water, glass jar, 2- 12"/30cm sections of willow, broken into 1"/ 2.5cm sections, and put into the water. Clones put into the water. Cap screwed on. I changed out the air twice a day for 10 minutes or so. Lights on 18/6. After a week some leaves started to yellow, but they were all still alive. No roots after about 2 weeks.

Next I bought some rooting powder, dipped stems, tapped excess off, and straight into coco in 3"/7.5cm pots. I have soda bottles with the labels removed, caps on, and bottom cut off, sitting on each clone. Every few days I'd look them over, remove the domes, remove any dead large leaves, but all the smaller leaves still look good.

But that's my half-assed process that I used. Duttay has a lot more experience, and if you guys really want a good cloning system, follow his advice. I was simply experimenting, but it looks like I might have 1 clone, and possibly 2 more, we'll know more in a week or so :)

Back
Top Bottom