Asesino's Mystery Girl and Clones ScrOG - Coco Coir

I know my AN ph perfect almost always settles around 6.2 ph if indont ph down. Last grow was the mist trouble free grow ive done so far.

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine

M sure they will b fine. Ur not far out of range at all. I jus read that most cal mag issues fromm Coco is from treating like hydro and always pH at 5.8 but cal and mag uptake is best between 6.1-6.3. Found it a good read and did make sense!! What u think Asesino?

Ahh but this is not a cal-mag issue. Manganese is different than magnesium. Phosphorus is also pretty essential about this stage so that is the other one that absorbs well in the 5.6-6.0 range. I haven't been letting the PH swing very much. I need to let it float between 5.6-6.2 more and try to be less exact. If I'm right this problem should fix itself rather quick, the advantage of coco.

Oh I agree wasn't meant towards your plants it was jus I thought would run cross another Coco grower. I think u just got a finicky freebie. Lol. I have no doubt ur gonna get things straight fast. Jus thought if we always pH below the calcium and magnesium range that can cause why everybody says they have issues with cal mag in Coco. Which knock on wood I haven't had no issues with calcium or magnesium.

Pino's Coco & Perlite - Thunderpaws - First Grow Ever 2017

Oh I agree wasn't meant towards your plants it was jus I thought would run cross another Coco grower. I think u just got a finicky freebie. Lol. I have no doubt ur gonna get things straight fast. Jus thought if we always pH below the calcium and magnesium range that can cause why everybody says they have issues with cal mag in Coco. Which knock on wood I haven't had no issues with calcium or magnesium.

That is a fair point. I used to let my PH swing. Don't know why I haven't this grow. No biggie at all. As Pennywise has stated, he ran his at 6.2 (AN's nutes) and it was his best grow. I could maybe agree with this all the way up to mid bloom. That's when problems always start happening with coco. I'm going to let it swing for the rest of my girls and see if I can avoid this with them.

If I can get this fixed quick-like I'm anxious to see how these buds will swell and stack. Doesn't look like the buds seem to care so far though.

Day 49/33/27/13 - I decided to really bump up the feeding PPMs for a few days starting yesterday. I want them to have everything they need as they focus on the buds. The Ayahuasca Purples smell really sweet this time and have so many more white hairs than I remember. I think the bud enhancements this time around have really helped. I still am not getting any frost on my freebie's leaves. There is on the bud itself but none on the leaves. The Ayahuasca Purple's have frost all over the place.

The 4th girl in the flower tent got defoliated. I wasn't going to do anything to it just to see but I just couldn't. Glad I opened it up.

IMG_168040.JPG

I am beginning to think that I will not do much defoliating in my other tent. I do want to let some plants just grow without defoliating just so I can see the difference. I really like my heavy defoliation strategy but it will be fun to see how these strains react differently and which ones do better without defoliation. Maybe the Purple Trainwreck will knock it out of the park this time? I doubt it but it's worth testing.

Chemdawg's on the right. These are interesting to watch because it was my best structured one and was one i flipped right away from clone. Purple Trainwreck in the back left and White Rhino in front. These all ended up about the same height. I thought the White Rhino was going to be a little shorter but it kept stretching a couple days after the other two. All of them are starting to bud up except the little Chemdawg. It'll be fun to see how much it stretches before budding.

IMG_168137.JPG

Lastly the rest of the tent

IMG_167743.JPG

Freebie still looks slightly droopy. After comparing pictures from last update, which is why I enjoy keeping a journal to reference, I think the increased feed and adjustments to PH have indeed helped a bit. There are still so many thick white hairs but the bud just doesn't seem to be swelling that much. The lower stuff does look pretty good though compared to previous grows so maybe its just slowly growing evenly and I'm not noticing it.

4 days ago
IMG_164933.JPG

Today
IMG_167539.JPG

Still nice and even except a few on the edges, i usually get taller plants on the sides of my scrog. Maybe they stretch more for light.

With the way I train my plants too the main branches get pulled to the outside. Main stuff usually grows a bit higher than smaller branches as well.

What you are saying is very true though. You either have to have great light coverage over the entire net or train them differently to get them all perfectly even. Pretty happy with the way most of them look, especially the ones I'm doing the screen-less ScrOG with. All of them are pretty much done stretching now except the little Chemdawg.

Day 53/37/31/17 - Well I had a bit of a disappointing weekend. The oil for the house heat ran out in our tank on Friday night and the house was a whopping 64 degrees on Saturday. On Sunday and today it was 58. Because they don't deliver until Monday's I decided to skip a watering and do just a light watering over the weekend. I didn't want to have excess moisture with it being so cold. Anyways today everything looked a little light green and I gave them a larger than normal feeding. Should see a bounce back by next update. Heat is back on.

