Antics Power Flower - Cali Jack FIM Grow

exceptional work my friend Fun and good times at your place.

Thank you! I'm hoping to see a better yield, and a higher potency this time around.

I can almost smell that PF from here. Cali Jack looks pretty tasty too.

I hope to be going by my buddies place this weekend and provide an update on PF, I'm almost at the 4th week of bloom and she is now outdoors on a full time basis.

The smell is amazing. I think you're going to love when your harvest time comes around. Get some pictures if possible, that outdoor lighting is going to help her explode with growth.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnd let's update real quick.

Day 62 of Flower, Power Flower is done. I'm starting to see a few amber trichomes popping up on the buds themselves in a few places, so to avoid too much of a body high, today is the day. She's been cut down, and will chill in the drying box COMPLETE for a couple days. Then I'll remove the fan leaves. After a couple more days, the sugar leaves will be removed. A couple days after that, a full trim and manicure, then I'll finish the dry, then go to curing.

Cali Jack has been moved right into the middle of the lights, and I'm about 3 weeks out from harvest on her (Breeder says I have 1-3 weeks left, we have very few pistils changing, so she's probably going the full 11 weeks total, or 3 weeks more), and judging from the high level of nutes I had in the soil on PF, I am starting the flush now. She will receive clean water, watered until full runoff is achieved, and then have the pan drained.

I'm currently considering only growing one plant for the next grow, and seeing if I can Produce the same yield weight, and potency with 1 plant, as I'm going to see with 2 plants from this grow. I have to raise the bar somehow. Or I might just do 2 plants again, and set a goal above what I'll yield this harvest, and try to exceed it.

After about a week I'll have a harvest weight on Power Flower, and a small smoke sample to see how well I did, or didn't do. lol

They look better with every picture :) Congratulations on the chop! I hope it smokes as good as it looks. Having to hold branches up because of heavy buds...those are the kind of problems I need, haha!

We'll be watching out for your smoke report and checking out the final size on Cali Jack. I kind of hope you decide on a single grow next, because it'd be interesting to see how the result compares (obviously there are other variables but it'd give more of an idea than no test at all). We were debating just doing one seed next time ourselves - it looks like it'd have much more light and a more stable environment. It just seems like a risk in case something happens - no backup with only one girl, and she might be lonely!

Good luck on the remainder of your harvest, and CJ's last few weeks. Not that it looks like you need it :goodjob:

Ok that drying method WORKS. However..

As soon as your fan leaves shrink to about 50% of their size, you'll want to remove them. Being a CFL grow, my plants don't grow as big as some of you folks with HID and LED systems, but 1 day was the longest I should have waited. I just finished trimming at the end of day 2 of the drying, and although the fan leaves were still fairly easy to remove, the sugar leaves were all stuck to the buds from hanging upside down.

So it makes trimming a lot more difficult if you wait too long. But on the good side of things, at day 2, my SMALLEST branches still flex, and don't break. At the end of day 2 on my previous harvest, I had some middle sized branches just starting to snap, and the smallest ones would just completely break.
The buds are noticeably shrinking each day, and I can still feel moisture on them today. The smell is still very "green", but the Cannabis aroma is coming through a little.

Although the trimming was a huge pain in the ass, I'd still use this method again, just with a little practice and refining tailored to each plant's specific dry time needs, based on leaf size, bud size and density.

When I harvest Cali Jack, I will immediately remove ALL leaves, separate branches, and hang until dry. When both are dry and cured I'll give them a taste test comparison side by side.

Ok update time.

Cali Jack is on a water diet still. Watering at regular intervals now to rehydrate whatever nutes are in the soil so she can use those up. Week 2 and 3 I'll start the actual flushing.

Since there's nothing else to really add, let's get to the pictures:
2014-09-03_08-49-35_933.jpg

2014-09-03_08-49-49_471.jpg

And here are pictures of the backbuilding experiment.

