Anyone remember when they first rolled up?

Anyone out there remember the first time you learned how to roll a joint or blunt?

Who taught you?

Wish I could remember who taught me how to roll a blunt but I distinctly remember who taught me how to roll a joint.

My cousin who was like my mom as my mother is trash, used to be able to roll one handed joints, actually 2 fingers. Used to amaze me.

I still can't do it. I try. One day for her I will. She passed almost 10 years ago, I know she is up there smiling down at me and my grows.

Salute.
:passitleft::blunt::meditate:

20211005_215409.jpg

Anyone out there remember the first time you learned how to roll a joint or blunt?
I guess being raised in rural Kentucky back in the 50's and 60's, rolling a "joint" sort comes natural. When I was a wee boy running around in the fields with some buddies during the fall, we always keep an eye out for what we called "rabbit tobacco", which I think was wild hemp. Soon as we found some, drying on the stem, we would roll it up. Though we never got high, it was fun pretending.

Good thread and question, makes one remember the days back when.
Spark up

When I was about 8, my dad was a long-distance lorry driver, and while my mum was in and out of hospital being treated for C, I would go with him and sleep on the parcel shelf behind the driver's seat
I used to roll up his baccy for him while he was driving, so when I came across some plants in the loft, it didn't take much to put 2 and 2 together. Been growing ever since

I'm tempted to get a cigarette loading machine and a carton of empty filtered tubes and just make them that way.
I have a friend who is 48 and with all those years of smoking, never managed to learn either. She still makes me or her kids roll them for her...

When I was about 8, my dad was a long-distance lorry driver, and while my mum was in and out of hospital being treated for C, I would go with him and sleep on the parcel shelf behind the driver's seat
I used to roll up his baccy for him while he was driving, so when I came across some plants in the loft, it didn't take much to put 2 and 2 together. Been growing ever since
I'm sorry to hear about your mother. I'm sure it was quite an adventure being out on the road with your dad. Ever see the movie Over the Top with Sylvester Stallone? Reminds me of that in the end when he gets to travel around with him in the rig.
Hell, my son already goes up to my plants and says 'Mama plants' smells them and goes mmmmmmm-he will be 22 months in 2 days :laugh::rofl:

I guess being raised in rural Kentucky back in the 50's and 60's, rolling a "joint" sort comes natural. When I was a wee boy running around in the fields with some buddies during the fall, we always keep an eye out for what we called "rabbit tobacco", which I think was wild hemp. Soon as we found some, drying on the stem, we would roll it up. Though we never got high, it was fun pretending.

Good thread and question, makes one remember the days back when.
Spark up
A wee boy in the fields. I'm picturing a cross between The Sound of Music and Half Baked :bong: you know it's funny, that cousin I mentioned who taught me had a son, a little younger than me.

One day, I went to her house before she was home from work and I found him in the kitchen attempting to roll up Mrs.Dash in a joint.

Needless to say, that night he smoked an actual joint with us for the first time.

My best friend found a bag of mexi swag stashed at a construction site in 4th grade. We taught ourselves to roll some whack little joints .

Never got good at rolling em though. There was always a 'joint guy' in the crew. I was more the macgyver a pipe/bong out of anything smoker. Though I can roll a mean blunt.

My best friend found a bag of mexi swag stashed at a construction site in 4th grade. We taught ourselves to roll some whack little joints .

Never got good at rolling em though. There was always a 'joint guy' in the crew. I was more the macgyver a pipe/bong out of anything smoker. Though I can roll a mean blunt.
I was always the roller and the bowl resin scraper. Used to have a bag of all different tools to get into all those teeny and bizarrely shaped crevices in the bowls. We were young, we didn't have $ for weed at 19, had to get the most out of all that residual resin...aaaaah resin bowls what a memory of my younger days

I'm sorry to hear about your mother. I'm sure it was quite an adventure being out on the road with your dad. Ever see the movie Over the Top with Sylvester Stallone? Reminds me of that in the end when he gets to travel around with him in the rig.
Hell, my son already goes up to my plants and says 'Mama plants' smells them and goes mmmmmmm-he will be 22 months in 2 days :laugh::rofl:
Thank you for your empathy
No, don't watch TV of any kind and never have - I won't even listen to commercial radio lol
The sweet comfort in that divine smell never goes away, does it :cool:

Thank you for your empathy
No, don't watch TV of any kind and never have - I won't even listen to commercial radio lol
The sweet comfort in that divine smell never goes away, does it :cool:
Never....

Yep I was 10 in boy scouts on a campout and we used a paper towel roll a 9/16" socket and foil for the screen...the very first steam roller..lol..woowee that was 40yrs ago..dayuum!!! Whats weird is me hearing that a 10 yr old smoked now I would be like wtf..crazy how that works!!

P.s......we got caught but never snitched on✌️

Yep I was 10 in boy scouts on a campout and we used a paper towel roll a 9/16" socket and foil for the screen...the very first steam roller..lol..woowee that was 40yrs ago..dayuum!!! Whats weird is me hearing that a 10 yr old smoked now I would be like wtf..crazy how that works!!

P.s......we got caught but never snitched on✌️
I say the same to my friend who has an 11yr old who is a skater and biker and who knows what it is but she thinks he hasn't smoked yet....hahaha...On my 19th birthday my friends got together and bought a half. We were gonna smoke all night. My other friend had gotten me a purple bag w a big weed leaf on it. All of a sudden it was gone. That and the weed we put in it. 6 months later, I found it in my mother's curio cabinet. She used to tell me I was going to rehab for weed. Now she smokes it with my sister and my mother and I do not speak lol

I was 11 hanging around with older kids watching them roll for ages taught me I was making roll ups like cones but I was 12 before I rolled my first spliff and I can't make some good spliffs now lol

somewhere in my teenage years i was around it enough to learn. Back then you used two papers to get it good and tight! i rolled up my first one in 38 years about 4 months ago. Nice & straight not too tight! Felt real good to know i never lost the touch:) I much prefer paper vs. anything else, can tell the difference between paper and bud. Part of the experience to me.

Oh gezz it was so many years ago. LOL I was 12-13ish when I started to roll. I started by rolling from my Dads pipe tobacky stash. I was obsessed to be a person that could roll a cig or joint and I went through 2 packs of papers in one day. By the time I was done, I could roll any size you liked. Came in handy at parties since it seemed to be something few could do or do well. Even to this day when people come over to smoke the bag is handed to me... :rofl:
:rollit:

I was 11 hanging around with older kids watching them roll for ages taught me I was making roll ups like cones but I was 12 before I rolled my first spliff and I can't make some good spliffs now lol
Never been one for the tobacco infused joints idk why....11 seems to be THE age for a lot of people...I was 16 though

Back
Top Bottom