Antics Power Flower - Cali Jack FIM Grow

thats a real problem isn't it to much greenery and not enough jars. Don't we all wish we had that problem You are becoming the green thumb guy.

ahahahahaha i wish man. I'm so far off from being a green thumb pro it isn't funny lol.

I'd rate my grow performance as "acceptable", but far from amazing or impressive. I'm hoping the new LED will help me at least impress myself during the next grow.

Update time.

Day 73

No big changes since the last update. Calyxes are swelling, new growth keeps coming. I haven't checked trichomes yet today, I'll be doing that later today.

So on to the pictures:

2014-09-11_07-35-16_652.jpg

2014-09-11_07-38-40_82.jpg

2014-09-11_07-36-26_646.jpg

2014-09-11_07-37-15_33.jpg

2014-09-11_07-37-31_246.jpg

2014-09-11_07-37-48_103.jpg

2014-09-11_07-38-03_238.jpg

I'm starting to think I'm going to see at least 40-45 grams on this harvest. :)

damn i cant wait .. great job .. i know u r so ready to taste those ladies .

damn i cant wait .. great job .. i know u r so ready to taste those ladies .

I can't wait either man. I'm real excited to see how much Cali Jack yields. The buds are pretty impressive for only using CFLs, so I'm really happy with how they've turned out. And you KNOW I can't wait to see how she tastes :) But most of Cali Jack will be used for making oil, I kind of have my first patient, although I don't think I'm an official caregiver, it's what I'll be doing with a lot of my free time. My first patient will be using the oil to treat Fibromyalgia, and Arthritis, as well as a few other more minor ailments.
But I definitely will be sampling all the Cannabis I grow to ensure potency, quality, and taste to the best of my abilities.

Lookin killer Antics! And If I havent already, good job on the harvest!

Thanks brother, it's nothing like yours yet, but I figure one day I'll be up there with you in skill level. But as of now, this being my second grow, is my absolute best so far, and I ALMOST doubled my previous harvest of 2 plants, with just 1 this time around.

I had a little over half an ounce total from my last grow with 2 plants. And I have a little over 1 ounce from Power Flower, and as the days go on, my yield expectations for Cali Jack slowly climb.

If she keeps going, I might be looking at 1.75 ounces from 1 plant grown with CFLs. I'm really stoked about how well this grow has gone.

And next grow, I'll be using LED, which should arrive Tuesday.

What a wonderful plant we have :thumb:

Keep up the great work Antics. Can't wait to watch the LED grow. Good times ahead.

No doubts in my mind! Keep up the good work!!

Power Flower only had a 6 week Veg time, and Cali Jack only had 5 weeks veg. And Cali Jack is turning out the strong yielder. If I don't have 1.5 ounces from CJ, I'll be shocked. These buds are HUGE (by my standards)

:goodjob: Antics
I'm looking forward to your LED grow, after this successful CFL !!

Oh man so am I. I'm going to try to Veg about 8 weeks on the next grow, It looks like I'm going to need to hit somewhere around 3 ounces on one plant to hit my next goal. But I think I can do it!

Keep up the great work Antics. Can't wait to watch the LED grow. Good times ahead.

Thanks, I'm trying my best. The LEDs will be here Tuesday, and I'm tempted to throw it in to finish off Cali Jack, and just say "screw the CFL finishing, I need meds for someone" but the other part of me wants to finish it off completely as a CFL grow.. Any thoughts?
Right now, The hard part now is waiting to harvest. On my sugar leaves I'm sitting at about 50/50 amber/cloudy. On the buds I still haven't seen a single amber yet.

Calyxes are huge, and almost look like they all have seeds inside (They don't.. I checked lol). Pistils are slowly browning, with less new pistils growing out, but I have a large handful of white pistils still. Maybe a week or less until harvest is my guess now.

I also found 1 new nanner on a top bud, but I'm not going to worry about it. And it's far too late to get seeds now also, since I read they take like 3 weeks or so to develop, and I'm not wasting a great harvest just to get more seeds. I can just buy more from Herbies, who has been good to me on my past 3 orders.

We're on day 74 now! And damn I am totally impressed with Cali Jack. It's a long flower time.. but for the huge buds I'm seeing, it was well worth it. I had to use pipe cleaners to support several branches now, and you can just feel the weight of the buds if you move the branches a little. I really wish I could pass this around like a show and tell. I honestly didn't think a simple CFL grow would ever produce this much.

