Applegate's 1st Grow - Tangerine Dream & Jack Herer

Looks like you are doing beautifully! All the way through your plants have looked super healthy!
Thank you for all the details too!
I have very hard water 557ppm and have been doing similar, bought a ZEROWATER Water Filters Home Drinking Purification Filtration
I have some tangerine dream and jack in my current grow as well. I'm about 3-4 weeks behind you, just flipped to 12/12 this week.

Can't wait to see you through to the finish on this one!l

Welcome Smokingman! I'm disappointed that you don't have a journal going so I can visit your garden.

I stopped buying distilled water a couple of weeks ago and have been using straight tap water. I was getting completely overloaded with all the plastic jugs! I may end up looking for a reverse osmosis system down the road but the tap water seems to be doing okay at this point. Maybe a slight calcium related thing going on with the Jacks since going straight tap but it's not horrible so I'm going to up the Cal/Mag and try to limp through to the end.

Overall, I found Jack Herer and Tangerine Dream to be fairly undemanding and easy to grow. Have you had the same experience?

Here's my grow here, just literally signed up here yesterday. Was over at a much inferior forum,,,,this place is so active and helpful, nice peeps....

First Mainlining Grow - Shoutout To Nugbuckets & Nebula Haze

Yes I found both so far very easy to grow...The jack really just responds to any and everything amazing.....I saw too you picked those particular strains for your medical needs it sounded like...I did as well...the TD I really have enjoyed from my earlier grow. very potent though,,,,took a little bit to find the right dosing....literally 3-4 hits i find is wayyyyy too much during the daytime (worktime) 1 large hit really puts me in the right place....I guess it's a good problem...lol

Thanks for taking a look fopho - I really appreciate your comments.

I did things backwards - bought the seeds based on the description of the effects and only then did I look at grow reports for these strains! They've been pretty persnickety for some people so I think I hit a streak of beginner's luck.

I guess like Brett Favre says " i would rather be lucky than good" lol. Or something along those lines..

Thanks for taking a look fopho - I really appreciate your comments.

I did things backwards - bought the seeds based on the description of the effects and only then did I look at grow reports for these strains! They've been pretty persnickety for some people so I think I hit a streak of beginner's luck.

Take it however you can get it :clap:

Great! So the clone took - that's wonderful! I'll be looking forward to your report on the Durga once it's cured. I like the cost effectiveness of cloning and I'll have to give it a try at some point in the future. I kind of went nuts buying seeds because I want to try to grow all sorts of varieties and am holding enough beans for 2 years of on-going grows. The Painkillers are nestled all snug in a moist paper towel. I'll be revisiting your completed Painkiller journal to reap all your sage advice!

What a lovely journal. I'm subbed for this and the Painkiller. I'm just over 3 weeks of veg with my PK.

Good luck.

I'm just over 3 weeks of veg with my PK.

Wonderful, Max! I'm going to enjoy having a preview of what to expect with these new plants. By the way, between the luxury of the heated bathrooms floors, the crime spree in the neighborhood, and the unexpected arrival of officials at your bedside, your journal reads like a thriller!

:bitingnails:

97 days from seed and 54 days into flower.

I'm kind of running out of ideas on how to photograph the plants. I tend to take a lot of one bud portraits and while I'm enthralled with every picture, I suspect it might be tiring for other viewers. I'm trying to limit posting to the best pictures but I apologize in advance if I've gone overboard.

Since I'm two days shy of the 8 week mark I feel like I have to have a plan for scheduling the flush on the plants. Even though the Jacks are super frosty I have a feeling they may have to go beyond 10 weeks. Big Jack added another inch on her buds this week so she's still actively growing. What Little Jack's buds didn't growth in length was instead added as girth. Little Jack might be closer than Big Jack.

The Tangerines are another story. They don't have near the trichomes that the Jacks do but the Tangerines have quite a bit of amber starting to show. As best as I can tell, the amber is showing on the sugar leaves and not the bud. From everything I've read, TD typically goes well beyond 10 weeks and frequently finishes in the area of 14 weeks. So what's up with the amber already? On the up side, many have reported wispy, airy buds on this strain but these are really dense and hard. Even the buds on the fimmed Tangerine (which are much shorter and not as rotund) are acceptably solid. I just wish they were all snowy like the Jacks.

And there's definitely something up with the Jacks. Some of the leaves are showing signs of damage but the plant doesn't seem to be in huge distress. I don't know how aggressively I'm going to address this and am thinking that perhaps I'll do a deep watering and check the PH of the runoff. I admit that I've never done that.

A winter strom is rolling in - 7 inches predicted. Perfect way to begin a long holiday weekeend...I see a pot of soup in my near future!

n_January_15_2016_019.JPG

The Tangerines are so top heavy I've had to truss them for support lest they break their necks.

n_January_15_2016_017.JPG
n_January_15_2016_016.JPG

The Jacks seem super frosty to me. I mangaged to get a couple decent macro shots.

n_January_15_2016_013a.JPG
n_January_15_2016_013.JPG
n_January_15_2016_012a.JPG
n_January_15_2016_012.JPG

The Tangerines - not as frosty but check out the amber on the close up shot! What am I to think?

n_January_15_2016_010.JPG
n_January_15_2016_009a.JPG
n_January_15_2016_009.JPG
n_January_15_2016_008.JPG
n_January_15_2016_007.JPG

The Jacks - More of my single bud shot obsession.

n_January_15_2016_004.JPG
n_January_15_2016_002.JPG
n_January_15_2016_001.JPG

Nice bud shots man, I love the smell of bud in the morning, it smells like victory

In principle, they are all of clear colour, then they become cloudy and end up by being of amber colour.

Clear Trichomes: The trichomes of this color is the sign that a plant is not ripened. It’s better to wait before harvesting except you want to harvest a herb without effects.
Cloudy Trichomes: This color indicates that the resin starts to ripen. A plant with the most of cloudy trichomes will have an uplifting and energetic “High” effect
Amber Trichomes: If the glands are of this colour it’s a sign of full ripeness of the trichomes. The “stoned” effect of this resin will be rather narcotic, relaxing, and can become soporific.

To give you an idea, we generally speak of the percentages of the glands of one colour or another:

70% Cloudy – 30% Amber: Uplifting High Effect
50% Cloudy – 50% Amber: Balanced Effect
30% Cloudy – 70% Amber: Stoned Effect

Back
Top Bottom