Arellanobrian's 2015 ThunderHaze Auto LED Grow - Coco Loco vs Reused Coco

Looks nice. You will be suprised at how quick these autos shoot up. :goodjob:

thanx man im hoping they grow quite a bit also as i would like at least on OZ per plant and right now not looking too good :thanks:

I think those are pre flower so its just showing its sex so at least you know they are female :cheer: I hope they get bigger I think they will

and I like the three leaf plant 3 is my number I have high hopes for that one :high-five:

i hope they are too but according the the genofarm website these should be 80 day plants and today is day 31 so i think they should start flowering soon. def hope they get at lease 2-3 times bigger then they are now but i think i should have given them more light during the first few weeks :Namaste:

picked up a couple of new toys at Bear Necessity's in greeley. love my new pikachu bowl sooooo much

IMG_097926.JPG
IMG_098030.JPG
IMG_098431.JPG
IMG_098529.JPG
IMG_098328.JPG

I chose you.... Pikachu bowl goooooo :rofl: lol what up buddy how's the autos I just harvested my autos today and I started a new grow journal for the seeds I planted they broke ground already

I like the new bowl and the quartz banger bucket I like taking dab hits with my micro g pen

Nice Man toys you got there brother.
:thumb::high-five:
You must be smiling like a kid on Christmas morning. :)

I chose you.... Pikachu bowl goooooo :rofl: lol what up buddy how's the autos I just harvested my autos today and I started a new grow journal for the seeds I planted they broke ground already

I like the new bowl and the quartz banger bucket I like taking dab hits with my micro g pen

the pikachu bowl is my favorite for sure man. and the plant actrually just now are starting to look like there stretching so maybe they will be better producers then i thought. the quartz banger is awesome, way more flavor
Nice Man toys you got there brother.
You must be smiling like a kid on Christmas morning. :)

im so bad when i go to the grow shop or head shop haha im really like a kid at a candy shop :lot-o-toke: but i think we can all get like that about something lol at least i feel my hobbie helps people :circle-of-love:

Strian: ThunderHaze Auto From GenoFarm Seeds/ Dark Dragon from Kindom Organic Seeds

Grow Medium: FoxFarm Soil--- Reused coco from my last grow

Pot Size: Thunder-#5 pots---- Dragon-Solo Cups

Lights: MarsHydro Reflector series 144x5

PH: Coco-5.8 Soil-6.5

Pests: none so far

Nutes Per Gallon(coco only): 5ml-BioThrive Grow
5ml-BioRoot
5ml-BioWeed
5ml-Black Diamo
5ml-epsom salt
5ml-b1 boost
4ml-silica
4ml-zyme

ThunderHaze Day 31 Update

Welcome back, the auto's are looking like they are starting to stretch a bit. the plants in soil are still edging out the reused coco and i had to do some LST on those three but by the looks of it i will have to tie the other 2 shortly. i am now starting to feed/water the plants in coco everyday with a semi flush (water/zyme) once a week. still only giving plain waterings and spraying them down with a water/seaweed spray, i think i will start giving nutes at the start of week 5 at 1/4 strength and will give one week of veg nutes then go streght into flower nutes as they are really starting to look like they are going flower soon.

family shots
IMG_098928.JPG
IMG_098832.JPG

Reused coco plants
Yellow
IMG_099025.JPG
IMG_099227.JPG

Red
IMG_099329.JPG
IMG_099430.JPG

Soil plants
Green
IMG_099527.JPG
IMG_099628.JPG

Blue
IMG_099729.JPG
IMG_099830.JPG

White
IMG_099925.JPG
IMG_100135.JPG

Dark Dragon day 14 update

The 8 survivors are all progressing but have 3 runts that im hoping will start to grow quickly or may throw out but idk how many females ill get so cant toss any untill i see some preflowers. i should be transplanting them in the next week or so to #2 pots for about a month. I also dont know what kind of soil i will put them in, i have some Coco Loco and Happy Frog left but i think i will be making a home made soil with the rest of the reused coco as it doesnt seem to be performing the best this grow. i have about half a 5KG brick of coco mixed with 25% if that in perlite, a few bags of vermiculite, worm castings and i should be able to purchase anything else that is needed if we have any orgainc growers that see something. thanx for stoppping by and cheers!
IMG_100335.JPG
IMG_100529.JPG
IMG_100636.JPG
IMG_100733.JPG
IMG_100833.JPG

Gorgeous sheen to those leaves. The structure of your plants will serve you well. They're stunning. The gnomes are such a special and whimsical touch. :laughtwo:

The garden is looking good brother!!