Flower Tent #2 - 17 days
IMG_171926.JPG

Small girl in flower tent #1 - 31 days in
IMG_172334.JPG

Freebie - Starting to smell finally and seeing some crystals as well. Would like to see it keep swelling. Still seems so slow and hairs are getting slightly more amber. Still a ton of white healthy ones though. Leaves still droopy-ish but this time the underwatering/feeding probably didn't help the cause. Going to give this one higher than normal feedings for a few and see if it really finishes strong the next couple weeks.
IMG_172028.JPG

Ayahuasca Purples looking frosty and more purple. It's too bad I just have a camera phone because you can't really see the purple yet but still only day 37 so still a few weeks left to keep going.
IMG_173232.JPG

IMG_172734.JPG

Day 57/41/35/21 - The effects of the last weekend were something that I have been trying to correct all week. I decided to give a good flushing to all the plants that were effected (freebie, white rhino clone, chemdawg clone and purple trainwreck clone). I discovered that I just wasn't giving them enough cal-mag. I think this was already happening before last weekend and then it was really obvious this week. When I tried to give them a big feeding after that they didn't like it and I think they were getting locked out, hence the flush. I then gave them a big feeding that same night. This was yesterday and I already saw better things today. I also discovered I have springtails in my coco. From what I gather they are probably not an issue but I hate the idea of any bug in the tent. They don't seem to be harmful and I read they eat the algae and any fungus. I think they came when it was really cold and I'm trying to keep things warm and low humidity and hopefully they go away.

Day 21, Flower tent #2 - The little plant has been so much fun to watch. It looks so healthy and like it will actually produce something decent. The other ones look good other than the deficiency and the roots are healthy and white.
IMG_175525.JPG

Day 35, Flower tent #1 - The little one in this tent is showing lots of white hairs. I think I will get better than I expected on this one too. I had really low expectations. It's still small but I contemplated cutting it and discarding it many times and glad I didn't.
IMG_176535.JPG

Day 57, Flower tent #2 - It's likely too late to really turn this freebie around. I think part is my fault with the cal-mag and probably underfeeding this one for how big it is. The roots are all over the place just below the surface. I think it's starting to use any nutrients in whatever leaves it has, especially towards the top. It swelled up a decent amount more and the results of what I was talking about earlier are shown in the second picture. You can see where I clipped the tops for backbuilding and now there is new growth shooting out the sides of the top with a hole in the middle. Those literally weren't there yesterday and they were nice and flat so that's a good sign. Maybe the last couple weeks will surprise me but I'm not too hopeful.
IMG_175729.JPG
IMG_177333.JPG

Day 41, Flower tent #1 - I think the reason that these Ayahuasca Purples are doing so well is because I was able to bump up the nutes at the correct time. Seems like any issues really start around week 5 in flower and these are basically 6 weeks in and look nice and green and perky. I have really high expectations for this one. The frost is engulfing these plants. You can kind of see the difference in buds too with the freebie to the right. Much thicker and frostier.
IMG_177028.JPG

Day 53/37/31/17 - Well I had a bit of a disappointing weekend. The oil for the house heat ran out in our tank on Friday night and the house was a whopping 64 degrees on Saturday. On Sunday and today it was 58. Because they don't deliver until Monday's I decided to skip a watering and do just a light watering over the weekend. I didn't want to have excess moisture with it being so cold. Anyways today everything looked a little light green and I gave them a larger than normal feeding. Should see a bounce back by next update. Heat is back on.

Flower Tent #2 - 17 days
IMG_171926.JPG

Small girl in flower tent #1 - 31 days in
IMG_172334.JPG

Freebie - Starting to smell finally and seeing some crystals as well. Would like to see it keep swelling. Still seems so slow and hairs are getting slightly more amber. Still a ton of white healthy ones though. Leaves still droopy-ish but this time the underwatering/feeding probably didn't help the cause. Going to give this one higher than normal feedings for a few and see if it really finishes strong the next couple weeks.
IMG_172028.JPG

Ayahuasca Purples looking frosty and more purple. It's too bad I just have a camera phone because you can't really see the purple yet but still only day 37 so still a few weeks left to keep going.
IMG_173232.JPG

IMG_172734.JPG

1st off allow me to say... those ladies look gorgeous.with that said... as a guy that watched Star Trek quite often and never figured this out... can you break down the date thing??. (57/37/31/17)

NewB Grower Going To Need Your Help

Ohhhhhhh.... so I guess I should start keeping track huh... ...

Yeah, no star dates here! My original grow was the first day. 2 of 3 freebies were male so I added two more plants to replace them and then added a 4th a little later. Then I flipped my veg tent to flower so there is another date. It's mainly for me to remember, I try to mention the day with the pictures during the explanation so you guys don't have to try and figure it out.

Back
Top Bottom