This is the uncut bud:
2014-09-03_08-51-09_198.jpg

2014-09-03_08-54-57_424.jpg

And this is the cut bud:
2014-09-03_08-50-32_658.jpg

2014-09-03_08-55-19_97.jpg

Ok update time.

Cali Jack is on a water diet still. Watering at regular intervals now to rehydrate whatever nutes are in the soil so she can use those up. Week 2 and 3 I'll start the actual flushing.

Since there's nothing else to really add, let's get to the pictures:
2014-09-03_08-49-35_933.jpg

2014-09-03_08-49-49_471.jpg

And here are pictures of the backbuilding experiment.

This is the uncut bud:
2014-09-03_08-51-09_198.jpg

2014-09-03_08-54-57_424.jpg

And this is the cut bud:
2014-09-03_08-50-32_658.jpg

2014-09-03_08-55-19_97.jpg

What is back building?

I got pictures but can't find my camera cord. will find it soon.

Thank you! I'm hoping to see a better yield, and a higher potency this time around.

The smell is amazing. I think you're going to love when your harvest time comes around. Get some pictures if possible, that outdoor lighting is going to help her explode with growth.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnd let's update real quick.

Day 62 of Flower, Power Flower is done. I'm starting to see a few amber trichomes popping up on the buds themselves in a few places, so to avoid too much of a body high, today is the day. She's been cut down, and will chill in the drying box COMPLETE for a couple days. Then I'll remove the fan leaves. After a couple more days, the sugar leaves will be removed. A couple days after that, a full trim and manicure, then I'll finish the dry, then go to curing.

Cali Jack has been moved right into the middle of the lights, and I'm about 3 weeks out from harvest on her (Breeder says I have 1-3 weeks left, we have very few pistils changing, so she's probably going the full 11 weeks total, or 3 weeks more), and judging from the high level of nutes I had in the soil on PF, I am starting the flush now. She will receive clean water, watered until full runoff is achieved, and then have the pan drained.

I'm currently considering only growing one plant for the next grow, and seeing if I can Produce the same yield weight, and potency with 1 plant, as I'm going to see with 2 plants from this grow. I have to raise the bar somehow. Or I might just do 2 plants again, and set a goal above what I'll yield this harvest, and try to exceed it.

After about a week I'll have a harvest weight on Power Flower, and a small smoke sample to see how well I did, or didn't do. lol

I got pictures but can't find my camera cord. will find it soon.

The joys of moving lol. I'll be looking forward to seeing the pictures, or even just an update would work when you have the time.

Thanks for stopping in!

And as of 4 days drying, there were 3 smaller branches that have completed the drying process, and are now in the canning jar to start curing. Total weight of that stuff is a little over 1 gram. All the rest of the branches are still currently drying.

Tiny 1 gram sized update:

The dried buds are still in the curing jar, humidity hasn't gone over 64% in the jar all day. Proper drying has been achieved! Now I just have to let the rest of the bud finish up.

My problem last harvest is that I put the buds into the jar too soon, which ended up keeping too much chlorophyll smell (like dried hay), and not enough pure bud smell. Lesson learned!

LOL I'm going to wait until after I have a total dry weight. I wanted to hit at least 14 grams from this plant, so I need every tiny bud to make sure I get there.

I'll be really disappointed if I don't get at least half an ounce man.

And the other plant, I want 3/4 of an ounce.. 21 grams or more.

I see too many guys growing 1 ounce+ plants without any hard work at all, I need to join that 1 ounce club! And To make sure of it, I will be buying a new LED light from one of our sponsors next week. I have a lot of people here in my family that need Cannabis oil, so I need to increase my yields.

Tiny 1 gram sized update:

The dried buds are still in the curing jar, humidity hasn't gone over 64% in the jar all day. Proper drying has been achieved! Now I just have to let the rest of the bud finish up.