Is this the second run for the used coco? Did you rinse or treat it in any way before reusing it?

Gorgeous sheen to those leaves. The structure of your plants will serve you well. They're stunning. The gnomes are such a special and whimsical touch. :laughtwo:

i love my gnomes very much thank you sue :thanks: and the plants are finally looking like i want them to, hope they grow a bit bigger and start filling in with a few more weeks :volcano-smiley:

The garden is looking good brother!!

Is this the second run for the used coco? Did you rinse or treat it in any way before reusing it?

this is the second run yes. i did rinse the coco out with about a gallon of water per gallon pot but nothing else, i did read that adding and enzyme helps break down the roots and may do that next time but i think that i may just end up trying to make a super soil with the rest of the used coco. any info an a good coco, perlite, verm mix would be awesome :circle-of-love:

i havent been getting the best results with the reused coco so far so i decided i would buy some new coco for my next round and make a soil with my used coco. im new to orgainics so i dont know what would be a good mix but have seen some things i know ill need. i have picked up some vermiculite and already have a 75% coco 25% perlite mix so i figure that will be a good base mix, i picked up a 15 gallon bag of worm castings and will add about half to the mix and use the rest in tea's. i picked up some crushed oyster shells and kelp meal but know ill also need some azamite but am lost from there, is there anything else that you guys cold recommend for a good flowering soil?

IMG_102530.JPG
IMG_102628.JPG
IMG_102729.JPG

i also picked up a bag of cyco's coco as i want to have a prerinsed coco that i will be able to use right out of the bag

IMG_102926.JPG

weekly video update, was way rushed on making it this week and still feeling so sick unsure :Namaste:

The reason that I had asked about the used coco is because I've been using it as an aeration and water retention amendment in my soil mixes. I've been adding it to my composted soil mix at about a 20% to 30% ratio or so. So far it seems to be working well.

At risk of being beat over the head by other that may have better advise to offer I'll throw my 2 cents into the ring here. :)

If you don't intend to use bottled nutrients as part of a regular feeding schedule and want to keep things simple but still have a very effective soil mix my suggestion would be to use the ingredients that you have plus add the following if available.

Some quality potting soil or composted soil mix as a base soil. Highly organic soil from a wooded area works fine also.
Some partially composted or decomposed tree leaves (carbon/humus)
Epsom salt or dolomite lime (magnesium and sulfur source and to help balance out the calcium contained in the oyster flour and bone meal. (6:1 or 7:1 calcium to magnesium ratio seems to be a good baseline)
Granite dust (trace mineral source)
Small amount of bone meal (phosphorus and calcium source. also small amounts of nitrogen as well as other trace elements.)
Rice hulls if you can find them (Silica source and helps with aeration and water retention. Not more than 15 to 20% total volume. Less is better than too much.)
A small amount of chicken, cow, rabbit, or sheep manure if you don't mind shitty soil. :) (Err on the light side and don't put too much.)

Recommended application rates for all ingredients stated above can be found by doing a quick google search. If using myco's you'll want to keep phosphorus levels low and probably eliminate the bone meal from the equation.

Mix well then let sit for about 3 to 4 weeks or more before use. Keep some for use as a top dress during the grow for nutrient replenishment.

- Disclaimer directed at others that may read this and have better advise to offer up.
There are more ways than one to build a quick and nasty supersoil so instead of criticizing it would be best to offer up any alternate advise that you may have for Arellanobrian and completely ignore this post of mine. No need to refer back to what I've posted here and pick it apart. Thanks. :Namaste::peace:

The reason that I had asked about the used coco is because I've been using it as an aeration and water retention amendment in my soil mixes. I've been adding it to my composted soil mix at about a 20% to 30% ratio or so. So far it seems to be working well.

