Anybody try to use a mosquito netting to protect from caterpillars?

Gee

I have moths, butterflies, and masses of Fiery Skipper butterflies that are in my area. The Fiery Skipper is one i most see, but to this point i have found at least three different types of caterpillars on my plants. its hard to see them and was wondering if anyone uses a physical barrier like mosquito netting. Will the below allow enough light? Is there a downside other that the plant getting too tall????
Screenshot 2020-09-11 at 10.01.33 AM.png

Interesting idea, I really doubt it would be detrimental to the plant.
And you'd would have enough light for sure.

Thats thinking outside the box @Gee I will have to follow along to see how you make out.

....and for only $19? Sheeeit, that is less than what i have to spend on organic pesticides

And you'd would have enough light for sure.

Better to have a little less than the optimum amount of light than to end up with caterpillar sh!t in your buds causing them to rot anyway, lol. Plus, it'll undoubtedly keep the insect population down (assuming there are none on it when you tent the plant, otherwise it might end up keeping their predators from eating them ;) ).

only thing I'm worried about is the wind. Went outside one day and had a porch umbrella in my back yard. It blew over here. Neighbor knocked on my front door asking for it so her blueberries wouldn't fry in the sun

Hi there :passitleft: I grew an AK-47 a few years ago, my brother told me about budworm moths and their evil spawn. I bought a cheap, white,teepee shaped, mosquito net , made a tripod and it worked great. I built a couple small greenhouses specifically to avoid those fuckers so now I just spray for thrips and pray nothing else comes around and so far this year no worms. Stay stoned and stay stoneder

I have moths, butterflies, and masses of Fiery Skipper butterflies that are in my area. The Fiery Skipper is one i most see, but to this point i have found at least three different types of caterpillars on my plants. its hard to see them and was wondering if anyone uses a physical barrier like mosquito netting. Will the below allow enough light? Is there a downside other that the plant getting too tall????
Screenshot 2020-09-11 at 10.01.33 AM.png
Did you try it? And did it work? I have moths and caterpillars

Did you try it? And did it work? I have moths and caterpillars
Since I built my mesh greenhouses, no cats or moths. I think some cats may pupate in the ground though. Good luck.
Smile and stay stoneder.

Back
Top Bottom