My problem last harvest is that I put the buds into the jar too soon, which ended up keeping too much chlorophyll smell (like dried hay), and not enough pure bud smell. Lesson learned!

that was my issue also ..i tried the drying method above and found it so much easier to trim the leaves before they wilted . i better not mess my dry cure up this grow like before, i made a drying box with 2 pc fans one in and one out and i have jars with hygrometers. out of 3 harvest i have achieved proper dry\cure.. growing the girl seemed to be the easy part lol this has stumped me..

that was my issue also ..i tried the drying method above and found it so much easier to trim the leaves before they wilted . i better not mess my dry cure up this grow like before, i made a drying box with 2 pc fans one in and one out and i have jars with hygrometers. out of 3 harvest i have achieved proper dry\cure.. growing the girl seemed to be the easy part lol this has stumped me..

I'll definitely be trimming within one day of cutting the plant down now. But I trimmed my last harvest before drying and it was so much easier, and actually almost enjoyable. This seemed more like a chore. The box I'm using, I let the flaps kinda hang open a little, and I punched out the carry holes on the sides and have it sitting across the room from my AC unit, and it died a pretty good job. The drying is now complete, and it took 5 total days to dry, which I don't think is too bad considering I do have some smaller buds that a lot of growers out there. But I'll get into this more in the update below...

You have a beautiful girl there sir. May I take her to the prom? :circle-of-love:

I checked that video, good stuff man thanks.

lol no way, she's all mine :D Thanks for the compliment, I'm really pleased how well this grow turned out for me. Which again leads to my update below...

So here's my update.

I did it. I hit my goal! Holy shit am I stoked man! I was figuring I'd see about HALF that. And after I trimmed the first buds that were ready yesterday and only had 1 gram, I honestly started losing hope that i'd hit my goal.

But I didn't just hit my goal... I DESTROYED IT!!!!!!!!! over 1 ounce from Power Flower! And it actually feels like the buds were a LITTLE too dry, so maybe I would have had a tiny bit more weight, but who cares! I exceeded my goal, so I'm a happy Antics right now!

I have such a Cannabis boner right now lol.

Anyways, let's get into the pictures before I pee myself over here.

These were my best colas/buds from this grow. They ended up double in size over my last grow's best cola.
2014-09-05_09-28-15_884.jpg

Weight? I'll show you weight!

I had to use a lid from one of those glad containers since the scale tray is too small. But yes, the scale was zeroe'd out before weighing, as shown here:
2014-09-05_09-25-00_250.jpg

And although it's not the most accurate scale, it's close enough for me since I don't sell anything. I just like to have a good idea where my grows ended up, so I get a good idea if I'm doing things right or wrong.

So here it all is:
2014-09-05_09-25-34_767.jpg

2014-09-05_09-25-58_165.jpg

30.82 grams roughly, or 1.08 ounces.

And Cali Jack has way more colas, all of which are much fatter, and lots of smaller bud sites too. I might see 1.5 ounces from Cali Jack! This is so fucking awesome! I'll have enough Cannabis to make a GOOD batch of Cannabis Oil for my girlfriend's mother! AND some for myself!!! (She has real bad fibromyalgia, and arthritis, and I have a seizure disorder) So although I enjoy a relaxing smoke, this truly is medicinal.

And honestly... I decided to order an LED Grow light after that first weigh in... I thought I was going to fail on the grow, and I have people that need this oil in my family, so I figured I'll make this my last failed grow, and order an LED.

But shit! Mannnnnnn I'm so stoked! Sorry for all the swearing.. and typing. I just doubled what I wanted to yield!

AHHHHHHH! I have to go celebrate or something. But I also have to pee... Ah well. Thank you all for stopping in! I can't wait to harvest Cali Jack now!

She is currently at day 67, and the breeder suggests a 63-77 day flowering period. So she's getting reeeeeally close now :D

Yahoo, Buddy. I'm excited for yah. I can tell your one happy boy with all that typing. Maybe there's hope yet for mine. Congrats again on the great grow and the help.