At risk of being beat over the head by other that may have better advise to offer I'll throw my 2 cents into the ring here. :)

If you don't intend to use bottled nutrients as part of a regular feeding schedule and want to keep things simple but still have a very effective soil mix my suggestion would be to use the ingredients that you have plus add the following if available.

Some quality potting soil or composted soil mix as a base soil. Highly organic soil from a wooded area works fine also.
Some partially composted or decomposed tree leaves (carbon/humus)
Epsom salt or dolomite lime (magnesium and sulfur source and to help balance out the calcium contained in the oyster flour and bone meal. (6:1 or 7:1 calcium to magnesium ratio seems to be a good baseline)
Granite dust (trace mineral source)
Small amount of bone meal (phosphorus and calcium source. also small amounts of nitrogen as well as other trace elements.)
Rice hulls if you can find them (Silica source and helps with aeration and water retention. Not more than 15 to 20% total volume. Less is better than too much.)
A small amount of chicken, cow, rabbit, or sheep manure if you don't mind shitty soil. :) (Err on the light side and don't put too much.)

Recommended application rates for all ingredients stated above can be found by doing a quick google search. If using myco's you'll want to keep phosphorus levels low and probably eliminate the bone meal from the equation.

Mix well then let sit for about 3 to 4 weeks or more before use. Keep some for use as a top dress during the grow for nutrient replenishment.

- Disclaimer directed at others that may read this and have better advise to offer up.
There are more ways than one to build a quick and nasty supersoil so instead of criticizing it would be best to offer up any alternate advise that you may have for Arellanobrian and completely ignore this post of mine. No need to refer back to what I've posted here and pick it apart. Thanks. :Namaste::peace:

thanx much for the info man sounds like there can be some ppl with harsh opinions but i apreciate any advice :thanks::Namaste:

Apologies for polluting your journal with that disclaimer. I know it may come off as being a bit negative but my intention is to keep any negativity at bay and welcome constructive and positive follow up advise that others may have.

I've found that anytime that politics, religion, or organic soils become the topic of conversation in any discussions it becomes a magnet for "harsh opinions" to surface, rocks get thrown at each other, and it ruins the good vibes.
:peace:

ThunderHaze Day 35 Update

A few quick updates, i lowered the lights to 17 inches from the canopy and finally tied down the ThunderHaze autos in the reused coco. the plants in used coco still are only barely looking like they are shooting pistols while the plants in soil are def starting to form some noticable bud sites and while the plants can be considered in there first days of flower i am going to make the firest feeding a half strength veg nutes from the gen organics go box. no frost on the plants yet but still early so im not too worried about it and i will stop giving the plants the seaweed foliar feeding in the next couple of days (will use up the last of my spray bottle). and finally the coco loco is doing awesome, not only can i not see any deficensys but i have only had to water one time in the last 20 days!!!! the bag does say that you dont have to feed as often but its crazy how long its kept the pot heavy and no drooping at all (i have done a heavy misting daily) so no coplaints there.

Today i will give its once a week semi flush with just 1ml per gallon of cyco Zyme to the pants in used coco

Family Shots
IMG_104325.JPG
IMG_104427.JPG

Used coco plants
Yellow
IMG_104522.JPG
IMG_104626.JPG

Red
IMG_104728.JPG
IMG_104833.JPG

Soil Plants
Blue
IMG_104931.JPG
IMG_105036.JPG

Green
IMG_105145.JPG
IMG_105241.JPG

White
IMG_105339.JPG
IMG_105427.JPG
IMG_105631.JPG

i really noticed 3 pheno's in this strain, the soil plant marked white actually has a sativa charitaristic its more stretchy with a bit thinner leaves than the others. the soil plants blue and green along with coco plant red have very indica looking leaves and a bushy squat plant. and finally the coco plant yellow looks kind of a indica leaf but more in the middle of the sativa and indica pheno's i stated earlier and not as bushy as the indica strain but not even close to the stretchyness from the one sative looking plant. whatever i get i hope they are some good smoke worth waiting for as i am on my last 1 1/2 OZ from the last grow :lot-o-toke:

Back
Top Bottom