I think allot of growers do a disservice to their plants by just doing leaf tucking only. You need to get in there and get rid of some of that foliage so the plant has more co2 available. It always comes back stronger. I'm talking indoors only lol

There are people who swear by not doing any defoliation, even indoors. I've wanted to try to not ever pull a leaf and see what kind of yield I get but it will ne hard to get me out of my ways at this point. I agree that defoliating helps in a ton of ways. Only things I could change are maybe an automated watering system and my lights. I think both might happen this year, with the watering system coming first. My lights have been great for me and I don't feel like I need an upgrade. It'd be more to just treating myself to something new.

I think the panels help a lot with getting a more diffused, multi angle light to the plants. It also lets them lower popcorn buds become a little bigger.

I think the panels help a lot with getting a more diffused, multi angle light to the plants. It also lets them lower popcorn buds become a little bigger.
The panels might defuse more. The big grow rooms i saw in the legal grows had movers and were running HPS. I have zero experience with the newer panels although i will. My aquarium lighting experience tells me that there is a lot to learn.

Wassup Ase,

Long time fan! We met on the NYD thread few months back!! :)

I have got 11 girls I am trying your training technique with! :) not gonna lie it was scary removing node 1&2 but my lord did I see the energy directed into the remaining arms. I came back one day later and i couldn’t believe it.

Anyway just a quick question if you don’t mind. What do you use to hold your branches down with in the beginning stages ? I’ve made some u shaped stakes from wire but I’m not overly happy with them.

Peace

@Gehg im not Ase but since I’m here, I’m sure he doesn’t mind;)

Get some heavy duty lawn staples, Amazon has them. I have little weak ones and big strong ones. The stronger/longer ones are by far better. The plants are strong and use their muscles to push the staples up;)

Wassup Ase,

Long time fan! We met on the NYD thread few months back!! :)

I have got 11 girls I am trying your training technique with! :) not gonna lie it was scary removing node 1&2 but my lord did I see the energy directed into the remaining arms. I came back one day later and i couldn’t believe it.

Anyway just a quick question if you don’t mind. What do you use to hold your branches down with in the beginning stages ? I’ve made some u shaped stakes from wire but I’m not overly happy with them.

Peace

What’s up Gehg? Yes I remember you! I’m glad you took the jump and tried out my training. When I first started talking about it and had a few people try it out I was really nervous they wouldn’t experience the same good things I did. Very glad that people like Dobewon and Newty made the jump so I could watch and make sure it was something that works with everyone. Now I’ve seen it work in all mediums and with all different feed schedules so I’m pretty confident in it now.

I attach these rubber tomato wires to my metal stakes now (the stakes look like the ones on the left in Newtys picture). The rubber part is bendable so I make it into little hooks. It comes in a long string and you can cut them to the length you need too so if the plant gets too tall for the stakes then that issue is negated. If the plants start to grow then the rubber gives a little too which will cause less direct damage to the plant stalks, even though that’s never been a big issue. I just don’t like the bruising those metal stakes can directly cause. With the rubber ties I am able pull branches certain directions too.

Yeh I’m really good thanks, I’ve realised I don’t have the time to journal properly and hate doing things by half!! :)
That being said I’d love to fire you over some photos towards the end, I’m running a fair few strains and who knows you might see something you like! :)
I like the idea of the tomato wire, I have plenty of that and @newty my lawn staples will arrive tomorrow (gotta love next day delivery)

Happy gardening!
Peace!

Yeah I don’t really mind people posting pictures in my journal as long as they relate to something I do. Since you are training them using the quadline I’d love to see an update every once and a while. Journaling is a lot of work so I know what you mean! I used to update every other day and sometimes I don’t do updates for an entire week. Slowly backing away. I’ve got plenty of people now training others on their threads on my methods so I’ll let the new guys do all the work and I’ll just sit back as the OG now.

Haha like an OG gramps;)

Lol I feel that way. Funny thing is I am probably younger than most of the people that follow me. You'll get to see here in about a week and a half! Can't wait to get this magic butter machine off my desk and into your hands!

Yeh I’m really good thanks, I’ve realised I don’t have the time to journal properly and hate doing things by half!! :)
That being said I’d love to fire you over some photos towards the end, I’m running a fair few strains and who knows you might see something you like! :)
I like the idea of the tomato wire, I have plenty of that and @newty my lawn staples will arrive tomorrow (gotta love next day delivery)

Happy gardening!
Peace!

I'm sure you got the picture on what mine looked like but for anyone who was still a bit confused...

There are indeed cheaper ways to do this but those tomato soft ties are awesome. If the colas start to sag a little from weight towards the end of flower I make a hook on each end and lasso the saggy branch to one that is a little stronger to hold it up.

Lol I feel that way. Funny thing is I am probably younger than most of the people that follow me. You'll get to see here in about a week and a half! Can't wait to get this magic butter machine off my desk and into your hands!
Wooop wooooop!
This couldn’t be timed any better for me and can’t wait to run away for a few weeks;)

Ps. You could be a hand model! Lol

I'm sure you got the picture on what mine looked like but for anyone who was still a bit confused...

There are indeed cheaper ways to do this but those tomato soft ties are awesome. If the colas start to sag a little from weight towards the end of flower I make a hook on each end and lasso the saggy branch to one that is a little stronger to hold it up.
You and newty use some hardware. Those are some big staples. I will look fornsome next time i am in lowes or depot.

Back
Top Bottom