I'll definitely be trimming within one day of cutting the plant down now. But I trimmed my last harvest before drying and it was so much easier, and actually almost enjoyable. This seemed more like a chore. The box I'm using, I let the flaps kinda hang open a little, and I punched out the carry holes on the sides and have it sitting across the room from my AC unit, and it died a pretty good job. The drying is now complete, and it took 5 total days to dry, which I don't think is too bad considering I do have some smaller buds that a lot of growers out there. But I'll get into this more in the update below...

dont dare fuckin apologize . i felt crazy emotions when i finally grew a crop seed to harvest . its pride man and plenty of good medicine lol..

lol no way, she's all mine :D Thanks for the compliment, I'm really pleased how well this grow turned out for me. Which again leads to my update below...

So here's my update.

I did it. I hit my goal! Holy shit am I stoked man! I was figuring I'd see about HALF that. And after I trimmed the first buds that were ready yesterday and only had 1 gram, I honestly started losing hope that i'd hit my goal.

But I didn't just hit my goal... I DESTROYED IT!!!!!!!!! over 1 ounce from Power Flower! And it actually feels like the buds were a LITTLE too dry, so maybe I would have had a tiny bit more weight, but who cares! I exceeded my goal, so I'm a happy Antics right now!

I have such a Cannabis boner right now lol.

Anyways, let's get into the pictures before I pee myself over here.

These were my best colas/buds from this grow. They ended up double in size over my last grow's best cola.
2014-09-05_09-28-15_884.jpg

Weight? I'll show you weight!

I had to use a lid from one of those glad containers since the scale tray is too small. But yes, the scale was zeroe'd out before weighing, as shown here:
2014-09-05_09-25-00_250.jpg

And although it's not the most accurate scale, it's close enough for me since I don't sell anything. I just like to have a good idea where my grows ended up, so I get a good idea if I'm doing things right or wrong.

So here it all is:
2014-09-05_09-25-34_767.jpg

2014-09-05_09-25-58_165.jpg

30.82 grams roughly, or 1.08 ounces.

And Cali Jack has way more colas, all of which are much fatter, and lots of smaller bud sites too. I might see 1.5 ounces from Cali Jack! This is so fucking awesome! I'll have enough Cannabis to make a GOOD batch of Cannabis Oil for my girlfriend's mother! AND some for myself!!! (She has real bad fibromyalgia, and arthritis, and I have a seizure disorder) So although I enjoy a relaxing smoke, this truly is medicinal.

And honestly... I decided to order an LED Grow light after that first weigh in... I thought I was going to fail on the grow, and I have people that need this oil in my family, so I figured I'll make this my last failed grow, and order an LED.

But shit! Mannnnnnn I'm so stoked! Sorry for all the swearing.. and typing. I just doubled what I wanted to yield!

AHHHHHHH! I have to go celebrate or something. But I also have to pee... Ah well. Thank you all for stopping in! I can't wait to harvest Cali Jack now!

She is currently at day 67, and the breeder suggests a 63-77 day flowering period. So she's getting reeeeeally close now :D

dont dare fuckin apologize . i felt crazy emotions when i finally grew a crop seed to harvest . its pride man and plenty of good medicine lol.this is a victory . now enjoy the fruits of your labor !!:bravo:

Thanks all! And just so everyone understands WHY I'm so excited about 1 ounce...

These were my last 2 harvests from auto flowers:
2014-05-30_10-22-23_758.jpg

2014-06-15_19-55-55_776.jpg

So on this 2nd grow, I just wanted to double my yield of each plant, so I wanted 1/2 ounce from each, 1 ounce total.
Instead, I hit the total goal with 1 plant, and later I adjusted the goal of Cali Jack from 1/2 ounce, to 3/4 ounce because the buds are much bigger. But it looks like I might see 1.5-2 ounces from Cali Jack.

So I'm totally stoked about this. And I'm still going to buy an LED light for the next grow. AND I'm going to grow 1 plant for the next grow, and still try to beat my yield from this harvest of 2 plants, with 1 plant.

Always set your goals and challenges higher! I love a good challenge and a chance to improve.

I'll keep updating the progress on Cali Jack as she gets closer to harvest.

Back
Top Bottom