I honestly think I'm looking forward to the harvest and drying so I can see what the final weight is, more than I'm looking forward to the next grow.

Antics out.. have a great day/night everyone!

I'd start fresh see this grow out under CFL's just so you can say you got X amount from only CFL's. My light came just in time to start flowering.

Day 76 of Flower

Cali Jack now has a few trichomes JUUUUUUST starting to turn amber on pretty much every bud site. They have that yellowish tint, and since I'm using this to make oil for a patient, I don't want too much CBN as I've read that too much can cause a sickly feeling (maybe not so much when used as oil, but I will smoke test this as well, and I don't want to get a sick feeling either), and there will be more maturation of trichomes during the drying and curing process.

Otherwise trichs are mostly cloudy with only a few clears. She has gone 1 week beyond when I originally started itching to harvest, and I think it's time to finally say goodbye to my best plant yet, and say hello to making some oil.

So here she is, on her final day...

2014-09-14_07-33-21_192.jpg
2014-09-14_07-33-49_646.jpg

Finished.

I had some pics halfway through, but saw my pics here on my PC from the previous post, and assumed those were the halfway pics.. and deleted the ones from the camera lol.

Anyways, here are the big colas that are able to be hung to dry:
2014-09-14_09-46-56_310.jpg

These 2 are the ones for the backbuilding experiment:
2014-09-14_09-47-04_50.jpg

And I have the smaller ones in the drying box now.

I'm really hoping that my hand holding the stems getting tired while trimming was a sign that this was a good harvest, and not another sign of old age. Anyways, that ends this grow. I'll have a smoke report coming for Power Flower soon, and a smoke report for Cali Jack in about 2 weeks.

Thanks to everyone that helped and hung out with me for this grow. I had a lot of fun, and I'm glad I could share my improved yield with everyone here :)

Finished.

I had some pics halfway through, but saw my pics here on my PC from the previous post, and assumed those were the halfway pics.. and deleted the ones from the camera lol.

Anyways, here are the big colas that are able to be hung to dry:
2014-09-14_09-46-56_310.jpg

These 2 are the ones for the backbuilding experiment:
2014-09-14_09-47-04_50.jpg

And I have the smaller ones in the drying box now.

I'm really hoping that my hand holding the stems getting tired while trimming was a sign that this was a good harvest, and not another sign of old age. Anyways, that ends this grow. I'll have a smoke report coming for Power Flower soon, and a smoke report for Cali Jack in about 2 weeks.

Thanks to everyone that helped and hung out with me for this grow. I had a lot of fun, and I'm glad I could share my improved yield with everyone here :)

hell yea.. congrats on the harvest .wish i lived around u .. i would make u my caregiver lol .. i need a good oil . i have chronic back pain and im going to find out sooner or later if this would help.. i did a couple of batches of iso but nothing to brag about. i want a good oil in my pen that i can hit throughout the day . :goodjob:

hell yea.. congrats on the harvest .wish i lived around u .. i would make u my caregiver lol .. i need a good oil . i have chronic back pain and im going to find out sooner or later if this would help.. i did a couple of batches of iso but nothing to brag about. i want a good oil in my pen that i can hit throughout the day . :goodjob:

Thanks man :) I love helping folks out, so I'd have no problem taking on another patient. I just need a bigger grow area to supply it all. For pain I suggest a high CBD strain, and whatever THC level you can get is fine, as it won't be eaten. It'll all be beneficial to your body. Oil should be tacked for the most benefits, not smoked. When smoked and inhaled, the focus of Cannabinoids is going into the lungs and to the brain, where instead, it should be absorbed, and carried in the bloodstream in higher concentrations without being burned first. The great thing about tacking, is you can smoke while you do it, but smoking has never had much effect on pain for me.

Congratz bro. We all learned something as well as you did and it was a pleasure to watch your grow.

Thanks brother! Now I have to wait 5-7 agonizing days until I can get a final weight. I was tempted to weigh it wet, but I don't want to be disappointed when the final dry weight is in. The colas trimmed up really nicely though, I just have a little manicuring left to do. And I think I'm going to be at 1.5 ounces or better on this one.
And I definitely learned a lot this grow. And I'm sure I'm going to learn even more on the next grow. The LED will be arriving Tuesday man! I'm stoked!

Back
Top Bottom