Auto Growers Unite: A Community Thread

Random question, but does anybody know if the nutrients go away after putting soil in the oven to clean it or anything potentially harmful ?

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App
Just flush the Shit out of it and let it dry for a few weeks. I've never heard of putting it in the oven to be honest with you Lmao

Sent from my HTC One using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Just flush the Shit out of it and let it dry for a few weeks. I've never heard of putting it in the oven to be honest with you Lmao

It seems to be fairly popular from what I can tell... it's suppose to kill any larvae that may be stagnant in the dry bagged soil so the heat kills them so they don't become active after your first watering... there's many articles on it but I haven't seen anything about the affect it has on the nutrients in the soil

It seems to be fairly popular from what I can tell... it's suppose to kill any larvae that may be stagnant in the dry bagged soil so the heat kills them so they don't become active after your first watering... there's many articles on it but I haven't seen anything about the affect it has on the nutrients in the soil

I guess I'm getting too old lol

Lmao I don't know I just know I had a problem as soon as I switched soils, I was using FFOF , but this round I was tryin vermifire because the nutrients should be enough until flowering starts at least my thoughts, but they were attacked by fungus gnats bad @ one point until I controlled them... so I like the soil mixture so far but if I can rid it of the gnats I'll be perfect but I was wondering because it wouldn't make much sense to buy a great bag of soil just to burn away the reason I bought it

Lmao I don't know I just know I had a problem as soon as I switched soils, I was using FFOF , but this round I was tryin vermifire because the nutrients should be enough until flowering starts at least my thoughts, but they were attacked by fungus gnats bad @ one point until I controlled them... so I like the soil mixture so far but if I can rid it of the gnats I'll be perfect but I was wondering because it wouldn't make much sense to buy a great bag of soil just to burn away the reason I bought it

Put an inch of sand at the bottom of your pots fill the rest with soil and put another inch of sand on the top. That will keep them out of your soil. And some ladybugs they will eat the gnats and won't harm your plants either. I've used them for years now and they have never done any damage to my plants

Put an inch of sand at the bottom of your pots fill the rest with soil and put another inch of sand on the top. That will keep them out of your soil. And some ladybugs they will eat the gnats and won't harm your plants either. I've used them for years now and they have never done any damage to my plants

I have heard of that actually as well that was an idea I thought about too... I did end up putting a product called gnatnix on the top for this round but i may just try the sand method next time maybe try one of each who knows

I think it's time we put all the speculation and myths about autoflower to rest. With this thread I'd like to have everyone's ideas and strategies for growing amazing autoflower cannabis plants. Although I'd love to administer this thread myself, the more people that can contribute the better. There are countless growers out there doing their thing, this is a place to share your wares... Come join the discussion and show the world that autoflowering plants are here to stay and here to impress the heck out of the masses of growers who say it's not possible.
With that said I leave this thread open for anyone who has questions, comments or just good Ole 420 banter. Hope to see you all here, keep up the great work 420ers, always great to see you all making the best of best autos in the world.

Here's a taste of what's possible..
20160510_2006553.jpg

20160510_1444222.jpg

KiG Everyone :green_heart:Cheers
I'm in for sure I like learning lol

I use brown sugar and it works awesome. Molasses also works awesome. They are great in a pinch if you have no cal mag.

At what point in the grow do you start the brown sugar/molasses & how is it mixed? Ratio I mean. Thanks!!

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this concerning molasses but you should use un-sulfered.
If you choose to use molasses

question about blackstrap molasses, anyone use it when they water? any reviews you can share? thinking of adding it to my young WW to see how it compares to my older WW that will not get any molasses

Every time I water I use 1tbs/1gal in Veg then 2 tbs/1gal every other watering when in Flower and also during the flush I use 1tbs/1gal hope it helps its like a Cal supplement and I use Epsom salt for Mag !!! Live-Love-Learn

Every time I water I use 1tbs/1gal in Veg then 2 tbs/1gal every other watering when in Flower and also during the flush I use 1tbs/1gal hope it helps its like a Cal supplement and I use Epsom salt for Mag !!! Live-Love-Learn

That's what I've done in the past and I have to say it's much better then buying cal mag suppliment. Cheaper and smarter in my eyes

I have both of those around here. Guess I won't have to buy cal mag as I thought I would. Maybe I can put those savings to seeds & equipment/nuts fund.

Not to brag, but I have to say I'm pretty delighted with myself at the moment. I have cut down my plants few days ago and placed them into the jars today. The total weight is about 130gr, so even if hat goes down by 20-30gr I'll be very happy with the result.

2x2 tent, 200w dual cfl, soil
3x critical cheese + 1x biodiesel mass

And I've sampled the leftovers after trimming ... it's pretty intense :) not sure which one or both, but very happy here :)))

Back
Top Bottom